“Perfect Getaway!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
Los Angeles, California
“Perfect Getaway!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

My husband and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary in February 2014. From the moment we pulled up to the moment we left the staff took such good care of us. We were greeted by Sean Najarro who was the Front Office Manager and he gave us 2 glasses of champagne. He then gave us a few more pours to celebrate our anniversary. He made sure we got the room category we wanted and our room was ready pretty quickly. He also delivered a nice fruit tray with some waters...so nice. We did utilize the spa for a couples' massage which was excellent! We felt so relaxed and pampered. We loved our room, however, my husband wasn't that fond of the shower, but overall VERY well appointed and clean. We loved the cute little bar too at the hotel. We had great drinks and loved chatting with other friendly hotel guests traveling from London. We also had breakfast at the restaurant before we left the next morning...also excellent. Overall best Palm Springs getaway and I can't wait to go back. I found my secret little spot in Palm Springs and I don't think I could stay anywhere else : )

Room Tip: Ask for firmer pillows if you don't like them too soft. I am sure they have some other options.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

The Viceroy makes you feel like an exclusive guest in a private resort. The staff is so welcoming and kind...from the 3 gorgeous pools to the attentive staff and the gardeners who keep the hotel looking like desert perfection ! It's like a home away from home, you won't want to leave. A special thanks to Manny at the pool and Sean and Marie-Helene in management ! Looking forward to next time ...until then xo. Allison L.

Room Tip: Request a room in Regency court...if you are bringing kids request Fountain court and head to Pre...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I just returned from a rather disappointing weekend at the Viceroy. The rooms were pretty fabulous and the staff at the front desk was very kind and helpful. However, the wait staff at the pool and the bar did a pretty fantastic job of making myself and my girlfriends feel unwelcome. We had trouble getting service and when we finally got someone's attention, they acted like we were asking far too much by simply ordering lunch. Because we weren't ordering tons of expensive drinks, it was clear that they felt like serving us was a waste of their time. The valet guys were super nice, but one of them almost ran us over, and then my car was returned with a broken latch. We spent most of the weekend feeling like we were inconveniencing the staff with our presence -- not good. We left knowing we spent a whole lot of money and feeling like it wasn't enough to even get the most basic of hospitality from most of the staff.

Despite how beautiful the hotel grounds and rooms were, I'm unlikely to return. I understand that everyone makes mistakes (i.e. almost getting run over), but consistently treating your guests like they are an inconvenience is something I have never experienced, even at the cheapest hotels.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Olivia P, Director of Sales at Viceroy Palm Springs, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Erin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Our guests' feedback helps us put into perspective what is and is not working at our resort. I am extremely disappointed in the service you received or didn't receive- specifically in regards to pool service which seemed to have ruined a next to perfect weekend (despite the valet incident). I will be addressing with the appropriate team members. Again, thank you for your candid feedback. Should there ever be another opportunity to redeliver an experience - please let me know.

Olivia Prescott
Director of Sales
D: 760-318-3018
Huntington Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

I recently spent two nights at the Viceroy for an offsite business meeting. The good points included the cool vibe from the Hollywood Regency decor; nice grounds with firepits near the pool; terrific location within walking distance to downtown Palm Springs restaurants and shopping. The downsides of my stay included my room not being available when I checked in (they offered me a complementary glass of champagne to enjoy during the wait) and very loud air conditioning unit in the room (which I should have let them know about, but didn't find the time for). I enjoyed a manicure and pedicure at the Estrella Spa, and found the staff there to be attentive and pleasant. I would consider coming back to stay here, even though this first visit didn't "wow" me.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
cleveland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Our corporate travel agency booked us into this "boutique" hotel. Did you ever have a hotel room without a chair? How about no table? How about no drawers to put your clothes in? You thing I'm kidding, I'm not! I have traveled the world and never been as disappointed with my accommodations as i was here. How they get away with $210/night for this is incredible. In Cleveland you be disappointed with these lodgings at $50/night. Did i mention a wedding party with a DJ under my window on the night of arrival?

Room Tip: rooms by the pool seemed better, but don't waste your time
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

In terms of service, cleanliness and overall 'good vibes', the Viceroy must be on of the best hotels Palm Springs has to offer.

However, I have one major complaint with the hotel which would make me think very seriously before returning. That is the question of the disruption caused to hotel guests by weddings held there.

On the day of a wedding - there were 2 during our stay - two of the three swimming pools and surrounding areas were closed to guests from about 3pm. This leaves just the small courtyard pool which has very limited seating area for use of hotel guests.
There is no where else to enjoy the afternoon sun and the glorious sunset which is nicest time of the day.

We were not made aware that there would be any disruption during our stay which I feel very strongly the management have an obligation to do so. Also, we would not have stayed there if we had known - possibly why we were not informed.
Many other guests complained about this, and although the reception staff were sympathetic to the complaints said it was beyond their control.

Clearly, the management/owners choose the financial gain of the weddings over guest satisfaction.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a noise problem from either the main road or from the central courtyard pool area...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Olivia P, Director of Sales at Viceroy Palm Springs, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear berfell,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback about your recent experience. As the Director of Sales, I oversee the Sales for both the Leisure and Group Guests (weddings) and would like to assure you they are equally important markets to us. I do apologize for the inconvenience of the events, we do know that they impact your experience which is why we always leave the main pool open along with the Spa Courtyard so that our guests can soak up the remaining sun. I can work with my team on giving proper directions to find these areas as they may not have been self apparent. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and wish you safe travels in the future.

Olivia Prescott
D: 760-318-3018
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I think no hotel in the Palm Springs area has it all. But the Viceroy has a refreshing atmosphere and a nice location if you want to have easy access to the restaurants and shops of Palm Canyon road. The streets behind the hotel make for wonderful morning strolls or maybe a ride on a bike. Also, the pools are very relaxing. I prefer the larger one away from the hotel restaurant area; it feels peaceful and a little Mediterranean. The basic rooms seem small and it's worth it to upgrade at least one level. The bathrooms especially seem in need of renovation. The service is nice overall. The restaurant's food was not my favorite, but the bar mixes great libations.

Room Tip: consider spending a bit more and getting a cottage near the larger pool
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Viceroy Palm Springs? Share your experiences!