Stayed at the Curve for Pride Palm Springs-very cute hotel. I guess it is called the Curve because it rounds out to what seems to be a cul de sac but actually has another road going south. The lobby is cool funky, the redesign was featured on a TV show where the colors and layout was much planned and discussed. There is a curious pink barber's chair, 4 clocks that show LA, NY and Who Cares? time-very retro cool. The lobby lounge doubles as a breakfast area in the morning, and thankfully, there is a desktop computer you can use if you forgot your laptop or if you need to print your boarding pass.
The hotel is/was undeniably a motor hotel, with the layout of one-one side looks out to the parking lot, the other to the pool view. I love this because it alows you quick access to your car, and yet the balcony gives you a view of the pool action, giving you privacy if you choose to with the closed door and curtains, and yet you can open it and feel part of the action and see poeple and hear their laughter or conversation without actually having to go to the pool. And speaking of which, there is a lot of pool action! There is a DJ that plays dance music, a bartender, and a big pool and jacuzzi. This is a mixed crowd clientele, both young and old, gay/lesbian or straight are welcome. This is actually a welcome relief if you're traveling with family, or if you don't want the hypersexualized pressure of the all male resorts on Warm Sands.
The room is big, nice wall frames, bureau with TV and single serve coffeemaker, fridge and plenty of drawer space, but the closet hanger is tiny and did not have iron/ironing boards.
The small bathroom is a tell tale of its Travelodge past, with little counter space, but it does have a huge rainforest shower and toiletries with the Bee Kind brand, something I've only seen before in an upscale hotel spa resort in Vernon, BC, so that's the saving grace of the small bathroom. The staff are very friendly, which made my reservation mixup a bit more tolerable. The hotel is at the end of the historic Palm Canyon, and close to restaurants, shopping, downtown-very centrally located. Quite charming for it's price, a very good value!
- Also Known As:
- Palm Springs Travelodge Hotel
- Palm Springs Travelodge Hotel Palm Springs
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Curve Palm Springs is located in America's Desert Playground with classic mid-century modern architecture. We are surrounded by majestic snow capped mountains and extraordinary views. The Curve Palm Springs is located minutes from downtown where you will find world-class shopping, entertainment, dining, fabulous golf, tennis, hiking, other outdoor activities and unlimited sunshine which makes this a desert oasis! Enjoy our casual atmosphere at affordable vacation prices and take in all the desert has to offer. Visit The Curve Palm Springs and make your Palm Springs experience a truly memorable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelClick, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, getaroom.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your The Curve Palm Springs Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.