“amazing staff, stylish property, comfy beds” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Riviera Resort & Spa, Palm Springs

Save Saved
You added Riviera Resort & Spa, Palm Springs to your Saves list
Riviera Resort & Spa, Palm Springs
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1600 North Indian Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, CA 92262   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
up to 30% OFF
Ranked #36 of 69 hotels in Palm Springs
San Francisco Bay Area
“amazing staff, stylish property, comfy beds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Really REALLY liked my recent stay here. Went on a girls' weekend - total of 8 of us in 4 rooms.

The staff (in particular, Frank) were all stellar. Super friendly, but not intrusive. Went out of their way to make our stay fun and special. Everyone in our party commented on how great the service was.

Loved the pool atmosphere and the groovy music playing. Fire pits at night were great - such a nice place to sit out and chat after dinner. Food at the poolside bar is a bit limited, but decent. Food in the main restaurant is quite good.
We all got spa treatments - mine were OK, not mind-blowing, but good. Two of the people in my party, though, reported that they got the best massage of their lives (and these are not spa newbies). So, I guess it's luck of the draw for which massage therapist you end up with.
Our rooms were nice, but none of them had much of a view. But that was OK - they were spacious and stylish and the beds were VERY comfortable.
I will definitely return here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

1,398 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

This was my first stay in Palm Springs and i really enjoyed the Riveria. From the moment we checked in the concierge, Rigoberto, greeted us with a smile and extremely professional and helpful attitude. He was very knowledgeable about the area which was nice it being our first time there. When our pool view room did not have the view or balcony we expected he easily and quickly arranged our upgrade to a jr. suite. Our room was spacious, comfortable, and clean.
The pool area can be crowded but being there in Nov. we didn't have any problems finding lounge chairs/daybeds and the poolside service was friendly and quick. This hotel is a little way from the main downtown area but is an easy cab ride. We even walked it one evening but definitely decided on a cab ride back. I really enjoyed my stay and can't wait to return.

Room Tip: We stayed in a Mediterranean Junior suite.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
El Cajon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

swim meet 2012. Amenities promised with the additional fee were not provided. We had a person with injury needed ice. Ice machine was broke and never fixed the entire time we were there. It to forty minutes to get a bucket brought to themroom. Shower head was broke spraying water everywhere this was never fixed. Called to speak to a Manager were told they would return call this was on November 20th still have not received a call back. Next meet we will look elsewhere for a room.

San Diego, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Even though I'm giving this hotel a two star - it is solely based on my dissatisfaction of the room, it's proximity and it's accomodations versus what was requested. Unfortunately, we stayed during the Thanksgiving weekend - it was EXTREMELY busy with noisey kids running amuck. I'm not used to kids - particularly unruly ones. So when checking in to our King Room, I asked if we could have a room with a view - and she stated that there weren't many view rooms for the King Room - but she would place us in a room with the Garden View. When we got to room #3104 it turned out to be an interior corner room - so the view was not of a Garden View, but of a concrete wall. Also, since is turned out to be an interior room - we were next to the central door, plus the stairwell - so we had the pleasure of hearing slamming doors, kids screaming in the halls, plus stomping up the stairwell. In addition - it was the smallest room that I have ever been in, in my entire life (other than my college dorm room). I'm guessing since it was the end-unit for the interior - the walls were six sided instead of four (cutting off the corners) - and due to lack of light (remember the wall outside?), it was VERY dark inside. So sleeping in this small, dark, six walled room resembled a coffin. I did appreciate their attempt to make this small closet presentable by their trendy furniture - including the bed, which was extremely comfortable - if only I could have slept better without all of the noise surrounding the room. Even my Noise Cancellation headphones did not drown out the temper tantrums and door slams (so our first venture out was to buy a large bottle of vodka). As for the remainder of the Resort - I thought it was quite beautiful. The pools were beautiful, the fire pits were great for sitting around at night, the exterior hallways consisted of well-manicured hedges, tennis courts, awesome front bar, excellent food at the restaurant (Circa 56 I think) - even the service there was wonderful. Great staff - maid service was prompt - they even followed up at night since I spent the day in the room during their regular cleaning hours. So my only issue was how aweful the room was - size, placement, everything. Since I'm the type of traveller that likes to actually STAY in the resort rooms, and only venture out every once in awhile - this was not the ideal setup for me. I disliked the room so much, it forced me to get out of there do "other things" in PS instead of relaxing in the room, and enjoying a view. But I'd give it another chance. LIke I said - everything else was awesome there - I just need try a second stay there and see if all of the rooms are this bad, or if it was a fluke.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This is my second visit in two years.

