“Run don't walk!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Monroe Palm Springs

You added The Monroe Palm Springs to your Saves list
The Monroe Palm Springs
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1900 N Palm Canyon Dr, Palm Springs, CA 92262 (Formerly Palm Springs Super 8 Lodge)   |
Ranked #32 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
Long Beach, California
“Run don't walk!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

This is the absolute worst place EVER!!!! I never felt so unsafe in my life! The police were there when my friend arrived and as I arrived they were coming again! DO NOT TAKE CHILDREN TO THIS PLACE!!! Being dirty was not as the worst part! I felt bad for the coach roaches that live there!!!! Please, if you value your family and their well being, do not stay in this dive with the rudest people in the office! Barbara and Peter need some PR skills! UNSAFE, DIRTY, RUDE!!! If there was way to give negative ratings, this would be a negative 100!!! So, Run, Don't Walk far away from this so called Inn!!!!

Room Tip: DON'T Go elsewhere
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

I booked a room online for the night of March 12, 2011. An hour later someone from the hotel called to say the online system was incorrect and that they were sold out. When my credit card statement came the next month, I was still charged for the room. I contacted them, but they claimed they weren't sold out that night and that I must have just forgotten that I booked the room. HA. I had to call about a dozen hotels that day to find another room because everywhere was sold out, so no I DID NOT FORGET and YES they were sold out.

I am now fighting the charge with my credit card company. BEWARE OF THIS PLACE!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Alta Loma, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

My husband and I stayed at a ABVI located at 1900 North Palm Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, CA, US 92262.

We will NEVER stay there or another ABVI again. It was an awful experience.
1. We requested non-smoking and although we were in a non-smoking room, it smelled like smoke, there were cigarette burns in the comforter and sheets, and it was surrounded by smoking rooms (what is the point of non-smoking).

2. Our reservation specified that our room would have a mini fridge- which it did not have. Also we were supposed to have "free wi-fi", again, this was NOT an amenity. Our reservation specified that our room would come with a microwave, and it did not.

3. The entire building including the rooms were dirty. There was a leak in the ceiling that they tried to paint over- I would be willing to bet that mold was growing in the walls.

4. The service was horrendous! The woman at the front desk “Barbara” absolutely REFUSED to let us check in at 2:30, because check-in time was 3pm. We asked housekeeping if there were rooms available, and they told us that there were plenty of rooms that were clean and ready for check-in. Instead, Barbara hung up on us when we called to see if we could check-in early and when we arrived at 2:30 she allowed a 7 month pregnant woman to stand in the lobby for 30 minutes because she had to make her point that check-in was 3pm. When we questioned her on the status of available and clean rooms, her response was “I don’t care, this is the rule and you are not special.” When I asked if I could speak with a supervisor she told me that she was the supervisor and the owner and that I was “out of luck.”

5. Lastly, as if our experience was not bad enough, we were in our room and about 3AM the loudest screeching noise started to come from the walls. The hotel must have a problem with the plumbing because from our room (235) the pipes in the walls whistled and screeched ALL NIGHT…from 3am until check out at 11am. When we complained about the noise we were told that they were sold out and they didn’t have any solution for the noise and they “didn’t know what we were talking about.” When we asked for a discount at check-out we were told “no” that is what you agreed to pay.

I was EXTREMELY unhappy with my stay with ABVI

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
carlsbad, california
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

when i arrived to check in, on a saturday, there was no one at the reception desk. i waited 5 minutes and went and found a maid cleaning a room and she had to look for the owner. when the owner arrived at the office she said she was doing laundry...they were short handed that day. it was 3 p.m. and i was told my room was not ready and would not be until after 4 p.m. she said i should go get something to eat and come back later to check in. after checking in, after 4 p.m., i decided to take a swim and relax in the hot tub. the pool was dirty.....garbage floating on the top of the water and in the bottom
of the pool. the pool was not heated !!! the hot tub water level was so low the jets were shooting water in your face when turned on. i complained and was told the pool was not heated and the pool man came on mondays only to clean the pool. went to find the ice machine and was told they didn't have one.....they had a small chest freezer that you had to lean into and scoop the exposed ice with an ice scoop laying on the ice.....very unsanitary !!!! and the towels were very scratchy......

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
buena park, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2009

Great place, Steve was so helpful and fun to be around. Will stay here over and over again!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2008

THE BEDS ARE HORRIBLE! It is clean, and decent for a cheap hotel... BUT THE BED!! Nothing says sleezy, slimy hotel like a thin, lumpy wafer of a bed. IT WAS TERRIBLE. I would suggest not staying here if you don't have to. In today's world, where all the hotels, even motels, are changing their beds... America's BVI - Palm Springs is missing the boat. Also the mattress cover was amazingly small for the bed, it came off while sleeping, and I found myself sleeping on the mattress directly!! GROSS!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tucson
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2008

For 69$, this should have been at least a decent stay (better than motel 6 or something) but this is one of the worst hotels I have been to. We're talking dirty.....I mean dirty. I was literally afraid to touch anything and I'm used to poor households, I know what I'm talking about but this place was the absolute pits. I seriously almost walked out...what a way to end a vacation.

So let me start by mentioning the good. I guess they must have been sitting on an OC12 backbone or something because their wireless was the best speed out of all the hotels I have been to and the complimentary breakfast included (probably) store bought yogurt but it all ends there.

The toilet was so dirty I was afraid to go #2, the bathtub was so dirty I didn't want to put my feet in it. The light over the sink was broken and busted plus you could literally see the mold and mildew on the walls in the bathroom. The bed sheets all had holes....yeah needless to say everything about it, even the [--] phone book was all ratty.

I guess I should have complained to management but I doubt it would have done any good besides I like to "tough it out" that way later I can mention this bad experience to other people and hopefully they learn from my mistake.

• Liked — the internet speed
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Monroe Palm Springs? Share your experiences!