“Rude, Hostile, Mr. Raval” 1 of 5 stars

Royal Sun Inn
2.0 of 5 Inn   |   1700 South Palm Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, CA 92264   |
Ranked #23 of 28 Palm Springs B&B and Inns
Nevada City
“Rude, Hostile, Mr. Raval”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have stayed at this Inn 3 times. We booked our last time thru an online site requesting a double Queen room on the top floor. On our third time back we were given a top floor room with 2 Queens. Mr. Ravel , the manager moved us the next day to bottom floor UNDER the stairs with a King. He stated he received only $35.00 for the room from the site we booked thru. He signed a contract with this booking site! What bothered us the most was Mr. Raval's imperious attitude. He made us feel like second-class citizens. His behavior was punitive. He gave us the opposite of what we requested , almost in retaliation. We will book else where next time. The owner needs to take notice of the comments. Our ratings are based on Mr. Ravel, only.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
royalsuninn, Webmaster at Royal Sun Inn, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with the Royal Sun Inn.

We also appreciate the effort you have taken to give us review and we take them quite seriously towards improvement.

Our sincere for the inconvenience you had whatsoever and howsoever unlikely it can be.

The entire issue related to the allocating of the room has been investigated. Appropriate steps have been taken and this will never happen again.

Management has received extra training as to their responsibility to ensure that all guest are handled in the best possible manner and also to maintain an enduring hospitality

We are responding after taking honest efforts and not just to defend ourselves.

Once again please stay with us and experience the difference!

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stayed here because a friend was here. We were given a rate that the very nasty manager and other front desk people applied to only our first night stay. We had done a lot of traveling and when we checked in, they immediately had us sign our bill. The first rate we saw was the one agreed to. Upon checkout, we noticed the rate for the next two nights was higher. The manager claimed the rate fluctuates from day to day! This place is run by unscrupulous and predatory people.
If

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Royal Sun Inn and staying with us during your recent visit.

We appreciate your review and take your observations quite seriously to improve our guest services.

Appropriate steps have been taken that such an unlikely incidence never occurs again.

The Manager and front desk staff have been really put to task to attend each of your point of observation.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Royal Sun Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Palm Springs
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I set up the booking thru the Kayak app on my phone. I arrived at the Hotel at 1100pm.
The Employee at the desk was not friendly, and slow - He said, “We don’t rent out rooms to locals usually, will have to do something about that”. I informed him I was in the process of moving and between places is the reason why I rented the room. They Charged a 50.00 Deposit on my room to my Credit Card which is not mentioned in the App ad. He Ran my information and 25min later, I was given the key. Arrived at my room, unpacked my bags/clothes and ran to the store for some morning pastries.
When I return the Room Key does not work... - locked out. I walk town to the office to inform them and am told, "We have a problem" ... it seems that my reservation was for one the next day and I had arrived a day early ...this is at 12:30am. I said this is a mistake and started calling EASY CLICK TRAVEL IN FL., my choice thru Kayak, buy of course they were closed. My Cell reception was very poor so I could not pull up my paperwork on my phone. I WAS THEN INFORMED THAT MY STUFF WAS MOVED OUT OF THE ROOM AND IN LOCKED UP. "Why didn’t you call me on my cell"!!!! No reply from the Employee - I was Livid and very upset by then... I could have the room but at the rate of 175.00 for one night... I paid 50.00 for the reservation from Kayak so I said no I won’t pay that. My credit card has not been refunded yet and the security deposit has not been reversed.

I ended up getting a room at "The Curve" next door... they were nice - friendly and I paid less then over at the Royal Sun Inn... THEY ARE THE WORSE!

Room Tip: Royal Pain in the ... Management is rude and disrespectful - SAVE YOUR TIME CALL THE CURVE HOTEL i...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Royal Sun Inn during your last visit to our area.

We appreciate the review and we take it quite seriously- for improvement.

At the outset, our apologies for the bad experience you had howsoever.

We have taken all steps necessary to avoid such unpleasant incidence and shall see that it is never happen in future.

We assure you and request you to consider staying with us in future and have a new satisfactory experience.

Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We went to the RSI because all the other hotels where fully booked due to the Canadians . . . and the Modernism week . . .
The hotel is kind of ok but it got stuck somewhere in the 80's
The rooms are clean and size wise ok
The only problem in this hotel is the Manager (if he deserves this title . . . it's more a disgrace to the real ones ;-).
He recently threw people out of the RSI in a real cruel way. . . (you can read that below but the guests are still talking about it)
Saying hello is to much and he only smiles when he is making your invoice . . . .
I hope that the owners of the hotel finally start reading these comments and take it serious !
The breakfast girls just say no when you ask something to refill and that when you return to the breakfast area 5 minutes later . . . it's on the plates . . . stubborn or just don't like to work . . .
And the breakfast area can seat . . . 12 (3 tables) . . . if the other people want to share theirs . . . most of the people are returning to their room to have breakfast over there
So this is definitely the last time I spend my money in this place . . .
Normally we where staying 3 nights longer but I cancelled these days since the rates where also changed to $ 139.00 . . . what is about $ 60.00 to much for this hotel.
You better try the Hyatt (I just called them and their rates are $ 105.00)
Also . . . and I don't have any problems with it . . . but the most people here are about 70 . . . so for having fun . . . you might try another hotel as well . . .
So now you know a little bit more what can happen to you . . .
Spend you money wisely is all I can say.

