“Fresh, authentic, and great tasting sushi!” 5 of 5 stars

828 East Avenue Q6, Palmdale, CA
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 164 Restaurants in Palmdale
Cuisines: Sushi
Description: People have referred to Shugun in reviewing Goldfish Sushi in Palmdale, CA. It is also on Google Earth
“Fresh, authentic, and great tasting sushi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

This place rocks! The fish is super fresh - making the texture the best and making the taste incredible. Let's face it, if it taste like fish, it isn't fresh. The place is very small, and it doesn't matter whether the place if full or you're the only one, the wait seems to be the same so we have found that patience is needed for this great sushi. We have come to realize when coming here that it's time to enjoy your company, sit back, drink some sake or a large beer, and enjoy it - because only one guy makes the sushi, and when it arrives, it will all be worth the wait!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

High CA Desert
“Masa-san: Sushi Master”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

When we think of Shogun we think: best quality fish. Masa-san hand selects only the choicest fish himself, everyday at the fish market in L.A. This means he has to be there EARLY - no small feat from Palmdale. He is a true master at preparation and is dedicated to his art. If you love traditional sushi you cannot go wrong here. While other local restaurants have let us down, we've come to rely on Shogun for a consistently impeccable meal. My husband always chooses the chirashi or the sushi supreme. Masa-san always delights with additions of ankimo (monkfish liver), ebi (sweet shrimp), uni (sea urchin), or other surprises (only in season, of course). I "just" get the sashimi special - a full balanced meal for a great price. For years they accommodated our sushi-challenged child with special requests like salmon or tuna cooked rare or medium rare. Delightful and caring staff, delicious fish, dedicated service - these all help you forget that the setting is a bit small, noisy and perhaps in need of a pick-me-up.

• Visited May 2014
Palmdale, California
“If you Want GREAT SUSHI come try it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

One day me and my wife was driving around looking for somewhere to eat. We found Shogun. My wife was like lets try it. Okay we went in. A lil back ground My wife love's Sushi and am not a fan of it. So my wife order some stuff and I stayed with basic. Then I saw how much my wife was enjoying it so I tried some of hers. I got to say it was not fake fish it was great and now I could see why my wife was in Heaven with it. So one day my Wife tells me about her promotion at work. So I tell her to get ready so I could take her somewhere so I toke her to Shogun. I said I will try other stuff. so Me and My wife order Different Sushi. It was so great that we have gone back many times to try different Sushi's. The chef is a Great Chef.

• Visited February 2014
Ridgecrest, California
“Japanese Chef is the Owner, ALL Entrees 6 Stars”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

It's hard to get the whole family to go to a Japanese place because usually they get crap food while I get Sushi. NOT HERE! EVERYTHING IS PERFECTION! It's been a long time since I have been to a Japanese Restaurant that every dish was expertly prepared. I ordered the California Roll, Yellow Tail, Halibut, and Tuna Sushi (all fresh and delicious). Even the rice was excellent. Most sushi rice is just regular rice with vinegar and sugar added. I don't know what he does to this rice but it does not over power the fresh fish. It's the first time I have eaten ALL of the rice with my sushi. Mama and our teenager ordered the teriyaki chicken with deep fried shrimp. Then they ordered a side of shrimp tempura. I even had a bite of the tempura, this is hands down the best shrimp tempura I have ever had. It was light, crispy with fresh hot shrimp in the middle. Even the service was excellent. There was this little old Japanese lady that served us and she was very pleasant. Mama was kind of surprised when she said not to pour soy sauce on the rice cause it insults the chef! I just smiled. Even today we are still talking about how good the food was. A little hard to find but well worth the effort. This is now our stop for Japanese food and sushi within a hundred miles from home. No where else comes close. If you have read this far, then let me say one more thing. I have been eating sushi all over the world for over 30 years. I can't say that I have ever had Sushi that was any better than Shogun Sushi. Worth it at any price.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“The Best and Fresh Fish .... U get what u pay for !!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

This is the best sushi I have had in the states. Big Tuna and Tokyo Steak don't offer the same. It's worth the extra for authentic high quality Sushi

• Visited July 2013