“Went in to eat. Waited to be seated. A female said she'd be right with us, didn't come back.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Claim Jumper

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Lancaster, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

So we didn't wait and left to the yardhouse. Wanted the experience of eating here, but lack of service turned us away.

Visited February 2014

Lancaster, California
“This time was right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

My husband and I try to avoid this Claim Jumper, in the past the food and service was bad and sad. (We had my husbands birthday party at the Northridge location to insure our guests would have a wonderful experience.) However, we received a Widowmaker coupon and took a chance on the Palmdale location, the food was good and our, service was excellent!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Palmdale, California, Usa
“Excellent quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

After several visits, I have found the food quality to be consistently excellent, the service to be above average and always friendly.One caveat: select carefully if you are watching your sodium.

Visited December 2013
Lancaster, California
“Disappointed Once Again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Going to Claim Jumper in Palmdale has become a joke between my husband and I. How are they going to mess up our food this time?

The last time we visited this branch, my husband ordered chicken fried steak. It was so overdone and dried out that he couldn't even cut it. To prove this to the server and manager, I picked it up and banged it on the table. The manager gave us a cupcake to make up for the inconvenience and we complained enough to have them remove his meal from our tab.

We decided to give the restaurant another try. We visited on a Saturday evening and the restaurant was dead. This visit was not a lot better. My tri tip was luke warm and my husband's chicken was burnt. The cooks so graciously flipped it over and covered it with sauce so we wouldn't notice it was burnt. Because he was so hungry, he ate what he could. Once again, we were disappointed.

Throughout our visits to this Claim Jumper, we have found that both the service and food are better when the restaurant is busy.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Arizona
“Food was good, service needs work”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I have never had this problem at other locations. We came in between lunch and dinner, so maybe it was a staffing issue. There were only a few other tables. Our server never refilled drinks, was rude and even told my son to "be sure to keep his mouth shut" when he was not even talking! The server rushed us in ordering and was attempting to insult us a few times. Then, our son's food was never even brought out, and after asking the second time and already sharing ours, we just stopped pushing. It was brought out when the check was, and we were charged for it. They were angry when we asked for a box, since we were leaving when they brought his food out. The food was good, the atmosphere was alright. It is a spacious dining area, which is why it gets this review. The service was poor.

• Visited September 2012