“Perfect Bachelorette Party Destination for LA folks” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Riviera Resort & Spa, Palm Springs

You added Riviera Resort & Spa, Palm Springs to your Saves list
Riviera Resort & Spa, Palm Springs
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1600 North Indian Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, CA 92262   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
$1 Breakfast
Ranked #43 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
San Francisco
“Perfect Bachelorette Party Destination for LA folks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

You need to throw a bachelorette party and are over Vegas and the craziness? This is where to go. Perfect chill (but fun pool scene) great suites, no Vegas gnarliness (stripper crap, etc.) - best place I've been to for one yet. Land a cabana - they will hook you up with pitchers - fun crowd and not too crazy.

We DID have some crazy discount through a connection (one of the organizers) so the low cost also did make it seem uber spectacular. I don't know how expensive it would have been if we hadn't had that huge discount/hookup.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
RivieraPalmSprings, General Manager at Riviera Resort & Spa, Palm Springs, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Thank you for the recommendation to others who may be organizing the perfect getaway. Our suites are great for accommodating friends, family, and celebrations as some have their own patios, fire pits, wet bars and private Jacuzzis. Our cabanas also make a nice addition when you have a group on a flow to our pool, spa, or restaurant. Please let our team know if we can assist in planning your next trip!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
Danville, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

This was a last-minute change for us. We were supposed to stay at the new Saguaro, but the reviews were not promising and so we switched until they have been open a bit longer and hopefully worked out the kinks we were reading about. We got The Riviera on Priceline and it was very nice for what we paid. Not sure I would have been as happy at rack rate (which is in the $190 - $250 range.)

The room was nice size with a patio right to the pool. It had a small refrigerator, which I always like because I'm not a big sit-down breakfast person. I'd rather buy some yogurts, fruit, etc. for myself (and save about $15 a day in the process.) The decor was fun, but I agree with another review that there was something a little off about it. I think it walks a fine line between being funky and dated.

The pool was nice (though they did have a problem with the water one day we were there and it was turning green before our eyes!) Very nice chaise lounges, plenty of towels, water, coffee. Fish tacos are huge! Also really enjoyed the firepits scattered around. The negatives were that the music only seemed to play on one side of the pool so as you chased the sun (or shade) you wouldn't have the sounds. Also, the hottub in the Deep End pool area was hot! I enjoyed it, but my husband literally couldn't get in, and we heard other people saying the same thing.

Service was fine. Nothing exceptional but no problems. There is absolutely no need to valet park. In fact, it seems to me it would be a hassle. The property is large, and you can drive to your building and park much closer than the central lobby.

Room Tip: Can't imagine not having a pool view and facing the parking lot.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay. We appreciate you including the positives such as your room, patio, pool, food, and fire pits along with some suggestions on music and water temperature. It is the words of our guests that help us to move in the right direction. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Riviera. We hope that we can include you as return guests.
Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

I'll preface this with saying we are not picky travelers. Easy going and not real service-demanders. But here's a general overview of things we appreciated and things that could use work: for a recent remodel, looks worn. Doors with chipped paint, carpet worn and dirty in halls.
The decor just doesn't cut it. The retro is a little creepy and just plain in uninviting. We're in our 50s, love Las Vegas, but just couldn't appreciate the Dean Martin era decor (and music). Bathroom small. The hair dryer cord was literally 12" long, max. Kind of hard to even look in the mirror and dry at same time. Small fridge in room was not plugged in, plus there was mildew in the door. Very confusing layout of the building. Add geometric carpet and wallpaper and it's a maze. The pool was great. Nice lounge chairs and nice view of mountains in background. There are fire pits and chairs in the pool area that are lit at night and look cozy and comfortable. The employees were extremely nice and friendly, which was the best part about the place. The grounds themselves seem well-kept. . Beds very comfortable. The crazy resort fee of $28 seems unnecessary at this type of property.