If you give it a shot . . . good luck !

BTW : the star in or of the hotel is as mentioned in a previous comment Mr and I say it again Mr Art.

Luckily they have him in this hotel and actually he is more the Manager for me than the official one . . .

Art knows who to threat people in the correct way and in a respectful way !

Art thanks for all the things you did . . . for us . . and the other guests in the hotel ! ! !

You are the stars of this hotel !

Thanks my friend

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Royal Sun Inn for your recent stay in our area.

We appreciate and thank you for your review, which we take seriously towards further improvement.

Please note that based on your review we have taken the following steps.

Management and Catering Staff has received extra training as to their responsibility to ensure that all guest request are handled in the best possible manner and also to maintain an enduring hospitality.

I am sure that the next time you visit our area you will once again choose to stay at our hotel and feel the difference.

White Plains, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Lower quality motel removed from the downtown area and several blocks from the nearest bus stop. Poor quality breakfast; the free breakfast is limited to toast, bagels, cream cheese, oranges, coffee, orange juice. The person preparing breakfast speaks little English, and had no idea how to cook with a microwave oven; she collected $5 for a "complete" breakfast, 2 overcooked microwave eggs & sausage and pork and beans which were barely edible. The toilet in the room did not flush clean. Swimming pool accumulated debris on bottom which was not cleaned. Swimming pool temperature was cool for the cold weather in Palm Springs Christmas 2012. Hot tub was warm. Convenient laundry/dryer room for guests. The manager at front desk is apparently the owner, and impossible to deal with. He deals with complaints by forcing the complaining guest(s) to leave his motel (on more than one occasion). There is no front desk staffing from 11:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m. Rooms were average, spot cleaned; bed sheets and towels and carpeting badly worn. Lower nightly rate for high-season Palm Springs compared with other motels, but location is not practical without a car. I spotted non-guests hanging around the property at night, making me uncomfortable. If you are not visiting for an enjoyable and relaxing time on the grounds/swimming pool, and must have the least expensive place to stay, it may do for one or two nights, but keep your doors (room & patio) securely locked at all times and watch your clothes in the laundry room. And beware of the front desk staff/owner who is not friendly or helpful who will demand you leave if you complain.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
royalsuninn, Webmaster at Royal Sun Inn, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Royal Sun Inn for your recent stay in our area.

We also thank you for giving us a review and it is very much appreciated. This will contribute a long way to ensure that your experience however is never repeated.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

The hotel staff has received additional training in making effective communication with our guests and to ensure that they feel welcome and wanted.

Housekeeping received additional training in properly check and confirm the cleanliness of the rooms before having it released for new occupants. Also security factors have been improved.

The catering staffs have been instructed to confirm the quality and quantity of the stuff and the breakfast has been improved.

We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased. We request you next time you visit our area, once again choose to stay at our hotel and experience a new hospitality.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

As a mature couple, we have stayed at numerous hotels in the U.S. & Eastern & Western Europe. The Royal Sun is an average, pleasant place & we have returned numerous times in the past years. We dealt with a man called Art & looked forward to meeting him again this winter. When we arrived this Jan. a grumpy man rudely registered us. We were quite stunned but decided to ignore his nasty attitude & enjoy our stay.We had rented the best suite for 7 days at a premium price. At our age we were willing to splurge to take advantage of every aspect of our week in Palm Springs. The weather cooperated and the room was OK. At 10:45 AM, On the 6th day of our stay we received a room call fron the NASTY MANAGER yelling, ." You must leave your room & take a regular room. I have a customer for your room." I explained that we were on the way outfor a day of tours and were not in the mood of packing & unpacking into another room for our last day of vacation. He said fine, stay in your room--but you cannot come back to this hotel next year. We were shocked at his intimidation My husband went to the front desk to try to reason with him to no avail. The NASTY MANAGER admitted that he made a mistake but too bad you are no longer welcome here. We didn't want to stay another moment, quickly packed since checkout is at 12Noon (we were given one hour notice) and left. In all our stays at many places even in third world or communist countries we never met such dishonorable person. Since then we heard that he's done this to numerous guests. What a shame...A decent hotel with a horrid manager ruining the atmosphere throughtout our stay & giving us a lousy grand finale. Please note----Anyone staying at the Royal Sun is staying at their own risk, no matter how 'nice' the hotel may seem.

Room Tip: stay away, rooms are ok but atmosphere is horrible
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Royal Sun Inn during your recent visit to our area.

We thank you for your review and regret the incidence and our apologies howsoever.

At the same time we apologize on behalf of the front desk manager for any unruly behavior
and assure that it will never happen again.

We have given additional training to the hotel staff and reception managers to ensure that their requests are promptly taken care of and they always feel welcome and wanted. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will appreciate it.

During your next visit to our place please consider our hotel once again and experience a new hospitality.

Hotel Manager.

Been to Royal Sun Inn? Share your experiences!