“Returned after many years” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Palm Springs East

You added Motel 6 Palm Springs East to your Saves list
Motel 6 Palm Springs East
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   595 East Palm Canyon Drive, State Route 111 at East Palm Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, CA 92264   |
Ranked #54 of 70 Hotels in Palm Springs
Costa Mesa, CA
“Returned after many years”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I used to come here all the time in my partying days. Came back for a Christmas vacation stopover. They still haven't painted the doors to the rooms (institutional green) but the value you get here is good. The room was clean, the bathroom was updated, and the front desk staff (Walter and Ahmad) were very upbeat and helpful. Got a room by the pool (the place was deserted and I knew nobody would be swimming in 55 degree weather) and it was very quiet. Good coffee in th AM. Primary reason I stay here is that dogs are allowed with no fee.

Nothing fancy, just a clean room at a fair price. The grounds are maintained well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

GM is rude, checked into a dirty room bed wasn't even made. Then charged an extra room night to my credit card, when I called to have it reversed I was told I was making it up and didn't know what I was talking about. I faxed them a copy of my credit card statement I received a call from a Stewart Walter who was blatantly rude and obviously had no guest relations experience at all. I was then yelled at for not knowing what I was talking about and he refused to reverse the charge and gave me a bs reason why he didn't have to and said he was gonna leave it up to his GM to deal with, cause he was tired of talking in circles with me. Poor customer service, terrible guest relations, Staff has inadequate training, rooms are dirty and outdated. I understand its a motel 6 but they should show good hospitality at the least.

• Stayed October 2012
Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This place is very inexpensive. The rooms are small and the bed spreads are old fashioned in appearance. Does this sound enticing? Nevertheless the room was remarkably clean and quiet. The bath rooms have been renovated and are clean. Looking for a free breakfast? Nope, you won't get this either. But if you want to save a buck, this is the place for you. And guess what? This place is only a short drive from downtown Palm Springs!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

This hotel is around "the bend", for those of you familiar with that southern turn beyond the downtown area.
Cons: some of the folks staying there are definitely puzzling: a couple sitting in their car ALL DAY on a hundred degree day; an upstairs man giving me the most malevolent look of my life when I pulled in my second afternoon; and an affable man with a cute little dog, that I didn't realize was dealing drugs out of his hotel room until I saw how many people were cutting across the grass area to "visit" his room.
Pros: other folks I met were really nice, friendly, and normal.
The grounds are green, green, green and the pool is large. The shade of the palm trees is perfect for cooling off and reading a book. My best memories were of doing just that with my dogs.
The neighborhood is just beautiful - an early morning cut across the street will bring you into a high income area with a mix of bed and breakfasts and the Palm Springs well-healed (without being ostentatiously healed). There are SO MANY cute little hotels and convenient shopping centers about a mile down the road.
Though I don't see myself returning, it's not out of the question because I liked the staff a lot and will just focus on the good memories . . . but I did want you to know about some of the regulars (?) who stay there so that if that is an issue for you, you can look elsewhere.

Room Tip: You'll feel safer if you ask for a room by the front desk.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Powell River, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

This was our first Motel 6 experience. Everywhere else that was affordable was booked solid as it was a special event weekend. The price was reasonable and they would take the poodle, so we took the room. The first one we went into reeked of smoke, even though no smoking is permitted. We moved to a different room that smelled better. The rooms themselves are very tiny and cramped. The shower stall was tiny too. It got very noisy at night, when guests came home from the bars. However, the management dealt with that very efficiently and quickly, and soon all was peacefull again. The rooms are clean, though, and the property well maintained in a basic plastic kind of way. The staff here are great though. The people we dealt with (housekeeper, front desk and maintenance) all went out of their way to be be helpful and accomodating

Room Tip: over the pool, not over the parking lot is probably quieter, even though closer to the road.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Augusta, ME
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Good, quiet budget accommodation in a very expensive area. Not too far from a local market which is an alternative to the very overpriced restaurants in Palm Springs. Convenient to major streets leading to Interstate 10.

Room Tip: Avoid downtown Palm Springs during the late afternoon and early evening. Allot of traffic and horre...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Kelowna, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

We needed a place to stay in between our other long term reservations while we were in Palm Springs. Motel 6's are not usually our first choice, but I must say this one is different. The staff is extremely helpful and obliging and the manager lives on site. The gounds are spacious, clean, and the pool area is very inviting. Our little dog was welcome and at no charge. Our only complaint was the bed. My wife found it quite uncomfortable.
If you need a reasonable, clean, friendly place to stay in Palm Springs, then this may be your answer.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Palm Springs East? Share your experiences!