Room Tip: Request a room not facing the parking lot if possible. Back buildings 4/5 quiet
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
RivieraPalmSprings, General Manager at Riviera Resort & Spa, Palm Springs, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
Thank you for the feedback you have shared regarding your stay. All of your suggestions are insightful and will help us improve our guest experience. I am sorry for the inconveniences you have described. Thank you for acknowledging our staff and other positive aspects of your stay. Please let our team know if there is anything we can do to assist you now or in the future.
La Quinta, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012 via mobile

This hotel trying to live up to the swanky, chic, revival of the Rat Pack movie stars. I dont think it represents any of that. Over priced for what you get. Decor is cheap looking and not classy like they think it is. If you buy a Groupon you will be in rooms way behind main hotel and pool area. When you arrive they ask if you want to upgrade. I see why after checking in! Noise all night long in parking lot and hallway. When you complain next morning they smile and say, so sorry. I did not see rooms in main hotel, hope they were better and restful.
The main thing going for this hotel- great sexy feeling pool with lounge chairs, good location, plenty of outside bars and fire pits.
If you are going for restful surroundings forget it. If you want party place this is it if you don't mind the tacky decor rooms which could have been much more.
Sorry Riveria!

• Stayed March 2012
We apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. The Riviera is a historical property where many celebrities from earlier days came to perform and hang out. The property underwent a 70 million dollar renovation with the purpose of modernizing but also preserving the history. We fell short when you voiced your concerns as at that time our next step should have been to offer to have you speak with a manager. If you have the desire to further discuss your concerns with a manager, we are available at your convenience. We would love the chance to regain your confidence.
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

I booked this through a non-refundable promotional rate on Expedia, only to discover upon check-in that they were charging a "resort charge" that increased the nightly rate by approximately 30%. I feel a bit cheated as I made this purchase without full disclosure of the charges. I also find it odd that this "motel" charges a "resort charge".

I will say that the rooms are quite comfortable and clean. The retro design doesn't matter that much to me--some will love it and others will think it's over-done. I found it interesting. The layout of the motel rooms are very odd and confusing and I never was able to find my room easily during my stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay. I apologize that the resort fees were not clear when booking. Resort fees are common to hotels and resorts in our area. At our resort, it includes: fitness center use, telephone calls, self-parking, in-room coffee, daily newspaper upon request, tennis courts, wireless internet, and computer center use. I am glad that you enjoyed your guestroom. Once again, thank you for your time and patronage.
San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel over Thanksgiving weekend and it was a great getaway. The rooms and decor are very chic. I love the art deco/modern decorations. The hotel is an old property but they have redone it. Overall, you can tell it is an older property but all of the important elements have been upgraded. The rooms were very nice and I loved the beds. Even the hallways have very cool wallpaper. The main pool is very large and has a fun atmosphere. People do tend to wake up early and reserve the most desirable pool chairs so it is quite annoying to come down at 10am and find every chair "reserved" with a bag or magazine but no people in site. I asked the pool attendant what to do and he said they do have a 30 min rule that if the chair is unoccupied for 30 minutes, it becomes fair game and they will remove the items. I never saw this enforced however. The food at the pool and bar were excellent. In terms of rooms, we were in one of the far buildings, so it was a bit of a hike to the lobby. We did park our car by our room so it wasn't that big of a hassle. The hotel is about a mile from downtown Palm Springs. Even though it is close, I would recommend a rental car to get around. Overall, I would come back. We got a great price through a daily deal site so I am not sure if I would pay top dollar to stay here.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
RivieraPalmSprings, General Manager at Riviera Resort & Spa, Palm Springs, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Thank you for your holiday visit and review. It is terrific that you enjoyed the decor, rooms, beds, and food. As you noted in your review, our property underwent a major renovation before reopening. Please keep us in mind for future travel as we have many special offers and packages available. We appreciate your time and patronage.
Sherman Oaks, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

I stayed at the Riviera last Sept for a conference, & I liked it. The grounds are very large & well-maintained. I had a very spacious, well-appointed junior suite, which was quite nice. The decor is modern & colorful, & very appropriate for Palm Springs. There are 2 pools. The main pool is huge. I thought that the rate for my junior suite was quite reasonable. The only downside was the food. Most of the meals during the conference were prepared by the hotel. The breakfasts & lunches were decent, but the dinners were just terrible. My advice is if you stay here, take advantage of the many restaurants in Palm Springs as much as possible.

Room Tip: reserve a suite
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Thank you and your company for choosing the Riviera for your conference. We hope that you can make it back again with your company or for a leisure trip. In regards to dining, we have revamped both our restaurant and banquet menus with many delectable choices. We appreciate the valuable feedback. Please let our team know if there is anything we can do to make your next trip even more comfortable.

Been to Riviera Resort & Spa, Palm Springs? Share your experiences!