Stayed for 2 nights during a family holiday in California. Wanted to go back to Palm Springs having visited it with the wife in April 1993 on our first trip to California and we were sold on the area. Booking.Com offered a the best deal and we got the Viceroy at a really good rate for a family room as not many places in Palm Springs could offer family rooms. As with a lot of Californian hotels you end up being charged a daily resort facility rate for using their pool? Viceroy was about $25 a day plus tax.
It was a pleasant experience and the family enjoyed the stay. The room was small for a family room with limited storage space but it was very clean and the beds (2 x Queens) very comfortable. The day we arrived our room was not ready which was a bit frustrating after a 4 hour drive from Las Vegas but the staff were very apologetic. There are 3 pool areas which are usually full by about 10.00am. You can never be sure whether a sun bed is free or not because the guests just leave their towels on them when they leave. 2 of the pools are designated as adults only but this appeared to be ignored by some families without any apparent complaints? They are small but water nice and warm
We didn't eat in the hotel as there were a number of good restaurants nearby that had been recommended - Chop House and Grind Burger Bar did very good food.
Take a trip in the aerial tramway - fantastic view of Palm Springs and surrounding areas.
The Valet car parking team were very friendly and full of useful advice and tips.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Avalon Hotel Palm Springs is the newest addition to our family. The quintessential Palm Springs resort sits in stunning contrast to its desert setting, nestled between Downtown's main drag and the foot of the rugged San Jacinto Mountains. Set amongst four acres of fragrant, beautifully manicured gardens, this luxurious Spanish Eclectic-style stunner channels Palm Springs' storied Golden Age, exuberantly updated with Hollywood Regency interiors by renowned designer Kelly Wearstler. Whether they're savoring the cuisine of Citron, sunning by one of three pools or indulging in a massage beneath a private cabana, guests (and their favorite four-legged friends) delight in experiences elevated by Avalon's flair for trend and tradition. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Avalon Hotel Palm Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viceroy Palm Springs Hotel Palm Springs
- Viceroy Hotel Palm Springs
- Palm Springs Viceroy Hotel