“Great Value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Palmdale
Long Beach, California
“Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I found this place to be an excellent value for my money. I booked on line sight unseen. To my suprise a great location, clean room with a working refrigerator(my water was frozen i placed in the freezer thinking it was l ike most non working) and plenty of hot water!!!! My room was clean and was pleased that they even had all the premium TV channels including HBO. I was there mid week and will return. I travel to Palmdale for business and need a cheap, clean, affordable, and most of all safe place to stay. This property checked all the boxes.

Room Tip: I stayed on a Tuesday night. Weekends might attract a different crowd.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Angels Camp
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I had been trying to get a hold of someone from the EZ-8 Corporate offices for a couple of weeks.. I had left countless messages and had not received any response , and when I finally did, I was blown off.

I stayed at the Palmdale location for 2 nights and was planning on 4. I paid up front for 2. I had been driving for over 8 hours when I arrived and I have a bad back. So I require a bathtub to relax my back muscles. When I went to draw my bath, there were ants all over the top of the bathtub. I immediately called the front desk and was only offered a can of bug spray. I sprayed the tub and then tried to drain the dead ants. The tub would not drain, not to mention the smell of the spray. So I was not able to take my much needed bath. The front desk blew me off and not even offered another room.

When I went to check out and collect my things, there were ants ALL over my suitcase and camera equipment. I had to spray everything including my truck. Not to mention the laundry that needed to be done before I checked into another hotel. My suitcase , computer case and camera bags smell of bug spray now.

Also, There were people milling around the front dumpster till all hours of the night and also in the mornings for some reason. That was out front of my room. The elevator did not work most of the time and Housekeeping felt it was OK to mingle there to talk and laugh. There were about 4 of them hanging around the entrance to the elevator with there carts which made it hard for me to get around with my camera equipment.

When I checked out at the front desk, I asked to speak to the manager. I was told she was unavailable until 9 and she would give her the message to have her call me. This was 8 A.M.
I never received a call from the Manager. I called twice more that day while I was on the road. Each time another excuse. I called the next day also. One excuse was a Doctors appointment, the next call was that she was too busy to come to the phone. I left my number each time and STILL NO RETURN CALL. Have not received a call since I left there and none for over a month now.

I stayed at the same location a couple of weeks earlier and at that time was told I would have to leave my room early the next morning to allow for the carpets to be cleaned. I was told in a very rude manner by the manager pounding her finger on the counter saying, "SEE THIS??? NO EXCEPTIONS!!" Really???? Is this how customers are treated at ALL your locations?
I asked if there was a room that was already done and was put on the 3rd floor in a room with the carpets being still wet. I had been driving all day and had all my camera equipment with me, so was not going to go back downstairs again. I just dealt with it.
I also asked about a discount , which I was told over the phone that there was one for AARP and AAA. When I arrived I was told 'WE DO NOT GIVE DISCOUNTS." Not that is was a lot, but every bit helps.

I called the Palmdale facility again after I returned home and asked AGAIN to speak to the manager. I again was told, She is busy. The clerk came back to the phone and told me the manager said , "WE HAVE ANTS HERE IN PALMDALE, AND THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO." Seriously???? Are you kidding me??? Not even offered an apology or a refund or anything. Yes, I am aware that There are ants everywhere. But not where I bathe and sleep and pay money for the privilege of doing so. My biggest issue is that the manager could not even take 5 minutes to address an unhappy customer.

I understand that this hotel is not a high end luxury hotel, but when I stay at a hotel of any kind, whether it be a $5000 room or a $5 room, I expect and hope that I will be treated with respect and courtesy. I have never encountered such disrespect and rudeness anywhere ever. I have stayed in other hotels in your area as I visit there often and have always been treated well. If there is a problem I am always compensated for my trouble or offered another room. None of this ever happened at your facility.

I have also stayed at Motel 6's many times in the past and there is usually some kind of issue. Goes with the territory. But the issues are ALWAYS addressed with kindness and respect and apologies , changes or refunds are always given or offered along with discounts for AARP. The front desk people are always kind and courteous.

I took pictures showing the ants along with the bug spray . .. The ants returned again and infiltrated my suitcase, computer case and camera equipment. I am a freelance photographer by trade and am still trying to get the smell out of my things.

I would not stay in this location as there are bugs everywhere according to another posting this seems to be an issue here.

No one from this Hotel chain seems to care about their customers. Beware...I have yet to hear back from the Operations Manager who also promised to get back to me. I was blown off by her also.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

First of all, I would never have booked a room here, had my reservations not been messed up by booking with a travel site. But, I was glad to know that I could get a room at this establishment. The room that I was given was in the back of the hotel, and I quickly noticed that this was a hangout. I was not afraid, because my husband was with me; however, I was apprehensive about the safety of my car, and believe me when I say that I was apprehensive, there must of been a good cause; I am from an inner city, and there is not much that can make me apprehensive.

I cannot remember the amenities, because as soon as we got settled, I went to the restroom, and I saw a small roach. My husband killed it, and for some reason, we thought that was it. After going to bed, I got up and sat on the side of the bed, and I saw a roach crawling on the wall, near the closet area. My husband got up and killed that roach. Then, we got into an argument about the motel, and while arguing, a roach was crawling above the headboard, and that is when I packed my bag, and gave my husband who was there with his family, an ultimatum. I left the roaches and my husband, and never went back

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Palmdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

This motel is so clean and the staff are friendly. Very helpful. Though no clocks in the room they have wake up calls. No pictures on the walls but the view of the Antelope Valley and the mountains are awesome. I would recommend this spot for the money, location, and cleanliness. Close to the hospital so you do hear the ambulances. They have security and don't allow non registered guest on the property so they are pretty quiet... I plan on staying there again!

Room Tip: The non smoking building is the one the office is located in so for obvious reasons, the non smoking...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

A good value motel for long-term stays. Spent a month here working in the area. Price was good. Room clean. Daily service at weekly rates. Pool, hot tub. Great for relaxing after a long day working in the high desert. Staff was helpful and friendly. Recommended a great locally owned mexican restaurant.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to E Z 8 Palmdale? Share your experiences!