“Funky decor, low key and fun” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Riviera Resort & Spa, Palm Springs

You added Riviera Resort & Spa, Palm Springs to your Saves list
Riviera Resort & Spa, Palm Springs
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1600 North Indian Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, CA 92262   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
$1 Breakfast
Ranked #43 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
San Francisco, California
“Funky decor, low key and fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I just got back from a girls' weekend at the Riviera, and it was a lot of fun! Riviera was apparently redecorated just a few years ago, and the look is funky but still relaxed. The suite rooms are spacious with private balconies.

Pool on site is small and pretty empty on Friday. If you want to go on Saturday or Sunday, show up early to get a spot. The pool bar serves up a decent menu of food. Drinks are average, but about what you would expect for pool bar fare.

The on-site restaurant was very nice for dinner. The setting is romantic with live performers, fire pits, and lanterns hanging from the trees.

The Spa Terre on site was one of the better ones that I've been to - we did the spa on Friday and it was pretty much empty, and it felt like we had the whole place to ourselves. Their summer special prices for treatments are reasonable as well.

The reason that I rated Riviera at 4 stars is that it seems to have some issues with room cleanliness. When checking into our suite, the first one smelled like a recently used bathroom although visually it seemed to have been cleaned. We called the front desk and they were quick to get us a second room, which had a trail of stains on the bathroom floor. The hotel quickly sent a maid that cleaned up the bathroom floor and we kept the room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
PSRESORT, Manager at Riviera Resort & Spa, Palm Springs, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We will share the feedback with all the departments as well but are glad to hear that it was a successful girls weekend! Come back soon to see you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great place in Palm Springs. Large pool area, with pool bar for drinks and lunch, relaxing fire pits in pool area for night time leisure. Rooms are clean, great retro decor and good size. Great soaking tub in room. Good happy hour, with saxophone players on Sunday night. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Many thanks for posting your review, we appreciate it. Glad to hear it was a great getaway and that you had a great time here. We hope to see you again soon.
La Puente, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

If you're looking for a relaxing getaway with your partner then I highly recommend you stay at the Riviera Resort in Palm Springs. My girlfriend and I have been here 3 times in the last year now and we love it. We like to go to Vegas to party (week 1) but then right before its time to go back to work we stay at the Riviera. We love to lounge by the pool as waiters bring us drinks. I usually do not write reviews but something happened on our third trip I had to voice.

Usually when someone has a bad expirience they will tell 5 people and when something good happens they will tell one if not none. I want everyone to know about a bartender named Richard C. He works at the resort in a bar called Sidebar. Out of all the bars and restaurants I have been to he is the best Bartender I have ever had. He is friendly and will go out of his way to make your experience the best. On weekends they are packed wall to wall but during the week Sidebar is a ghost town. On Wednesday night I was at the bar with Richard making me drinks and he created one we called the "Cherry Coulter." I highly recommend you give it a try.

I always come to this resort to relax but now I will make an effort to come more often just to have Richard make me a drink.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Appreciate the feedback and the review. Very happy to hear that you got excellent service during your stay. We will pass on the feedback for Richard and Sidebar as well. We look forward to your return.
La Puente, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is not my first time staying at this hotel and each time it gets a little better. My BF and I love the vibe here and being that we usually go to Vegas this is a lot closer. We come during the week to avoid the weekend party scene and love the casual pool side and wait staff. But the best part about this trip was Richard, the bartender at Sidebar. He is an awesome bartender and remembered us from the previous night. We had a great time!

Con: Do not get room service! So overpriced and not that good.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

The Riviera Resort & Spa, Palm Springs is a great place to stay for both business and pleasure. I really enjoyed just being able to relax and enjoy myself in the jacuzzi or in the pool or from my balcony. Very nice and sincere staff. They did not act like they were smiling because they had too. They all had smiles on their faces and visibility in their hearts. That's always a great experience. I appreciate the professionalism, consistency and extra amenities. I would truly stay there again and again and again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Felicia,

Thanks for sharing your feedback, we really appreciate it and its nice to hear that you had a great stay. It sure is one of a kind property with history attached to it, hope to see you back soon.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I have been to Palm Springs a few times and it's always been at Riviera. I love the decor and pool. Recently, I took my bf on a romantic weekend trip to PS and it was his first time visiting PS. The front desk was very friendly and checked me in quick. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and trendy with a dash of retro style. My only few negatives regarding the rooms: the walls are too thin and the doors don't shut itself so if you head out, make sure you shut the door tightly. The bed are really comfy though! Next time, I want to stay at the Junior Suite with the pool view because I hate staying in the backing building.

I love the main pool because it reminds me of Vegas with bumping good music. We arrived there mid-afternoon and the pool was packed on a Saturday. The Pool Manager, Patrick was so nice and accommodating. He made sure all the guests are well taken care of. Great hospitality. My bf and I relaxed on the daybed and enjoyed the rest of the afternoon tanning, swimming, eating, and drinking. Our server Lance was great and he checked up on us a few times to see if we need more food and drinks. Definitely check out Riviera, it's a beautiful resort.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
PSRESORT, Manager at Riviera Resort & Spa, Palm Springs, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for your great feedback. We are glad to hear that you had a great experience with us. Looking forward to the next time!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My husband and I were in town at the beginning of October for a Thursday night to Friday stay, him for business and me for pleasure.

Hotel experience: When we arrived we were graciously greeted by two welcoming and professional valets. One took our bags while the other attended to getting our room number, etc. Next, we met “Mark” and “Brandon” at the front desk. Both men were friendly and helpful while assisting with our check-in, and wanted to make sure we knew to let them know if they could do anything to make our stay an enjoyable one. Every staff member we encountered throughout our stay greeted us with a smile, at least. The décor in the large gathering lobby, large gathering lobby hallway, and lobby bar was to die for.

Room: Our room was spacious and clean. Small amenities that make a big difference to us: slow-closing toilets seats, lighted mirrors and lighted makeup mirror in bathroom, separate jetted tub and large tiled shower, fluffy/white towels and wash clothes. The bed and room was comfy and quiet, despite being next to the pool area.

Food/entertainment experience: We ate dinner and breakfast at restaurant Circa 59. The ahi tuna was seared to perfection (which is a tall order for my husband).Two thumbs up, as well, for the lobster mac ’n’ cheese, the arugula-pear salad, and the oatmeal with caramelized apples on top and fresh fruit. The fresh fruit was fresh and contained strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, grapes, cantaloupe, and melon. The presentation of every dish was first-class. “Lance” was our dinner server and “Enrique” served breakfast. Both were friendly and professional. During dinner, ” James”, stopped by each table to make sure everything about the dinner and stay, thus far, was to our satisfaction. He asked us to please let him or the staff know if there was anything they could do to make our stay more enjoyable. Another big highlight during dinner was the live music played by our outside dining table. It was a two-man ensemble and the lead guitarist and singer was “Michael Keeth”. He was accompanied by a guy who also played guitar. Michael had an amazing voice, was so talented, and sang covered songs. We enjoy music we recognize and relate to. It made our dinner at Circa 59 truly memorable.
Pool: The biggest bonuses about the pool include: large size, clean/clear water, and lounger-side cocktail and food service.

The only thing missing from our stay was my sister and girlfriends to hang out with me by the pool while my husband was busy working. Next trip to Palm Springs will be a girls’ trip to the Riviera!! :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We will certainly pass on the great comments for our staff and we happy to see that you had a great time with us.
We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Riviera Resort & Spa, Palm Springs? Share your experiences!