This was my fourth or fifth time staying at the Viceroy Palm Springs. You'd think that they'd treat me accordingly. But we got shafted with a room the size of a shoebox with no patio or balcony. The bed was comfy but the bathrooms are a joke...nowhere to put your things and the original bath and shower fixtures. Sort if like showering under a watering can. Walked to dinner at The Falls, a favorite of mine. One of the pools was closed for retrofitting (we were notified via email about a week before) so the pools were crowded, but not unbearably so. Service was good...John and Buddy were fantastic and at the spa (which is very pretty), my massage with Joe was so good I went back the next day for another! As always, we met lots of interesting people at the pool and the food was great. (Stiiiiill the same old menu though). The lobby has always had a vaguely sulphurous scent, but now the lobby and main bar fully smell like a bathroom. The before-mentioned interesting people at the pool said that they were getting an awesome rate. Since I wasn't, I asked upon checkout if the hotel manager would honor the current advertised rate (about $75 a night less than what we were paying). They declined, which shocked me. So for my part, I'll decline to go back until the hotel gets an overhaul in more ways than one.
- Also Known As:
- Viceroy Palm Springs Hotel
- Viceroy Palm Springs Hotel Palm Springs
- Viceroy Hotel Palm Springs
- Palm Springs Viceroy Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since its origins in the 1930s, Viceroy Palm Springs has redefined the ultimate Palm Springs Spa Resort experience. Luxuriously updated by Kelly Wearstler to reflect the Hollywood Regency Style popular during the desert’s original glamour era, Viceroy Palm Springs offers first-class personalized and intuitive service and amenities that guarantee a memorable experience. Experience the hotel recognized on Conde Nast’s Hot list of hotels and our Estrella Spa which was voted number 16 of the top 50 Hotel Spas in the US by Conde Nast Traveler 2011. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Priceline, Booking.com, Tablet Hotels, Travelocity, Olotels, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Tingo, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Viceroy Palm Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.