“Not bad. Not great. Very average.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2, Save 20%!
Ranked #38 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
sao paulo
“Not bad. Not great. Very average.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

Lobby is welcoming. Staff was VERY friendly and helpful; they are the best part of this hotel. Free wifi in rooms a plus. The breakfast I thought was very average. Gym very average. And the rooms, the most important part, also very average. It's clearly an old hotel, and the rooms show it a bit. My room wasn't dirty, but did look like it had seen better days.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

We stayed at the Courtyard Palms Springs during the Memorial Day weekend. It was a last minute decision to come to PS so when I started looking for hotels on the strip, they were either completely booked or prohibitedly pricey. However, this one popped up as an alternative for ~$200 per night. It is located in between the city center and the PS airport, about three quarters of a mile to the Indian Canyon Drive, the main strip of PS. So naturally, when it is not too hot, one can simply take a leisure stroll, which was what we did to get into town when the sun was down. Or one can take a bus. While we were there, the lobby was under renovation. The front desk staff were friendly and apologetic about the mess from the renovation. They were very efficient and responsive to our needs. Our room and amenities were of course of Courtyard standards. No surprises. The room was spacious. The bed was huge and comfy. Since Courtyard is a brand of business hotels, naturally there were a writing desk, a couch, and even a mini fridge. The only small problem we had was the noise from the AC unit - remember PS is in the desert and one will have to keep the AC on pretty much all day around the summer. There are a small pool and a jacuzzi at the courtyard. It'd be perfect for a hot day. One tiny problem though - the pool is framed by guestrooms on three sides; so don't make too big of a splash, because half of the hotel guests may see you. All in all, no surprises, pleasant or unpleasant, plain and simple.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Moreno Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

the hotel is nice and clean
then only problem we had is they gave us a room that someone else was staying in lol

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

I have stayed here 3 times in the past year. Each time the stay gets BETTER AND BETTER! Being a elite member with Marriott, I stay at several Courtyard properties over time. This is one of my favorites! It is CLOSE to everything-downtown, airport, warm sands, freeway, you name it! The staff is exceptionally nice and very very well trained. Check in is done in less than a minute and check out the same. The rooms are VERY clean and housekeeping is great. The upkeep of the hotel is VERY GOOD, and the hotel is constantly underdoing new renovations to catch it up with the brand new Courtyard's. The new lobby/grill is awesome! You always have snacks available, and now full food service is also available. The patio rooms with sliding glass doors to the pool are great! Very resort like, without the resort price. I have never had a concern at this hotel and there is ALWAYS a management person on duty. They even offer shuttle service to the airport and downtown. This hotel is like a mini resort, without the hazzle, hidden fees, and price! This is by far my favorite place to stay in Palm Springs!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

I needed to be out in Palm Springs for some quiet downtime and chose a 4 star property near to this one, I didn't choose this one, at first. The 4 star property was a TOTAL NIGHTMARE. It was overrun with screaming children in the pool till all hours of the night. Even with the glass door closed in my room and the A/C on, in a fifth floor room, you could hear their shrill screams. I had stayed at this property, this Courtyard, a couple of years ago and quite liked it, and only a glorious website lured me to the other 4 star property. Not only was the four-star property noisy anywehre you ventured with out of control children, the doors to the rooms were painted a hideous, nauseating bright orange like from a Howard Johnson's in the 60s. I called the Courtyard Marriott late at night to see if there was anything they could do for me. Krystal at the front desk SAVED ME from the nightmare. She told me to come right over, and not only that, took the trouble to look up my old reservation from two years ago and found the room I'd previously stayed in. It was not available but the room right below it, which was identical, was. Krystal held the room for me while I raced over there. She even arranged to have the room shown to me to see if I liked it and liked it I did. Good-sized balcony, beautiful view of the mountains, better than the 4 star property, and blissful quiet, a nice sitting area with coffee table and couch, and an excellent air conditioner that was not overly loud and yet managed to cool down the room to perfect comfort despite the 108 degree weather. Krystal was utterly professional. But it didn't stop at Krystal. Someone at this property is doing something right. The staff is impeccable from top to bottom and no problem was too difficult for them. Matthew at the new bistro restaurant in the hotel is a gracious host and he enjoys serving and helping people. He made excellent meals for me and guided me well through the menu, consistently making excellent recommendations throughout my stay. The chardonnay I was served by Matthew at the bistro was surprisingly good and delicious. One night, a cricket got into my A/C unit and nearly drove me crazy. Despit it being late at night, Nani, at the front desk, who is like a beloved aunt to the guests, made it no problem. She immediately moved me to another room, no questions asked. This is a sign of an excellent hotel, where the customer is accommodated, and when a difficulty arises, they try to make life easier for you, not harder, which some hotels can famously do. In addition to Nani and Krystal and Matthew, Thomas, who works the graveyard shift, is shockingly gracious and helpful, and takes painstaking amounts of time to help each guest find and discover a great off-property restaurant and bar, and is good listener. Jaime who works maintenance and security, was also a huge help to me during my stay. The pool is small but there was always room for a few relaxing laps, and even though there were children, just as two years ago, they were respectful of the other swimmers. This Courtyard seems to attract guests who are respectful of each other, it's just a phenomenon of this hotel, I can't explain it. The breakfasts at their bistro are enormous and delicious, they offer Starbucks, a full bar at night, and tasty dinners. (I do though miss the waffles they used to serve here, I hope they bring them back). So what more can you want? A gym? They've got that too. It's small but well-equipped with an eliptical trainer and two treadmills, as well as free weights. The gym has purified drinking water available and a good supply of workout towels. Unlike a lot of Palm Springs properties that are right on the street, this one is set back a bit, with nice park benches to sit on beneath some beautiful trees so you can chill and enjoy the beautiful scenery. I wish I'd gotten the name of my housekeeper, she was superb. I did leave a tip every day of my stay, which as someone who once worked in the hotel business, I highly recommend. Leave a tip of every day. Your appreciation will always be rewarded. I would leave her instructions for some of the things I needed and when I got back to my room, my instructions were 100 percent of the time followed to a tee. Look, someone's doing something right at this property, which is a soothing home away from home for the business traveler, who isn't looking for the insanity of a party central resort hotel, but still has the pool, the bar, the restaurant and a sweet lobby with huge screen computers, free wi-fi everywhere, free parking...Need I say more. Congratulations to the manager of this hotel who runs a well-kept property that is staffed with people who feel more like newfound friends than people just doing what the job calls for. Bravo to the staff of this hotel. Take a bow. You guys are great. P.S. And my bigger nicer room at this property was way less expensive than the 4 star nightmare I started out at just down the block.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

My family and I really enjoyed our stay at this facility. The room was very clean and the staff were super friendly. I will definitely be staying at this hotel again in the near future.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Mission Viejo, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

I was concerned about this hotel after reading some recent reviews. We liked this Courtyard and would stay here again. We were on the first floor and it was quiet despite having a couple of teenage sports teams here. The beds were comfortable and the pool was big enough. Breakfast is pricey at $8.95 for the buffet. We got great fresh healthy food at Fresh & Easy which is very close. We drove to town (too hot to walk!) and didn't have any trouble finding parking.

Room Tip: Call ahead to request adjoining rooms.