“State Cup Soccer Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 14 hotels in Palmdale
San Diego, CA
“State Cup Soccer Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2009

We arrived @ 3pm and our room was ready as expected. We opted for a 2 bdrm suite as we have 3 children, 2 of them teenagers. Spacious rooms each with their own bath, full kitchen, full size fridge, stove, micro, dishwsher, pots pans plates etc. Didn't really use any of it but if we had it would have been nice. Rooms were clean, stocked with towels, what you would expect. Only complaint on the room was the finish on the cabinets in kit. and baths were a little worn, (I'm probably way to picky). Separate living room with TV, sofa bed and chair, sm dining table. Breakfast was included, very nice standard complete. There was a huge soccer tournament going on so the staff had to hustle to keep the food filled but they did a good job. Pretty small dining area compared to others but adequate. Indoor pool & jacuzzi - pool wasn't warm but jacuzzi was nice and hot. Strong clorine! Friendly staff. We paid $179 + tax. Not bad for a full 2 bdrm suite with 3 tvs and free breakfast. Great for a family, there were 5 of us, 2 shared a queen bed.

• Liked — great value for the money
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Zachary B, Manager at Residence Inn Palmdale, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
Greetings!

Thank you for your feedback, and we are glad that your family enjoyed the amenities at our hotel. Feedback such as yours prove why our Residence Inn Palmdale hotel is a preferred destination for many of the families attending the soccer tournaments in Palmdale and Lancaster. We offer clean and spacious Studio, 1-bedroom, and 2-bedroom suites. In addition, each suite has a kitchen and dining area for your family meals.

We hope to see you in 2012! Please let me know if we may have the honor of welcoming your family back at our Residence Inn Palmdale.

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2008

I booked a week at the Residence Inn because it was close to work. Also, the reviews were very favorable. The first day, I returned to my room 20 minutes before the cleaning crew went home only to find that it had not been serviced. I was gone for over 10 hours; all I wanted was to kick off my shoes and relax but I could not. I called the front desk & they said they would take care of it. I spent 30 minutes in the lobby waiting to get back into my room. During the wait, I visited Happy Hour in the lobby which was high fat, full sugar. I was surprised that there were no diet sodas included with the Coke and Sprite. After some celery sticks I returned to my room which was finally made and attempted to get on to my computer to work. The advertised wireless was not working so I called Tech Support who spent 45 minutes asking me was the computer on, was the power saver on, was it plugged into the wall, and lots more irrelevant questions that had nothing to do with accessing the wireless network. I finally got off the phone & called the front desk. They had all the access points reinitialized so I turn off my computer & turned it back on to try again. After another 15 minutes, I gave up and asked the front desk for an Ethernet connection. Wireless does NOT work in the hotel but they will supply the bridge for the Ethernet. Although the front desk was friendly, the service was lacking. Breakfast is so so. Happy Hour abysmal and the workout area is standard hotel. I will not return here if at all possible. I found much better service, working wireless, better breakfast & Happy Hour at the Holiday Inn on Palmdale Blvd. Although the room is half the size with only a small frig, the food is much better at the Holiday Inn; there’s room service and they have a complimentary membership at 24 Hour Fitness if you want more than the hotel's workout area. VERY VERY disappointed! Makes me wonder if I want to continue with my Marriott Rewards Program.

• Liked — the size of the room
  • Disliked — inadequate service - no maid service, no wireless,
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Greetings!

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry where we may have fallen short. Since your last visit, we have made several strides in our service scores and overall guest satisfaction. We have improved our wireless internet connectivity throughout the hotel. We hope that you will give us another try on your next visit to the area. Please contact me personally so that I may make it right on your next visit.

Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2008

We booked a one night stay at the Residence Inn in Palmdale. We were greeted by friendly and efficient staff the minute we walked in the door. We had asked for a quiet location and they made sure that we got such a room and even upgraded us from a one bedroom suite to a two bedroom suite. Our room was quiet. Foam pillows were on the bed, just as requested. The complimentary breakfast the next morning was good and the staff kept the food well stocked. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Palmdale.

• Liked — Friendly staff, clean and spacious rooms.
  • Disliked — There was nothing to dislike.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Greetings!

Thank you for your comments! We are thrilled that you chose our Residence Inn Palmdale hotel for your visit to our area and hope that we will see you on your next visit.

Hanford, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2007

I am a traveling salesman always on the run. I pass through Palmdale at least twice a month. I usually stay at the Holiday inn but this time i saw the Residence Inn from the freeway and decided to give it a shot. I was amazed by the interior of the hotel. Very clean and comfortable. I stayed in one of their One Bedroom suites. For about 20 dollars more then I usually spend, I got what i thought was incredible. My room had a full kitchen, full sized refrigerator and a LIVING ROOM. It was like a small furnished apartment!!! I threw my shoes off and relaxed on the couch watching TV. It was a great night sleep. When i checked in I noticed the Marriott level customer service. It was great, they were polite, friendly and treated me like family. Pricing is adequate and the rooms are beautiful. I just booked my stay for next week online. I will never stay anywhere else in palmdale. One thing though. There is no room service there. A little dissapointing. Overall GREAT HOTEL.

• Liked — Rooms
  • Disliked — No Room service
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2003

I booked a suite which included a fully stocked kitchen with dishwasher, table settings and pots & pans. Cable TV in both bedroom & living room. Sofa is also a sofa bed. Desk with modem plugs. Free complimentary breakfast and light evening snacks every day. Very conveniently located next to highway, mall, stores, restaurants, and fast food places.Rooms were kept spotless, very friendly and accommodating staff. I would recommend to anyone for business or vacation. I checked out amenities & rooms to see if it is for you: ...

• Stayed April 2003

Been to Residence Inn Palmdale? Share your experiences!