“Just had some drinks here” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tropicale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 271 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Encilia
Spokane, Washington
“Just had some drinks here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

But the staff was great, the drinks were worth the price (not watered down). I would definitely recommend if you are just going to have some cocktails and it's very close. Found it by accident the second time I went there.

Visited July 2013

Los Angeles, California
“Hip and Cool Retro Palm Springs Vibe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The ambience, although modern has a groovy, old school Palm Springs feel to it. Great vibe, excellent food, good fun crowd and attentive, helpful service, What more could you ask for? Their specialty is a fried chicken salad and I was leery, but it was awesome!!! Also, nice variety of specialty drinks, which were tasty. Loved it!!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, CA
“Great Service - Lots of Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We arrived 8 p.m. on Saturday night with no reservation and it was PACKED. I was sure we were going to have to sit at the bar or not at all. However the staff could not have been nicer. They found us a table for 2 right away, martinis to follow and diner was lovely. Great service, great food. And the crowd was really fun. If you want a nice dinner and great cocktails while in Palm Springs - go here.

Visited July 2013
“Interesting place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Celebrated my daughter's 18th birthday here with the family. I had read lots of locals go here and the atmosphere and food were pretty good. All three were true. The atmosphere is upscale and has a nice ambience, both inside and outside dining were good options. We had 4 plates. I'd say 1 was excellent and the other 3 were pretty good. Some of the creative sauces were off the mark. Be aware portions were very large, my daughter's spaghetti w/giant meatballs could have easily fed 3 of us, so you might save a little by sharing. A couple of things I didn't like: I mentioned to the waitress it's my daughter's birthday. I've done this at least 50 times throughout my life for different family members, and we always get a free scoop of ice cream or something. Well, we got our scoop with a little candle, and then an $8 charge on our bill. I never ordered it or approved paying $8. If you're going to charge, at lest ask if the kid even likes that flavor! I though that was tacky. Second, I have nothing against gay people, but 90% of this place was filled with GAY MEN couples. My kids were a little freaked out with all the man on man touching and I was a little uncomfortable as well. I'd feel the same if it was all straight couples everywhere holding hands and kissing etc. It's a dinner place, so I didn't get it. My wife said "You brought us to a gay bar!" :)

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Has it all!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This place has a great outside bar and patio. The inside bar area is awesome and you can listen to piano on certain nights. The food is great. If you want to be seated for dinner, the ambience is outstanding. The tables are semi-private with high back semi circle leather backs.

Visited June 2013