“Lovely Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Lovely Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Currently staying at the Vagabond Inn, Palm Springs, a lovely hotel, very clean, and quiet, pool area is spotless, pool is crystal clear and the hot spa pool is gorgeous, the area the hotel is situated in is very quiet yet close to all the amenities, staff have been very courteous and helpful, WIFI is free which I believe should be the case in all hotels.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

i spent a wonderful week at the vagabond inn palm springs. The hotel was very clean, staff was helpful with anything you might need. The rates were perfect for my budget, i will be coming back to this hotel on my next vacation to palm springs!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Anaheim, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed here for the first time on a whim, because it was a busy weekend and no other hotels had rooms available...this is our go-to hotel now! Last summer my boyfriend and I stayed here pretty much every other weekend, and now since summer is starting we are staying more often again. The staff is very friendly and bends over backwards to accomodate their guests and makes them feel welcome. They got to recognize me from being in there so often and made me feel like they appreciated me choosing their hotel. The front desk staff are very pleasant. The rooms are always simple yet clean, and anytime I need to request something from the front desk they help me with no problems. They take care of us every time we're there and we plan to keep staying here for years to come!

I'd be willing to bet I've stayed in more motels and budget hotels than most people writing reviews here, and I have NOTHING but good things to say about this place. If you want to complain about a ding in the furniture or a little stain in the carpet, go pay three times more at the Hyatt.

Room Tip: 3rd floor has the best view. Also if you need wifi request to be near the front!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Carlsbad, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

This place was a perfect end to our trip. We spent 2 nights here before flying back home, and enjoyed it very much.

LOCATION WAS PERFECT! They had the best rate in town, and it included FREE CONTINTAL BREAKFAST AND FREE WIFI!! Walking distance to food. It's 5 minues to Downtown Palm Springs so we saw a few bums walking around, but we felt safe enought to walk around the day and night, and the hotel itself was secure.

Room had pretty much everything you needed, and very well kept, and very CLEAN everyday. The bathroom was spacious, and clean as well.

THE STAFF WAS VERY FRIENDLY! Also the maids didn't speak too much english, but they got their done. The front desk was very helpful. Front Desk helped us plan our 2 night stay, where to go, and what to eat, and what to see.

OVERALL BEST VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY, for sure! Vagabond Inn is a franchise in California so they have sertain standards they have to keep, and the hotel dfinitely exceeds them. Friendly staff, super clean rooms, and perfect location.... I would definitely recommend this to my friends and family!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Like others that have posted reviews, I'm surprised at the negative ones. I stay here every other week, because of my business. I've stayed during every season of the year. During the summer, yes there are bugs around, but never have I had an infested room. Yes, there is a humming noise from the trees, they're called Cicadas (look them up). I've traveled a lot, and have seen roaches associated with filth and a dirty environment, but not at the Vagabond. There are however, these huge roach-looking bugs called Palmetto Bugs. Those too are all over the valley, and have absolutely nothing to do with uncleanliness. I've even asked pest control people and they've said the same. If one has gotten in your room, because of the door being open a while...that doesn't mean the hotel is filthy.
It's a shame people nowadays look for anything to complain about to get a refund. If this hotel was a rundown hole in the wall infested with roaches, I sure wouldn't be staying there. But it's not, and I along with all of the other regulars I see on a week to week basis, would tell you the same. This Vagabond doesn't deserve slander on the internet. These are good people that will go out of their way to make your stay a good one.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

It was the first time that my family stayed at vagabond inn.
And we had the most terrible and scaring and worst night for our whole life.
Big nasty roaches on the bed and on the ceiling....
My husband killed some...uuuu gross...
We were very careful for our son not to know about huge bugs?(?) and dirty.
When I told our problems to the front receptionist , she just said that she couldn't believe it.

And wi-fi was disconnected again and again and again...
We should do many things on the internet but did nothing.
We could catch the BW inn's wi-fi easily rather than vagabond even though we didn't know its connection password so didn't use its wireless internet.
We had a day and night without internet and wi-fi.
This was a new and first experience in my life in America.

We trusted the tripadvisor's reviews fully and it was the really our fatal mistake.
I wish that my review would be helpful to other people.

Room Tip: Noisy in front of swimming pool. Listen to the next door's talking cause of thin wall.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Indio, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I have read some of the other reviews and do not agree with some of the negative ones. I recently stayed at this hotel and to my surprise it was more than what I had initially anticipated. Usually hotels that have fair prices are not the greatest in service, however, that was not the case here at all. The price was fair and yet the staff was absolutely amazing! The breakfast spread is a great touch, more than you see at other fairly priced hotels and the employee at the coffee shop, Lucy, was so nice and helpful. The pool was nice and refreshing, not too overcrowded. Overall the stay was enjoyed and I would definitely recommend it to all of my friends and colleagues. Oh and the so called "electric sound" as previously mentioned in another review, is simply the cicadas, which are quite normal for the desert. Interesting creatures they are. We cannot choose when they come and go and where they go.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Vagabond Inn Palm Springs? Share your experiences!