The service remains excellent and Andrew at reception was extremely helpful and went out of his way many times. There were four of us and we had a lot of requests which he delivered on with a smile.

The rooms were very roomy and spacious. Albeit the bathroom is a little small but for two nights I didn't mind. The shower was powerful and the room was well lit.

The view of the palm trees and the mountains in the morning was stunning. The a/c was very powerful and did the trick with all the heat outside.

The pool service was great and so was the food. Sometimes it took a little while but nothing too major. The bloody mary's are recommended!

The self parking is definitely worth it over the valet and convenient to get to from our rooms.

I would always request a top floor room and of course away from the elevator. There is a gas station just next door and a 7/11 convenience store.

Room Tip: top floor away from elevator.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
PSRESORT, General Manager at Riviera Resort & Spa, Palm Springs, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it. Glad to hear that you had such a great stay and enjoyed the facilites. We are looking forward to the next time!
El Segundo, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I recently stayed here with my husband and 3 1/2 year old for Thanksgiving week. I knew from previous reviews that this was not a hotel that families with young children would like. However, the rate I got was amazing and I have been going to the Palm Springs area for vacations for over 20 years. The hotel staff was courteous and pleasant. The grounds were well kept and we had a terrific time at the pool, although there is no children's pool. The only negative issue that we had was that our room was never cleaned! I have never stayed at a hotel where the rooms aren't cleaned every day. We stopped the maids in the hall and requested our room to be cleaned, we called the front desk asking for a maid....it never happened. Each day I had to beg for the trash to be emptied and for new towels and glasses. There was also an issue with the bed frames. They stick out way past the mattress and are hidden by the comforters. Needless to say, all 3 of us had banged up our knees, feet, and legs daily as a result.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We have shared the concerns with the appropriate departments and do apologize for the inconsistency on cleaning the room. We certainly hope we get to see you again soon.
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

The Riviera Looks Like A Cool Place To Stay With Its Old School Vegas Glitz And Glam But Its All Window Dressing ! Our Family Was In Palm Springs For 2012 Thanksgiving Baseball Tournament And It Was A Disaster ! DAY 1 > Wrong Room Type Given At Check In, Waited 2 Hours For Right Room Due To Housekeeping Delay. Elevator Broke; Shut In For 15 Minutes Until Help Arrived. Missed Patriots / Jets Game. No Bath Towels, had to call Housekeeping 3 Times ! DAY 2 > Housekeeping Delay (AGAIN!) Away At Baseball Until 3:00pm, Returned To UN-Made Room. Because We Had Dog With Us, Had To Wait Another 2 Hours Outside For Housekeeping To Come Clean Room (They Don't Allow Pet In The Room While Room Is Being Made Up) Had To Cancel Dinner Plans. Day 3 > You Guessed It, Housekeeping Delay ! We Even Called Housekeeping Sat Morning (As They Advised After Friday's Problem With Housekeeping) And Requested Room Be Made Up By 1:00pm Sat; They committed by 10:00am. Came Back From Baseball 2:00pm...guess what...Room Was Not Made Up Yet....We Checked Out Early. This Was THE Worst Customer Experience I've Had In A Hotel....Ever.

Room Tip: If You Want A Good Room - Book Another Hotel !
Dear Alan,

First of all, sincerly apologize for the challanges you experienced during your most recent visit. We have shared the comments with the appropriate department(s) as we value the opinions of all of our guests. We truly want our guests to have a great stay and enjoy the hotel and sourrounding areas and we would hope for a return visist to show you that we can make it right. Please contact Geoff Young, Managing Director if you have any further questions or concerns. Again, we thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Been to Riviera Resort & Spa, Palm Springs? Share your experiences!