“Solid Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Palmdale
california
“Solid Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here on the way to a soccer match in so cal. The facility was nice quiet and clean. THere is a indoor pool and hot tub. Desk staff were nice and polite. I have stayed at a lot of Residence Inns and Marriot hotels and this is a solid one. The hotel itself if gettting a bit aged but room was clean. Mall is down the street and some fast food nearby.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Plainville, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2015

I came to Palmdale from the east coast for business. It was my first time in CA. The hotel is in an excellent location - just down the street from the mall and stores. It is also only about 10-15 minutes from Lancaster and very easy to get to. The staff here was super friendly and helpful as well!

ROOM
The room was perfect! When you walk in there is a full size kitchen, complete with coffee maker, dishes, utensils, microwave, full sized fridge, mini-oven and dishwasher. There is also a little basket with coffee, tea and even a bag of popcorn! There is a small table for two to eat dinner at. Additionally there is a desk, coach and arm chair as well as living room coffee table. There is a TV in the living room. There is also a small paper that you can list groceries that you want and they will bring them to you.

Then in a separate room is the bedroom. There is another TV in there as well as a large closet and big sink area. The toilet and shower are separate in the bathroom - the sink is in the bedroom area. Water pressure was excellent with lots of hot water - although CA is going through a bad drought so keep that in mind during long showers!

The only downfalls were that there is only one temperature control for the entire room (not separate ones for bedroom and living room) so it was often either too hot or too cold. The bed wasn't that comfortable and the fitted sheets don't fit very well, as they constantly kept pulling down and slipping off during the night. But hey, who sleeps that well when they aren't in their own bed anyway.

FOOD
Complimentary breakfast is served M-F 6-9 a.m. and S-S 7-10 a.m. They had an assortment of hot and cold items. For hot items there were scrambled eggs, home fries and sausage (I believe the hot is changed up daily). There was also an oatmeal bar with pecans, raisins and brown sugar. For cold options there is a ton! They had several cereals (Raisin Bran, Special K, Cheerios, other name brands), bagels, english muffins, regular muffins, yogurts, yogurt parfait, apples, bananas and a variety of cold juices. They also have trays and disposable plates/silverware if you want to take your food back up to your room.

There is hot coffee in the lobby 24 hours per day. They also have hot water with a variety of teas and hot chocolates. There are little individual creamers in hazelnut and french vanilla.

Complimentary dinner is served M-W 6-7:30 p.m. This is referred to as "Residence Inn The Mix". While we didn't make it, each morning they post what the food will be in the lobby. The first night we were there it was cheeseburgers and salad. The second night it was a local taco truck with quesadillas and bacon-wrapped hot dogs.

GYM/POOL
The gym was small but did the trick. There are 2 treadmills, 1 elliptical and 1 bike. There are not any free weights. There is a small water cooler and several towels as well as Lysol wipes. Each piece of cardio equipment has a TV on it so bring your headphones. You can also bring your own device and take advantage of the free wifi to watch Netflix or other streaming during your run (that's what I did). It can be busy in the morning - I went down at 6 a.m. and there were already 2 other people there (so half the gym was occupied).

I didn't get a chance to use the pool however it was a good size and had a separate hot tub/whirlpool also. There are water fountains and restrooms just outside of the gym and pool area.

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would highly recommend it if you are in the area. Being so close to stores and having the full size fridge was perfect because we were able to purchase coffee creamer and snacks, as well as take leftovers from going out to dinner to heat up later.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Fla
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2014

We stay here once a year when we visit our children. We live in Florida and feel so comfortable at this hotel. Everything you need is here including a great laundry. I wish I could remember the lady's name in the breakfast room because she was so nice and her breakfast burritos were the best. Every breakfast was so delicious.
Miss you Residence Inn. Loved staying there. So Homey and the Christmas decorations were lovely.

Room Tip: We had a two bedroom sutie which was nice but if you can get one with a gas fireplace, it's even...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Moises A, General Manager at Residence Inn Palmdale, responded to this review, February 9, 2015
Dear AlmondCookies,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. The breakfast lady that you are referring to is Margarita. I have shared your feedback with her and the rest of our team here. It was our absolute pleasure serving you and family.

We hope to see you back soon!
Santa Barbara, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

I arrived at 7pm and the front desk reception told me that I did call to cancel my reservation which I didn't. This wasn't the first time Marriot hotels chain do this to me. Because the hotel overbooked and they can cancel any reservation any time they want. It's unacceptable to me. I will never ever make reservation with Residence Inn and Marriott hotels whenever I travel.

• Stayed July 2014
Moises A, General Manager at Residence Inn Palmdale, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Kevin,

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced during your last visit to our hotel. I have looked through our reservations system but could not find the cancelled reservation referenced above: That of course does not mean that we did not commit a mistake. I would like to ask that you contact me directly so that I may gather additional details. Customer service is of my highest priority and would like to rectify the situation immediately. I thank you for the feedback and look forward to speaking with you soon.
Lake Hughes, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Did not stay in the hotel but the Place is really nice and Brand new.
Can not rate the rooms - the people were very nice.
The seminar rating would not reflect the NICE hotel so I'll just say I would gladly stay there.
The furnishings are top notch. I gave it a 5 star but since I did not stay in a room
Just from the lobby and meeting room

Room Tip: The location of the hotel gives a good room from all sides
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dazzll,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We try our best to keep our hotel clean and maintain our service at an incredibly high level. Great compliments like the ones above only motivate us to keep working harder. I hope that one day you are able to spend the night in one of our suites so that you are able to enjoy the full experience. See you soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I want to thank Vanessa, Moises and the staff for their professionalism and awesome personalities. This staff is very accommodating to our monthly AYSO board meetings. I recommend the Palmdale Residence Inn for any community meeting, events and place to stay. I am glad we have staff that cares about there clients and community. Keep up the good work. On behalf of the kids, parents and board members of Palmdale Region 393, thank you for everything you do. Miguel

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Moises A, General Manager at Residence Inn Palmdale, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Miguel,

Thank for great review! It brings us great joy to be able to help the community that has supported us since they day we opened our doors. We are thankful that we have people like yourself out in our community volunteering their time to better our younger generations. Thank you for all that you.
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights while visiting the area on vacation. Not a scenic location but good accommodation, friendly staff, decent breakfast and early evening snacks. Made use of the pool and the on-site laundry.
Close to the Antelope Valley Mall and a thirty minute drive from Antelope Valley Poppy Reserve.

Stayed March 2014
Moises A, General Manager at Residence Inn Palmdale, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you for your positive review. It is an honor to know that we were your hotel of choice during your vacation period. We hope that you were able to see some great sites while you were with us. The positive feedback is always appreciated and well received. I will share your review with our team during our next weekly meeting. Thank you again.

Been to Residence Inn Palmdale? Share your experiences!