“Solid Marriott Courtyard Quality” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #8 of 14 hotels in Palmdale
Los Angeles, CA
“Solid Marriott Courtyard Quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

This is a solid quality Marriott hotel.
Well located near the Antelope Valley mall with a lot of shopping and dining options.
Check-in was friendly and efficient.
The lobby is renovated and functional with a brasserie style cafe for breakfast and light meals.
The rooms were standard Courtyard rooms - very comfortable.

One cautionary note - this hotel gets very full and is often booked as are many of the hotels in Palmdale so I had to change hotels a couple of times.
Be sure to book early.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Bakersfield, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

The hotel is nice, but average.

The lobby is recently renovated and is exceptionally modern and fresh. The pool is a small indoor, not too deep pool which is nice for the windy Antelope Valley (and is nice in winter to enjoy). The courtyard has nice furniture and is quiet and relaxing. The gym has modern equipment and fresh, filtered water with weights.

That is, unfortunately, where the luxury stops. Once you get to your room, you see dated furniture screaming for an update. I remember staying here about 12 years ago and I am almost positive the furniture is the same stuff as it was then. While the bedding is obviously new (comfortable mattress and nice linens), the rest of the room feels old. I do like the large bathroom which is well kept and clean. I do want to point out that the rooms are well kept and clean, so the hotel isn’t dirty or uncomfortable. You can just see the outdated furnishings based on current style and the worn edges of the wooden pieces.

I had a king room with balcony and there are bird droppings covering the entire floor, lamp, air conditioner, and railing of the balcony. It was nasty and needs a good scrubbing. Also, the air conditioner is blocked by a piece of furniture that holds the microwave and fridge, so the back of the room doesn’t get to a desirable temperature during the day. Also, the filter for the unit was covered with dust, and there was excess moisture by the unit since it is being blocked.
Finally, a rogue hotel employee allowed their friends and family access to the pool, and it was crowded and unprofessional that they allowed that (this was during my August 19, 2012 stay). I saw them sneaking out the back dripping wet to their car. Obviously a guest staying here would clean up in their room!

Finally, the front desk staff is exceptional; very nice and genuinely friendly. This definitely makes a stay nicer as I had bad experiences at other hotel chains with poor service. All the Marriott brands in the AV have nice employees. So, in closing, a 3 star review isn’t bad—its average—and this hotel is average. Once it is updated, it will deserve a higher rating. I had a good stay and do recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Daniel L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Palmdale, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
I would like to thank you for your comments. We are always striving to improve and it's our guests comments that give us the best ideas in how to exceed expectations consistently. We would like to offer our sincerest apologies that the pool was used by individuals that were not guests. We are taking the necessary steps to correct the incident to ensure that it does not happen in the future. I would also like to thank you for your positive remarks about our staff and cleanliness. We hope to see you again in the future. Thank you again!
overland park ks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I was traveling with my wife and 20 month year old. we had been having a very difficult trip. Other hotels were rude and unaccommodating. The staff at this hotel was beyond nice. They go above and beyond. EVERYONE was polite and helpful. The room was clean and the facilities were great. IF we return to Palmdale we will definitely be staying there again. The beds were comfortable and my son felt at home. Thanks

Room Tip: top floor with balcony
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to comment and for the motivating compliments. We are pleased you and your family felt at home with us!. Thank you again.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We had been driving the San Andreas Fault and stopped for the evening in Palmdale so we could drive by the Skunkworks and pretend we know something about what goes on there. We could find no hotel in town that wasn't a bland chain style lodging, so we tried Marriott. The Residence Inn across the parking lot was full-up with aerospace types, so we were directed across the way to the Courtyard. Courteous youthful staff and the usual clean, consistent quality Marriott rooms. We amused ourselves in a town without much amusement by asking all the hotel staff and guests we met if they had ever seen a UFO. We got some very interesting answers, which elicited conversation between staff of what exactly they do when they're out late at night in the desert.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Great customer service from Stephanie at the front desk. We had multiple rooms and everyone was very satisfied. We would recommend this hotel highly for families traveling for local sporting tournaments or fun. The hotel was very nice, clean, secure and safe. The front desk service was by far the best service I have received at any Marriott property in the last six months. Stephanie definitely made my Father’s day by helping us out.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Yuma, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

This hotel was perfect for our mini vacation to Six Flags. Every single hotel staff I had encountered was very friendly and always had a smile and hello for me. Our room was very clean and spacious, not to mention the great Starbucks coffee downstairs.The location is awesome with so many choices of places to eat/drink. Weather your on buisness of pleasure I would have to give this place a 10 out of 10 from my personal experience. The young lady who was working the morning of Sunday the 27th really impressed me along with the darker complextion gentleman who was working later in the night..Very friendly !!!!! GREAT STAY..THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH !!!!!!!!

Room Tip: For a great sportbar/grill try the Yardhouse...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Wildwood, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

I travel for work all the time. My stay here in mid May 2012 was excellent. Every single employee I met was welcoming, helpful, and attentive. My food at the Bistro was great. They catered to my food quirks. One night I had noisy neighbors, but they calmed down by 10:00. I would have called the front desk otherwise. I highly recommend this hotel for the working professional. I particularly appreciated the fitness center with equipment that works. So many hotels do not service their equipment.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Palmdale? Share your experiences!