“Coachella accommodations” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 69 hotels in Palm Springs
Vancouver, Canada
“Coachella accommodations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

My friend and I stayed at Palm Mountain Resort and Spa during April - we were attending Coachella 2011. The rooms were clean and spacious, and the linen was immaculate. The resort provided us with free shuttle service from the airport and the staff were friendly and helpful. The pool is well-maintained and is suitable for families and singles who want to cool off during the incredibly hot days. There is no restaurant or bar at the pool itself, but you can order delivery from the California Kitchen 1 block away or bring your own food. There are tables provided for people who want to eat poolside.

The resort is 1 block away from the town centre so shopping and restaurants are close at hand. If you're looking for a place to get a good lunch, try Sherman's deli which is about 1 km down the road. (http://shermansdeli.com/) Palm Mountain is also very close to the pick-up point for the Coachella festival bus.

The resort is not a five-star facility, so it is not ultra luxe or modern. The air conditioner was a bit loud and the bathtub did have some small chips in the enamel. If that type of thing bothers you, this hotel may not be suitable. However, if you are looking for a place to serve as "home base" during your travels in Palm Springs and are looking for a room that is clean, comfortable and convenient, I would highly recommend the Palm Mountain Resort.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

595 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

This hotel was so central, we were on a thomas cook tour when we stopped here for two nights. I can't fault anything about the hotel, my room was large with views onto the mountain. There was no place for breakfast or evening meal but there are lots of places to choose from just a short walk from the hotel. I would Ruby's is a must stop.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Chester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights with our tour, rooms clean and tidy, aircon very noisy, Pool was fine we only used it for a couple of hours, it was busy but it was Labour day weekend shame it didnt have a pool bar could have done with a cool drink as it was over 100 degrees. No restaurant but hotel gave us a voucher to use at Rubys dinner with $3 off breakfast, and plenty of lovely restaurants to have an evening meal. Thought staff were fine and friendly apart from one receptionist who we found a bit moody when we asked for a few local details thought she must have had a bad day, but no she was like that the next day. The cable car to the mountains is a must only about 15 mins fron the town of Palm Springs.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed here on what had to be the hottest weekend of the year in Palm Springs. Pool was great, A/C kept the room nice and cool, everything within walking distance and the front desk staff are friendly, attentive and helpful. I don't see any reason to stay anywhere else then here.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
South Orange County, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

This, to me is more of a hotel feel, rather than a Resort & Spa. It is very small, looks as if it was studio apartments at one time. Rooms are typical, nothing over the top, but offers typical amenities. The grounds are well maintained with green lush landscape. I did notice a spa entrance to the left of the hotel lobby entrance, but never entered inside.

First Impression: Bad first impression. When I first checked in the young gal with the dark, dramatic, over the top (unprofessional) make up was behind the counter on the phone. Not once did she look up to smile, or greet us with a “I'll me right with you”. We stood at the counter for at least 10 minutes, which seemed forever cause my daughter had to go to the bathroom. When she checked us in, I had mentioned that we had a connecting room reserved and she said that there were non available. When we got to our room, aside from the smell, I noticed a connecting door. After settling in, it seemed to be quiet and unoccupied next door. But when I called to inquire about it, sadly, she said that the room occupied. Fortunately, when we returned from dinner, the manager or later staff member contacted me to tell me the room next door was reserved for me. He was very accommodating. It defiantly made the stay much more pleasant.

Pros: The rooms were clean and spacious. They offered a flat screen TV, microwave, mini fridge, coffee maker, hair dryer, alarm clock and WIFI. The beds were very comfortable with clean crisp linens and towels. Just a short block away from down town, walking distance from everything. Guest computer in lobby. (kitchenette in king room.

Cons: Had that old, stale smell. Air conditioning was loud, but kept the room very cool. No pool side service.

Final Impression: The gentleman that set us up with the connecting rooms defiantly made our stay nicer and more pleasant. Our family is use to staying at resorts that offer a little more luxury and attractions (water slides, pool service, etc). But if you are looking for something simple and inexpensive, with not a lot of frills, than this would be a good choice. Who knows, when our kids are old enough to walk down town without an adult, we may consider this place.

Room Tip: Bring room deodorizer.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011 via mobile

When I think spa and resort I think big nice rooms with a bigger kitchen area a coach nice decor ! A nice dinning area no nothing !!!! I would compare it to a motel 6 ! this place is a dump! The pool was not refrehing 110 weather 90 degree pool does not fill good! There were band aids and bloody tissue in the pool area ! The only good thing is location ! That's about it Oh and no toiletry no lotions we did not have a fresh roll of toilet paper either makes me wonder how well they clean there rooms!

• Stayed September 2011
Carson, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011 via mobile

.... I stayed at the Palm Mountain Resort and Spa this last weekend (8/24). My original reservations were from (checking-in 8/24 and checking-out 8/27) for two rooms. After checking-in and settling down inside my room, I went over to the small refrigerator and noticed there was a trail of small bugs (roaches or ants) coming out of the walls by the outside of the bathroom door and behind the small refrigerator. I immediately called downstairs and told the front desk clerk (lady) that there were bugs in my room and if she had any bug spray. She replied and said that she had some spray and that the spray had a vanilla scent. I ran down to the front desk and retrieved the spray. I sprayed all alongside the walls in the bathroom and outside the bathroom by and behind the small refrigerator. After this inconvenience, I later went to the bathroom to place my personal belongings (i.e. toothbrush and toothpaste) on the counter and noticed there were more small bugs on the bathroom counter - so many that I could not kill them all. Disgusted, I decided to not leave my personal belongings in the bathroom but instead I placed them on the table by the television so that I could keep my eye on my belongings to make sure nothing crawled in my bag. Later that night, as my daughter and I were getting ready for bed, I pulled the covers back to get in and to my surprise there were (2) small baby worms on my bed - one on the comforter and the other on the pillow. At this point I was done. I have never been so disgusted with a hotel in my life. This was by far the worst hotel I have ever encountered. A guest should not have to call the front desk and ask for bug spray because they see a trail of small ants or roaches or whatever they were - a guest should not have worms on their pillows and comforters when getting into bed. I would like to have my money refunded for the two rooms I paid for that night. I am very very disappointed with the customer service, the quality and the lack of cleanliness of this hotel I will never ever stay at this hotel again. I made a complaint to the general manager of the hotel and he said he would refund my money for that night and he never did.

• Stayed August 2011

Been to Palm Mountain Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!