Drove down from the Grand Canyon to Palm Springs, arriving late afternoon. We found it difficult to find the Hotel Entrance and it was my wife who spotted a small sign; Viceroy Valet Parking. The receptionist was very helpful and explained that the car would be taken care of and our luggage taken to our room. The car keys were retained by valet parking. The following day I needed access to the car and went to reception to pick up the keys. I was told that I could not have the keys and they would call the valet to open my car. When I queried this arrangement, i was told that it was a precaution to prevent any damage to other vehicles. The irony was that no cars were in that line of parking and, of course, you are obliged to tip the valet for the minor task.
The inside of the hotel was fashionable with the option of having meals and drinks served outside adjacent to one of the pools.
The room was clean and pleasant with a view over the pool. We were concerned that it might be noisy, but it was quiet and we did not see many people.
This hotel was booked through Trailfinders and they described the accommodation as Premium Studio with Breakfast. The hotel gave us a voucher when we arrived for breakfast, value $30. We ordered the cheapest item on the menu and coffee and the bill was $41.76, inclusive of tax and gratuity.
Every time you used the valet service you felt obliged to leave a tip.
Although the Hotel was lovely, it did not feel a relaxed stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since its origins in the 1930s, Viceroy Palm Springs has redefined the ultimate Palm Springs Spa Resort experience. Luxuriously updated by Kelly Wearstler to reflect the Hollywood Regency Style popular during the desert’s original glamour era, Viceroy Palm Springs offers first-class personalized and intuitive service and amenities that guarantee a memorable experience. Experience the hotel recognized on Conde Nast’s Hot list of hotels and our Estrella Spa which was voted number 16 of the top 50 Hotel Spas in the US by Conde Nast Traveler 2011. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Viceroy Palm Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viceroy Palm Springs Hotel Palm Springs
- Viceroy Hotel Palm Springs
- Palm Springs Viceroy Hotel