“What a dump this place is” 1 of 5 stars

You added Desert Lodge to your Saves list
Desert Lodge
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1177 S. Palm Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, CA 92264   |
Ranked #67 of 70 Hotels in Palm Springs
“What a dump this place is”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

When we showed up, we were quoted a rate that was $20 higher than what we booked. The manager (I assume that's who we was from his grandiose attitude) was rude and condescending. The place appears great from the outside, but the rooms are dirty and not stocked well with basic necessities (towels, etc). Definitely would not stay here ever. The Motel 6 is a much better option.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Long Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Had a last minute job assignment in Palm Springs and because of some kind of an event, this was the only place I could find within my company's price range with a vacancy. I had heard that this place was not too great, but it was way beyond that expectation. First of all, the lobby where I checked in was full of cigarette smoke. My room on the other hand was terrible. The furniture looked as if it was picked up off the curve after a home owner disposed of it, the shower had mole, there was no heat and when I return from work the night before, the maid neglected to lock my door. Even thought I requested a no smoking room, the room still wreaked of stale tobacco. Rug in the room was well past replacement with tears and spots. Well, there is no breakfast, but there is working WiFi and Cable.
The pool and Jacuzzi did not look inviting and in my opinion this place should be bull dozed. I highly do not recommend this place. I will use Motel 6 next time I am in a bind for a room in Palm Springs.

Room Tip: Stay off the second floor...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Acton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We booked this hotel last minute through hotels.com. The rate was better than those other hotels in palm springs and we just needed a place to sleep. I was surprised that at that rate the room was well maintained and clean. It is probably due to the new management. They were very nice at the front desk and when we had a problem with the hot water they fixed it right away and I took the longest hot shower which was great! My husband also enjoyed the jacuzzi which was very clean. We were very happy and felt that we were treated with respect by the entire staff. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a poolside room it was very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

the room is clean large and comfortable freshly painted with the modern appliances I would recommend it to anyone. I found the motel to be very comfortable. the place is close to downtown about a mile with the typical free wifi and pool

• Stayed November 2013
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We booked the hotel last minute because of Memorial Weekend, everywhere else is above $200 even your cheap motel. This hell hole was charging $175 if you walk in that Fri.-Sun. The place looked pretty run down, paint is peeling off, writing on the walls, long hair in my bed, dirty bathtub, dingy carpet, phone, tv, lamp doesn't work, it probably has bed bugs. The internet didn't work, the people works there was high on meth, I saw a guy in front of my door for awhile, so I opened and asked "what are you doing", he got all defensive, so my internet was not fixed, through out the whole nite, I didn't have internet. The place smells like indian spices in a restaurant. I asked for the second key and the manager told me $10, and I said that the deposit and I'll get it back right? He said "NO". Later I asked one of the guy there, and he said thats the deposit, so I went down and told the Manager, he finally agreed to give me the key for free. So people stay away from this hell hole.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Regina, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Frankly - we elected not to stay. Went one block down and thank god the Best Western had a room left. It was better to pay twice then stay in this hell hole. BTW - my key wouldn't work. The manager came to help....when he finally got the door open a middle aged drunken gal staggered out of the room. The manager screamed at her asking for the key back. Stay clear of this place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Redding, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Let me count the ways:
1. No towels. When I asked for towels they did not have any. The manager said they would be sent to the room. I came back 2 hours later and he gave me one towel - there were two of us in the room and and I said I need two. So, he then told me he did not have anymore but I insisted so he gave me the "last towel". When I got to the room i realized one of the "towels" was actually a bath mat. Every towel, wash cloth, and mat have grease stains.
2. The bathroom was beyond abysmal. Mold on the ceiling, Dirty rags under the sink. Bathtub either filthy or stained beyond recognition. The toilet paper was one 1/4 roll and no more in the room. The water pressure was good and plenty of hot water though.
3. Bedspread had burn holes in it.
4. The room smelled horrible: smoke, mold, who knows?
5. Hot tub and pool were OK. The grounds look OK too. Don't let that fool you though.
6. Rooms have not been painted in at least one generation.
7. Our company paid $129 for this room!
8. A Motel 6 would be better and I hate M6.
9. There are some people saying here on weekly and longer rates. One person said they pay $350 per week. Hmm......

Believe the other negative reviews.

Room Tip: Find a room in another motel or hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Desert Lodge? Share your experiences!