“A friendly hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 14 hotels in Palmdale
UK
“A friendly hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights while visiting the area on vacation. Not a scenic location but good accommodation, friendly staff, decent breakfast and early evening snacks. Made use of the pool and the on-site laundry.
Close to the Antelope Valley Mall and a thirty minute drive from Antelope Valley Poppy Reserve.

Stayed March 2014
Moises A, General Manager at Residence Inn Palmdale, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for your positive review. It is an honor to know that we were your hotel of choice during your vacation period. We hope that you were able to see some great sites while you were with us. The positive feedback is always appreciated and well received. I will share your review with our team during our next weekly meeting. Thank you again.

20 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Ohio, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

I stayed two nights at the Residence Inn by Marriott in Palmdale while on business to the area. It was convenient to shopping and dining options and right off the main road, although it was still a bit of a haul to get to NASA Dryden, I mean, Armstrong Flight Research Center (but then, any hotel is going to be a haul to get there!).

I thought the Residence was a good choice. Clean and comfortable, which are the most important items for me. The lobby area is very nice. Check in was quick ad easy. The staff at the desk was friendly and helpful. Funny story is that the gentlemen taking care of the check-in was very happy to give me an upgrade to a two-bedroom suite. "Dude, I'm by myself, why do I need two bedrooms!" But it was a nice room regardless that is was more than I needed.

I was very pleased with the room. As mentioned, it was a two-bedroom suite with a living room and kitchenette connecting the bedrooms. There were two bathrooms as well, so it would have been very easy to share the space with another person. The suite was well appointed (all the normal amenities plus the kitchen seemed to have everything you would need for a long stay). There was a flat screen TV in each space (each bedroom and the living area). The bathrooms were a nice size; plenty of room to move about. There was also free wifi in the room, which is vital these days.

The only issue during the stay was that there was a fair amount of noise from the rooms above me during the early evening. Fortunately, I was exhausted and was able to sleep through the disturbance. But it could be annoying for others.

I took advantage of the fitness center at the hotel. It is small with two treadmills, one elliptical machine and a reclining bike. One of the treadmills was out of order during my stay, but fortunately for me I was up really early and able to meet the rush. There was not a business center (not that I was looking for one) but I did see a computer in the lobby for printing boarding passes.

The complimentary breakfast was good. Not an extensive variety, but enough to start your day. I also tried the evening social on our first night; the meatball subs were very good.

Overall, it was a good stay. I will certainly consider staying at the Residence Inn should my travels bring me back to the Palmdale area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review. We are thrilled to hear about your great experience. It is always a big motivator to hear that the hard work and dedication of our team members is showing. We wish you safe and happy travels. Come back and visit soon!
Manchester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

I was on assignment working the late shift and slalom during the day. I let the staff know I didn't want any service before 2pm and they complied. the rooms are nice and dark and mostly quiet. sometimes a military jet flies over which can be loud but only during the day. the shower is powerful and has a massage setting. the kitchen has all you need and there are plenty of stores near by to stock up on groceries. Good wireless Internet, hdtv reception, no oders, comfy bed. The only downside is the lack of parking when coming back early in the morning at the end of my shift. most nights I got a spot but one night I had to park at the hotel next door.

• Stayed November 2013
Moises A, General Manager at Residence Inn Palmdale, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Beadge,

Thank you for the great feedback. I am thankful that we were able to make such a positive impression. We look forward to your return and will strive to provide nothing short of a perfect stay. Best holiday wishes from the entire staff.
Durango, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

I've never been letdown by a Residence Inn, and this one is no different. I stayed for 8 days and felt as much at home as possible from any major hotel chain that I've stayed at (except for the very high-end hotels). Rooms were large and well-maintained, staff was extremely friendly and accommodating, breakfasts and weekday hor d'oeuvres were TERRIFIC, pool/hot tub were top-notch, and location was great (as far as restaurants, supermarkets, and evening entertainment were concerned). Trying to think of anything negative...nope - great stay!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Moises A, General Manager at Residence Inn Palmdale, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
M W,
Thank you so much for the positive feedback. We pride ourselves in being able to deliver a clean, friendly and memorable stay. We hope to have you back with us very soon. Until then, we wish you safe and happy travels.
Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We picked this place because it was a good "half-way" spot to meet up with family. The location seemed out of the way, but probably isn't for the people who visit that area regularly. The property was clean, the staff was friendly and the mattresses were the typical Marriott murder-mats...they're awful on the back. We use the Residence Inn chain frequently because we need their 2BR/2BA suites. This property was no worse than any others and, in some ways, a bit better.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Moises A, General Manager at Residence Inn Palmdale, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
DreamSeeker94,

Thank you for the positive review. We love to hear our feedback from our valued guests. When you return to our hotel, please contact me directly; maybe we can do something to better your sleeping experience. Depending on your preference we can try a bed board which will make your mattress a bit more firm, or we can find you a room that has a little softer mattress. Happy travels from the Residence Inn Staff!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

A good friend and I spent the day UTV riding in nearby California City over the Memorial Day weekend, and stayed here to get a shower and some sleep instead of going for the long sojourn home after 100+ miles of hard, dusty off-road riding. We were in a 2-bedroom suite for 1 night.

The staff was very friendly during check-in. Even though it was quite busy when I was checking in (being a 3-day weekend and all), they kept their cool and gave every guest a smile and personal attention. The rooms were clean and well maintained and the beds were comfortable.

The location is perfect, with tons of restaurants at the Antelope Valley Mall, just the other side of highway 14. Breakfast was good and was actively replenished; love the fresh waffles!

The only slight issue we had was parking. The lot is shared with the Courtyard, and part of a shopping center. Therefore, it was a bit of a challenge to find an area to park a pickup with a 20ft trailer. Ultimately we were successful in the very back corner, but that was early evening... when we returned from dinner (in my truck, which had no trailer), it was apparent that had we attempted this after 8pm or so, it would have been a serious issue, as the lot had filled up quite a bit. Again, this is only something to bear in mind IF you're staying either here or at the Courtyard with a trailer.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Moises A, General Manager at Residence Inn Palmdale, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
mmotley,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give our hotel such a wonderful review. We hope to see you guys back soon, and if you call us a day or so before your arrival we can see about closing off a couple spaces in our rear parking lot to make it easier for you to move in and out with your trailer. I hope that you have another exiting trip planned for the upcoming Fourth of July weekend. Ride safe!
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My family and I stayed at Residence Inn for 5 months due to a flood in our house. I actually didn't mind staying there under the circumstances. All the staff was great and the food was wonderful. I especially never tired of the awesome breakfast; some of my favorites were the waffles, breakfast burritos, egg mcmuffins, and the blueberry yogurt. The kitchen staff is the best, and they will do everything they can to make you happy. The front desk staff will also do everything to accommodate you, and they were simply awesome. There is a nice basketball court outside and pool inside. It is located right in the middle of many restaurants and strip malls. There is even a Hometown Buffet right behind it. It is very accessible to the freeway (1/2 block away). Thanks Moises and my money is on the 49ers for the Super Bowl....Chris

Room Tip: Food, pool, and jacuzzi on the first floor. Laundry room is on the second floor. We stayed on the t...