“Clean, helpful and convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X Points Package
Ranked #3 of 14 hotels in Palmdale
West Wisconsin
“Clean, helpful and convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

My wife and i stayed at the Hampton at Palmdale for a long weekend wedding. All the shift managers were extremely helpful and the location is very convenient since it is right next to several fast food places, a target, etc. Also, the continental breakfast was very good and complimentary.

Cleanliness was great as well. If i was to be picky, the tub fixtures were a little rough, but other than that, a great facility.

Thanks for the enjoyable stay.

• Stayed July 2013

93 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
San Diego
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Won't be back. EVER. NEVER. EVER. NEVER EVER!

Upon arrival, this was a very promising hotel. Very clean, well kept, I'd say modern, and the desk person was very nice and quite efficient.

We got to the room and it was large, spacious and plenty nice. Not a five star hotel, probably not exactly a four star either, but very nice and very comfortable. Well enough appointed for us on this particular visit.

We went to check out the pool (it was a very hot and very windy day). The pool is out on the front outer edge of the property, and there is a mini mall/strip mall or whatever beyond that. So you sort of feel that you are sitting out in the parking lot and getting to watch the cars come and go. Blech. There was no shade (this a 100+ degree day, typical of Palmdale in July) unless you count the mesh umbrellas which really don't shade anything. It was obvious to me that these mesh umbrellas were intended to help prevent them from flying away in the wind. But that wasn't working because we had to forcefully hold down the little table as the wind tried to send it and the umbrella to Kansas. We quickly gave up and headed back indoors. Why no patio cover?! Sheesh! It's not that hard folks!

We quickly noticed that a lot of SUVs were arriving and there was some sort of tournament this particular weekend. Turns out to have been a softball tournament for some kids league. So the place was quickly overrun with families with under-teenagers. Now....we are pro family and we have five kids of our own. But we know how to reel them in. These parents didn't.

At 5 pm, the room above ours became very noisy. Kids were running (stomping?) back and forth. Back and forth. Back and FORTH! We had to turn up the TV in a feeble attempt to drown them out. Even the hallway and the room for breakfast was overrun with kids being very noisy.

At 6pm, we bailed out to go eat dinner and get a respite from the noise.

Back a couple of hours later, and STILL, the kids above were stomping around. We couldn't believe the parents were allowing it. We tried our best to ignore it for the next few hours but at 10 pm, after 5 straight hours of that, we called the front desk and complained loudly. The desk said they would address it.

10:30 pm. Still stomping. We called again. They apologized and said they would comp our room and address the noise. Wow, that was a quick comping of the room. Had they experienced this before? We wondered. Truly, I didn't look to get a free room. I wanted a nice and relaxing room and stay. I am happy to pay for that!

10:45 pm. STILL stomping! We called AGAIN! Again they apologized and said they had called the room and been promised it would stop but they would address it again.

11 pm. OKAY ENOUGH! I went to the front desk and told them I am going upstairs to address this personally. Do they want to go with me? The girl at the desk said she couldn't leave her post. I told her fine, I am going up and there is going to be trouble. Either go with me or don't but either way, there is going to be trouble.

I'm going to stop the story now but you get the drift. Except that I am going to say that it did stop shortly thereafter, but started right back up at 5 am the next morning. Seriously?!

We were reserved for that night and one more night but we could not take it any longer and checked out, making sure the front desk understood that we could not STAND the noise. We even asked about their Lancaster property (about 20-30 mins away) but were quickly told that one was full. Well goody.

That morning we also heard quite a few families walking down the hallway (probably headed out for the tournament) talking pretty loudly and their kids making quite a bit of noise. Really? That's pretty rude at 6 am people.

The points to be taken away here are:

1) The noise insulation at this hotel is poor.

2) The front desk is unable or unwilling to stop the noise.

We will never go back to this hotel and will probably stay away from Hamptons Inns in the future. They may have had a big payday with the tournament in town, but the damage done long term by ignoring people like us may be too much to compensate for the occasional sports tournament.

Room Tip: Do not under any circumstances accept a first or second floor room unless you can stand a lot of noi...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Melissa M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Palmdale, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
I sincerely apologize for the noise issues that you encountered during your stay. Our guests’ comfort and safety is my number one concern and I'm sorry for the inconveniences that this caused you. Your review will assist in correcting issues like this in the future. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider giving our property a second chance.

Melissa Magallanes, General Manager
Woodland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Staying at the Palmdale Hampton Inn for a wedding...in 110 degree heat! Staff and facility both excellent, and affordable as well. Very safe, close to shopping and food, yet very quiet. Also very clean! highly recommend this hotel!

Hanford, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Check in was a breeze. The hotel is right off the 14 freeway close to the Antelope Valley Mall and tons of restaurants. The room was clean, beds comfortable. The breakfast was very good and FREE! Free WiFi too. I would definitely stay again! The hotel is also RIGHT next to Mulligan's family fun center, which was great for us! Great location!

Taft, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed here while visiting the area. There were many hotels to choose from but I decided on this one because it had both FREE internet and FREE hot breakfast. All the other hotels in this area had a cost for either, or both. The hotel was very clean, and the room was great. They upgraded us -- we had a very comfy KING bed with a wet bar, fridge and microwave. The breakfast was very tasty, and there were many things to choose from. They also had a beautiful pool and spa, and an exercise room. Everyone who worked there was nice and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Palmdale, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I was coming back from hurricane harbor with my teenage daughter and her friend.I couldn't sleep well into 1 am, because there were kids running up and down the hall laughing and screaming. The Hotel is next to Mulligans so good hotel for families. The breakfast was Hot and the area was clean. Our room was nice we had a two queen suite w/ refrig and micro. There are plenty of food places around and a Target. Nice up to date appearance but loud guest in other rooms ruined my trip found out next morning a large group of kids on a team had checked in same day.

temecula, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed here with a softball team. It was clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. the beds were a bit small for my taste. the sofa bed was bigger than the regular beds. I was informed later that my daughter and her friends saw a man passed out on the floor by the elevator, not cool. It is the Lancaster area, so cant expect too much.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Palmdale? Share your experiences!