My husband and I stayed at a ABVI located at 1900 North Palm Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, CA, US 92262.
We will NEVER stay there or another ABVI again. It was an awful experience.
1. We requested non-smoking and although we were in a non-smoking room, it smelled like smoke, there were cigarette burns in the comforter and sheets, and it was surrounded by smoking rooms (what is the point of non-smoking).
2. Our reservation specified that our room would have a mini fridge- which it did not have. Also we were supposed to have "free wi-fi", again, this was NOT an amenity. Our reservation specified that our room would come with a microwave, and it did not.
3. The entire building including the rooms were dirty. There was a leak in the ceiling that they tried to paint over- I would be willing to bet that mold was growing in the walls.
4. The service was horrendous! The woman at the front desk “Barbara” absolutely REFUSED to let us check in at 2:30, because check-in time was 3pm. We asked housekeeping if there were rooms available, and they told us that there were plenty of rooms that were clean and ready for check-in. Instead, Barbara hung up on us when we called to see if we could check-in early and when we arrived at 2:30 she allowed a 7 month pregnant woman to stand in the lobby for 30 minutes because she had to make her point that check-in was 3pm. When we questioned her on the status of available and clean rooms, her response was “I don’t care, this is the rule and you are not special.” When I asked if I could speak with a supervisor she told me that she was the supervisor and the owner and that I was “out of luck.”
5. Lastly, as if our experience was not bad enough, we were in our room and about 3AM the loudest screeching noise started to come from the walls. The hotel must have a problem with the plumbing because from our room (235) the pipes in the walls whistled and screeched ALL NIGHT…from 3am until check out at 11am. When we complained about the noise we were told that they were sold out and they didn’t have any solution for the noise and they “didn’t know what we were talking about.” When we asked for a discount at check-out we were told “no” that is what you agreed to pay.
I was EXTREMELY unhappy with my stay with ABVI
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Monroe Palm Springs is ideally located within walking distance of the Designer District and only minutes from Downtown Palm Springs. Exciting Palm Springs has been a favorite getaway for celebrities and is rich with Hollywood History both past and present. A great destination for all and something to offer everyone including amazing World Class Golf Courses, Spas, Casinos, Nightlife, Celebrity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Fareportal , HotelsClick and Venere so you can book your The Monroe Palm Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.