“Wake up someone!” 1 of 5 stars

Cross street: Sunny Dunes
Halifax, Canada
“Wake up someone!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We used to go to Roscoe's, very nice, and saw that it had changed hands to Pete's Hideaway. Also there have been some very mixed reviews. On a late night (it says food served until 11) we decided to see what's up at 10 pm……no greeting as we came in, we seated ourselves in a booth, the bar was full of true late night bar-types, a bit disconcerting. There were several guys standing around yakking with customers. Time went by, no menus, no greeting, no nothing, we were centrally located. Waited and waited and…..got up and left. I cannot remember doing this before anywhere for this kind of reason. We could not figure out the rudeness. As if we didn't exist.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

76% Recommend
Newark, New Jersey
“Solid Performance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I have eaten here several times and it is very consistent and fairly priced. It is not a special occasion place, but very nice for an "I don't want to cook" night or a casual meet-up with a friend. The menu is diverse. They will prepare items to meet dietary restrictions where possible. When no place seems to fit, this is the place to go where everyone will leave satisfied.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oakland, California
“Changed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Now named Pete's Hideaway. New owner with same pleasant atmosphere; however, the food and service dosen't compare to the high standards that Roscoes was. It was a very disappointing meal.

La Quinta, California
“Don't Go”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I just ate their for about the 30th time in the last couple of years and it used to be good. However, as of October 15th there is a new ownership and let me tell you the place was a cluster----. The service was horrendous, the management has no clue what they are doing, the old wait staff seems irritated and pissed off, I had to ask three times where my waiter was as I watched people who came after me their order taken, The new owners after introducing themselves when i walked in walked by me and my girl just sitting there three times and did not even look my way. The food came out cold but i was so irritated at this point I did not even bother to send it back as I wanted to leave. Note to new ownership: Wake up and get a clue on how to show hospitality instead of socializing with all of your friends at the bar and ignoring what could have been faithful dedicated customers. My prediction is you won't make it through next summer. It's like you woke up yesterday and said "Let's open a restaurant" and it showed.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Hoodsport WA, USA
“Best Value Steaks In Palm Springs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Steak and martinis are a Palm Springs food classic. The Roscoe Grill is one of the best value steakhouses in Palm Springs. They have great three course specials, attentive service and a fun atmosphere.

Don't go to an overated chain or local boutique steakhouse and pay twice as much for a great Palm Springs steak than you have to. I visit PS 3 times a year or so and this is my go to steakhouse.

• Visited September 2013