“Our Destination Wedding!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Colony Palms Hotel

You added Colony Palms Hotel to your Saves list
Colony Palms Hotel
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   572 North Indian Cyn., Palm Springs, CA 92262 (Formerly the Palms at Palms Springs)   |
Ranked #27 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
Los Angeles, CA
“Our Destination Wedding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

The Colony Palms Resort was one of the best experiences of our lives. Every detail was handled with perfection.

What an amazing time to have all our friends and family having fun in the pool and the lovely grounds. The Mountain views are some of the best in Palm Springs. The food at the Purple Palm is spectacular. Everyone of our guests cannot say enough great things about it. If you're planning a weekend get away or an event...this is the place to do it.

We checked out quite a few other locations and the configuration of the space as well as all the details and luxury of the hotel make this the perfect spot. The prices are reasonable especially for the luxury and service.

It's an excellent destination to get away, to party, and to just relax.

The staff, including the exceptional Samantha D'Orazio, made sure every detail was managed.

I cannot say enough!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2009

My husband and I stayed with our two young sons at the Colony Palms in late May. The hotel and the grounds are lovely. We were upgraded to a gorgeous suite with a patio on the back. Front desk staff could not have been nicer to us. The hotel has a great location - easy walking distance to some great restaurants, including Cheeky's across the street, which was outstanding.

There is also a great pool with pool service. The only bummer was the pool scene. Mostly people in their 20s and 30s enjoying the incessant ambient music and drink service who had clearly parked there for the day ...and seemed annoyed to see two children approaching the pool. Even my son remarked that the people around the pool were giving him the "hairy eyeball." Even if we had wanted to hang out

Another small detraction was that the maid service and room service were not great. We had maid service but they would, for instance, leave only one washcloth. Also, we were thinking of ordering room service but there were no menus. I had to track one down in the restaurant. As a result, we ended up eating out even for breakfast. We had one lunch at the restaurant (called, I think, the Purple Palm). Right next to the pool, so a great setting, but mediocre food.

Regardless, the price was great, and the setting itself was really appealing. For a different demographic, it would be a great hotel. But if you are traveling with kids, maybe you would feel more welcome elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Los Angeles CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2009

This was my 5th or 6th trip to the Colony Palms. I'll never stay anywhere else in Palm Springs. Everything about the hotel is great. I've come with friends and girlfriends before but this time I came out solo for some much needed R&R. The hotel was perfect.

From the moment I walked in, I started to unwind. The way the hotel is set up, as soon as you walk in, you forget that there's anything else outside. The whole place is beautifully landscaped and very tranquil. I was lucky enough to have reserved a Casita, and I highly recommend this. I came out to do some work and some writing, and the hotel quickly obliged my request for a desk in the room.

The Casitas are beautiful rooms with their own private outdoor patio guarded by high walls containing an outdoor jacuzzi. It's a great way to relax at night under the stars, and there's enough space out there to lay out in the sun during the day if you're not interested in being around people.

The hotel pool is lovely. There's a large hot tub nearby and a massive day bed for sunning. The poolside service is polite and readily available.

The hotel recently opened their spa, which I didn't have an opportunity to try out, but I did walk through and it's lovely. They also have a small fitness center which is great if you're a gym rat who doesn't want to brave the intense Palm Springs heat for a run.

I stayed for two nights and had two lunches and two dinners at the Purple Palm. I've eaten there may times at this point and the food is always great. Eating in their outdoor section in the evening next to the pool is really great. The place just looks amazing at night.

As you can tell, I'm a big fan of the hotel, and I'm certain you will be too.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
WEST HOLLYWOOD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2009

I loved this hotel until I left and realized I left clothing in the closet. I left a REALLY expensive outfit in my closet. Yes, my mistake, but I never expected that a nice little boutique hotel like this would not return/report my belongings.
I called and asked for help for a week to no avail.. Finally I got a hold of the manager who was totally apathetic and claimed "Mexican maids would not know the value of your clothing!". Wow!
My clothes were never returned. I never got an apology or an attempt to make up for the loss . . . nothing!
The hotel is very cute. The food was good. I found it very sad my experience was ruined in this way.
Rachael, West Hollywood, CA

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

I posted a review about my stay at the Riviera in Palm Springs. My girlfriend and I stayed at the Riviera for one night and then moved (planned) move to the CP for another night. The rate was 99.00 over Memorial Day weekend, and we figured why not!? I had never been to PS before, but my friend lives in L.A. and frequents PS. She and her boyfriend have stayed at the CP before, and, with such a great rate, she recommended it.

The CP scene was much more my speed as opposed to the Riviera. It definitely has the boutique hotel vibe. The staff is very friendly and the whole hotel has an intimate feeling. The pool, in my opinion, is why you would stay at the CP. It is very clean, VERY relaxing, but still busy. There were plenty of people out there enjoying the sun so it didn't feel desolate, but was NOT Spring Break. It was lively and fun without feeling cheesy. The atmosphere truly conjures up an early Palm Springs, pre mid-century Modern. It is more of a 40s decor with striped awning and a mirror backed bar. You can see the mountains while you lounge. We enjoyed WAY too many of the delicious lavender infused mojitos. The pool service is truly OK. We definitely were not waited on hand and foot, but for 99.00, we would not expect this. My friend and I truly enjoyed reading mags, resting, taking a dip and having another drink against a beautiful and relaxing backdrop.

Our room is nothing to write home about. Ours was clean and "fine." Again, 99.00. Other guests said the casitas were very pretty. We were on the second story and our porch was worse for the wear. It needed a little upkeep. However, we were too distracted by the very lush and pretty landscaping all over the grounds. Our view from the balcony was cute....the courtyard, bar, mountains and tropical grounds.

We ate dinner at the Purple Palm. The service was definitely dicey and was pretty pricey. Again, the food was decent, but the cocktails and evening pool scene were better!

I would recommend the CP for those who focus on enjoying the pool in a more relaxed, chill atmosphere.

Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2009

This hotel was recomended to me by a friend.What can i say! Perfect in everyway.
From the moment i arrived i was welcomed by the lovely staff at the front desk.
The rooms are great and spacious.The pool is fantastic the waiters are always looking after you. My girlfriend and myself chilled out completly and did not want to leave.
The food was unbelievable. a very very good chef. im definetly going to tell all about this hotel. fantastic value. I will be back,as much as i can.Starting october! Thanks coloney palms for a great experience.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Ill.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

Went there for a weekend to do nothing. Loved this hotel. Will go back for sure. Booked a casita taking advantage of the 25% off rate on their website. Think the total per night was $275.00 Very fairly priced at this level. Hotel is typical older spanish architecture but very well preserved and renovated. Comfortable beds and very nice linens. Very nice bathroom. Outdoor jacuzzi in these rooms is just a bathtub with jets- not inviting- but the private patio was nice. The service was 5 star.

Poolside was great. Waiter service with full menu which is something you don't find at a boutique hotel. The on site restaurant is a must. Prices are cheap, but food is way above average. Actually a very nice drinks/bar scene. Outside at night they project classic movies on the side of the building so everyone outside can grab a lounge chair and enjoy the film with you cocktails.

Only downside is locals are invited to come and enjoy the pool so you may be competing with them for lounge chairs. We didn't have issues, there I could see where it might become problematic.

Our traveling companions utilized the spa/message and were pleased.

I will return here for sure. Liked it way better than VICEROY and PARKER.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple