“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

20% Off and Food Credit
Ranked #29 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Loved this hotel will be staying there again. My husband and I went for our anniversary. Would love to go back with our grandsons. Beautiful pool. Rooms have microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker. Very nice place.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I love the Summer package deal. This was not only a great deal but affordable as well. I already booked for next year same time. Great location. Wish the pool area was a bit bigger to accommodate all guests and have room to move around in the pool but we waited patiently. Also would be nice to have some kind of security in the parking area. One of the guests cars got broken into. Overall great hotel!

• Stayed August 2013
San Diego, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

And right off the main thoroughfare. Park you car for the duration and walk to dinner and drinks. Staff was friendly, the rooms clean and comfortable. My only negative is that all our clothes had a "hotel smell" that needed to be washed out. Not noticeable while there, but noticeable when we got home.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Anaheim
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband and I had a great time staying at this hotel. The room was very clean and the service was great. The pool was clean and enjoyable. The hotel is walking distance from Palm Springs restaurants and shops. Very convenient if your having a few drinks, you don't have to drive, just walk or drag your self back to your hotel. We will stay at here again.

Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is our 4th time staying here. We love the hotel. My husband and I have come twice by ourselves for our Anniversary and twice with our kids for a little family get away. The convenience of all the shops, Starbucks, restaurants and night life all within walking distance is a major plus. The hotel pool is perfect and the rooms are nice. The fact that each room has a microwave and small refrigerator inside is a huge bonus when traveling with our kids to keep snacks for them.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I usually stay with my parents when visiting Palm Springs, but we were having a family reunion and there were no more rooms at their house. We chose this hotel based on price and location. I figured we were only sleeping there so I wasn't concerned with amenities. The location is fantastic! When I met up with family for meals in town I found I could walk everywhere. We didn't have any problems with parking, the staff was friendly, and the room was very clean. The cons were something every potential guest should consider.
-this is an old hotel, we heard the pipes in all the rooms around us, toilets flushing, showers turning on, etc. but we never heard our neighbors talking or moving about.
-the beds are awful! They are comfortable enough but they are very "springy" and I woke up in a start every time my husband would turn in bed. Felt like an earthquake every time.
-cell service can be spotty and slow in Palm Springs so you rely on wi-fi when you get it. I question whether they even had wi-fi. We would get one bar - if even that - and I got absolutely no cell service in my room. We couldn't get emails, texts or go online our entire visit to the Palm Mountain Resort. We were never able to connect to wi-fi on our iPad or my husbands iPhone, only on my Samsung.
I am not sure if we will stay here again, only because I am tired from two restless nights and I don't like feeling as if I can't connect with the outside world. But, the price and location might be enough to make up for it. Hopefully they will read the reviews on the mattresses and the wi-fi and make those simple changes, with that they would easily be a 5 out of 5.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Our room was very near the pool and offered a great view and patio for sunning....the hotel has an excellent downtown location...we walked everywhere in the evening for dinner, drinks and coffee... Village Fest with the "Marilyn Monroe" competition was just down the block...so was the Casino and many stores...hotel.staff was great...very polite and efficient... our room was spacious and clean...we did have one "visitor"...a huge bug that we found in our sink and reported to staff...we missed having a microwave and a safe in our room...the pool is clean and bright...we enjoyed swimming in it each day... the hotel grounds are well kept and relaxing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Palm Mountain Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!