“Pleasure in Palmdale” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Pleasure in Palmdale”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This was an excellent hotel. Very clean and staff as friendly as they could be. We were surprised by the very nice complementary evening meal, and way above average complementary breakfast.

I did not notice on the website, there was a $75 pet fee. Far too much for our small (10#) dog., So, I was disappointed about that. But if you don't have a pet you will enjoy this property, and the meals make it a very good value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
StayBridgePalmdale, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Palmdale, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that our hotel exceeded your expectations. We hope you see you again soon!

-Tony Zilobaf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Stayed in a studio suite for a week on business. Room was nice and clean. The kitchenette was a little cramped and didn't have a stove, but everything else was functional. The bed was very comfortable.

Had some problems with the signal strength of their wireless network, but the wall jack worked just fine.

The breakfasts were great. Good variety with a lot of options and a lot of hot food. The complimentary dinners during the week were a helpful touch. They weren't fancy, but it's nice not to have to leave the hotel to get dinner.

Overall, I'd stay here again, but I'd feel a lot better about it if it wasn't paying so much (or if I was staying on someone else's dime.)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I apologize for the signal strength of our wireless connection. We are happy to inform you that we recently upgraded our internet services and hope that you will stay with us again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I bedroom suite was very comfortable. Slept very well on the medium firm bed, extra pillows were nice. Bathroom was clean and well stocked with thick towels. Sitting area was comfortable with larger than expected flat screen tv. Kitchette had a bar with comfortable chairs and was fully stocked with full size fridge, stove, cooking utencils and dishes ( we didn't use them on our short stay, but nice if we were their longer). Overall, new, clean, no weird smells and friendly staff. Breakfast was the best I've had on travel at a hotel. Even the dining area was spacious, fireplace, and offered a great view of the landscaped pool area. Very happy with our stay and will seek this chain for future travels.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for such a detailed review! I am pleased to see that you enjoyed the accommodations and will be back to stay with us again!

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

The hotel was very nice and the staff was very helpful and friendlly. Whatever we needed they helped us with no questions asked. When we arrived the phone in our room didn't work. After several attempts and the general manager comining to our room with apologies the problem was fixed. I feel they have top rated service. We will definately stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and will be coming back again. Hope to see you soon!

Cornelius, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Overall our stay at this facility was very good. Friendly staff, clean rooms and an excellent breakfast. However, upon our return home, we discovered that the $25.00 "incidental" fee was left on our final charges. When my husband called he was informed that the $25.00 fee was kept for 10 hangers that were missing from the room. Missing? Where was I going to stuff 10 hangers as we had two small suitcases and were flying back home across the country?!!!! We were advised to call the manager the following day. I called the manager today and stated that I didn't use the hangers and couldn't possibly have stolen 10 hangers!!! Begrudgingly, they agreed to credit our account. The manager sounded exasperated...I don't think this is the first time she's had this conversation! Just count the hangers when you arrive....and avoid any of this nonsense!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
StayBridgePalmdale, Manager at Staybridge Suites Palmdale, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you for providing us with such a detailed review of your stay. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall and would like to apologize for the mix up you described. We hope you will stay with us on your future visits to the area.

-Staff of Stay Bridge Suites Palmdale
Grand Junction, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

My wife had just got out of the hospital after surgery in an out of our state hospital. We didn't know when she would be getting out so we had no reservations. I went to the desk and told Kathy my problem. She gave me a key card to a room to make sure that the handicapped room would fit our problem before checking in. The room was fine and well equipped for a handicapped person. During our week at the Staybridge I found all the staff to be pleasant and helpful. The food court people were nice and had the food well stocked at all times. I left an Item in the dining area. Kathy saw I had been sitting in that area and got the item returned to me. Top to bottom the staff wanted to make our stay pleasant, and it was.

Room Tip: . The handicapped room had motion sensor lights very handy in an unfamiliar room
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
StayBridgePalmdale, Manager at Staybridge Suites Palmdale, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Thank you for your comment regarding your reservation with us. We couldn't be happier that your stay was enjoyable and hope to see you again for all your future reservations!

-Staff of Stay Bridge Suites Palmdale
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

I booked this room 2 months in advance based upon high ratings from other travelers. And while their reviews may in fact reflect the condition of the hotel I can only assume that they actually got to stay there. When I checked in (or attempted to check in) after a very long day of travel the clerk (Michael) said that they had no more reservations for that day and insisted that we did not have a reservation. Upon showing him the confirmation (that included a late arrival guarantee) he then said that we must have cancelled -- again totally wrong. We push harder and then he "fessed up" that our reservation was moved the the MUCH older and lesser sister property of the Holiday Inn. They offered no explanation whatsoever as to why.

We went over to the Holiday Inn and all they had to offer was two free drink coupons (mind you that we checked in at 11:30 PM) but the bar closed at 10:00 PM and the coupons were only valid on the day of issue. The clerk at the Holiday Inn confessed that we were likely moved because we were only staying for one night -- seems this is a common practice since both properties are run by the same General Manager.

I suppose that if you were one of the lucky ones who had their reservation honored you would give the place a solid rating (and this has been my experience with other Staybridge Hotels) but the management of the Palmdale Staybridge demonstrates all that is wrong in the hospitality industry.

I fully expect that the hotel response will be something to the effect like PalmdaleMike, Manager at Staybridge Suites Palmdale had stated in two other very similar instances -- "I sincerely apologize" ... blah blah blah ... and "My staff and I would very much like to be your choice of hotel in the furture and do hope you will consider giving us another chance".

Why do you deserve another chance? You could not honor what was your prior commitment so why do I think you will honor it in the future. Empty promises hold no value.

Room Tip: Have a back up plan -- the sister property Holiday Inn is a old and greatly in need of refurbishment...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Palmdale, responded to this review, April 21, 2012
Bill G,

Ben J
IHG Care

Been to Staybridge Suites Palmdale? Share your experiences!