“Awesome...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Palm Springs Resort

Save Saved
You added Hilton Palm Springs Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Palm Springs Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   400 East Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs, CA 92262-6605   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
THE GREAT SPA GIVEAWAY
Ranked #31 of 69 hotels in Palm Springs
London UK
“Awesome...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Have been staying here for around 17 years and the Hilton Palm Springs is like our second home. The staff here are exceptional in every way possible.The remodel is outstanding and we really like the new "hip trendy" feel. The restaurant has a trendy West Hollywood feel with an extensive wide menu. Do not waste your time staying anywhere else, The Hilton Rocks!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Shannon A, Rooms Director at Hilton Palm Springs Resort, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
"Awesome" works for us :) Thank you for the great review. We are delighted with the renovation and love the feedback we have been receiving. Start planning your return trip soon!

554 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Korean first
Moreno Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We were here last year And I reviewed it as being old and tired I believe. Well they went and redid the place. It's really nice and quite up to date. The bed was awesome, the room beautiful, with a hidden fridge, a coffee maker a big screen TV. A nice pool view balcony. all in all it was great. oh and the service by the pool was awesome. they deliver drink and food right to you. The food was great from all 3 places in the resort. My hats off to the Hilton people on a job well done. I was actually not looking forward to going this year but after this trip can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view you wont regret it.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for the great review! The entire staff had fun in creating the new design and love to hear feedback from our guests. I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay and look forward to your next visit.
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The only reason they didn't get an excellent is because at the end of my trip when the valet driver brought my car, he just left the car with the trunk open and was gone...nowhere to be found. I, being a woman alone, had to put the bags in the car myself, which I'm fine doing if I hadn't just paid $22 a night for valet parking. A little help would've been nice. Otherwise, I really liked the hotel and would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Ontario, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

First and foremost the renovation was lovely rooms were clean, bed comfortable. We have been staying at The Hilton in Palm Springs for at least 12 years or longer, on occasion we have strayed to some of the other hotels but by popular demand we have always (every year) been faithful to book at The Hilton for our women's weekend getaway (even if we have to pay a lot more than we would at the other hotels). In the past we were actually treated like adults, that is Until 2013. The front desk personnel upon checking in was very pleasant and helpful, we did not expect our rooms to actually be ready because we arrived a bit early but to our delight they were. Hattie the pool attendant has been there for years and it is always so nice to see her. I know just by mingling with the other hotel guest at the pool that everyone really appreciates how hard she works and how loyal she is to Hilton Hotel by how she pampers their guest. After a day of enjoying the pool we were approached by a gentleman that wore a shirt and tie I believe that his shift must of started about 4 PM or 5 PM because we did not see him all day. Without introducing himself he informed us that although he had not received any complaints about our radio that they were not allowed. Point taken. You do have music stream coming through outside but when there are so many people in the pool talking and kids playing you cannot hear the music the hotel provides unless you walk to the outside restroom. Yes all the adults were singing to a Janis Joplin song that came on the radio and we were all a little loud at that time. But it was clean fun. I do not play explicit music because I know children are at the pool. He said that there was a complaint about cussing by someone. I am not sure what he was referring to but he directed that to us when there was a party of 70 people in the pool next to us. After gathering all our belongings and picking up. every bit of trash or dirty towels that we used about 7 PM we headed for our rooms. When we arrived we noticed that our food in the refrigerator was hot so we called the front desk and politely informed whoever answered the phone that our refrigerator was not working, his reply was "it is not a refrigerator it is a cooler" Out of embarrassment I hung up then I called back because whether it is a refrigerator or cooler it should work! It did not! They did send someone with a different COOLER that really did not work either. Knock on the door we happened to be resting opened the door and we were told by the same gentleman from the pool who said I know it is only 7 PM but there has been a complaint you are being too loud " Not us sir must be next door" he walked over to our other room and said " this is your first and last warning next time you will be evicted" I followed into the room and found that it. was an adult having a conversation on her cell phone my daughter on the balcony with her friend I am not sure where the noise was coming from but we just had gotten to the rooms. He also said that front desk was calling and they were so loud that no one could hear the phone to answer it. After investigating front desk discovered that the phone lines were crossed and the phones were not working. I did notice loud noise from across the hall but it was 7 PM.
That was Friday now it is Saturday 150 people at the pool here comes the gentleman straight to us, "Is this your water you can't have this here at the edge of the pool" Over 100 degrees outside can't have water glasses by the pool? Shocked by this gentleman we immediately got out of pool and picked anything we were drinking out of. We asked him why if everyone he walked by had items they were drinking at that side of the pool were not confronted but we were being singled out. He proceeded to go to Hattie and instruct her to get a trash bag and pick up all the cups of water and a ashtray that we were using to smoke outside off the pool. If this gentleman was so concerned about the danger of water cups around the pool then why did he not get a trash bag and pick up the hazard instead of running over to Hattie who was attending to your hotel guest to pick up the items around the pool. We are adults we pick up after ourselves which we did.
It deeply saddens me to not want to return to The Hilton Palm Springs since it has been somewhat of a tradition of having enjoyed ourselves sooooo much in the past to looking forward to our next trip just as soon as we left but since this trip, as long as that gentleman is part of the Hilton family we will not return. I tell you that gentleman was the joke among all your guest because they were very sympathetic to having witnessed his behavior towards us

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you ran into some challenges during your stay. We endeavor to create the perfect experience for all of our guests and I will discuss this incident with our Executive team. I sincerely hope this one experience in over 12 years will not deter you from returning. Our staff looks forward to seeing you all again.
San Diego, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I booked the Hilton last minute on Saturday, Labor Day weekend. Got a pretty good deal through a travel site I used. I was worried about their check in being at 4pm since I had to be out of the hotel I stayed in Friday at noon. I called that morning at 9am to get put on the early check in list, packed my things, and went to the pool. I got a call at 11:30 that my room was ready, I was EXTREMELY pleased that worked out the way it did- it really made a huge difference in my trip and turned what could have been a disjointed and annoying day into another perfect day in Palm Springs. I just threw my stuff in the car, checked in, and was having lunch poolside at the Hilton within an hour.

When I got to the pool, since it was a holiday weekend and a little later in the day, I found that all of the chairs were taken. Look for Hattie! She kindly will take the task of monitoring chairs that people are leaving and will COMPLETELY set you up with chairs, towels, and a cocktail table as soon as they're ready. Of course remember cash for tips :)

The next morning, I tried to look for a latte and was informed this is a drip-only facility... their coffee situation was comprised of a tray with two of those archaic DIY insulated pump-dispensers. Kinda disappointing for a $250+ a night hotel room.

Don't get taken on the parking...there are free spots all around the block that are closer than most of the self park and valet spots.

Room Tip: Don't bother with breakfast here, and get to the pool before 9am!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Shannon A, Rooms Director at Hilton Palm Springs Resort, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
So sorry about the lack of latte's. We usually have them available for order, unfortunately our machine was being repaired during your stay. It will be up and running again soon! Thank you for your kind words about Hattie, she is a wonderful team member and will love to hear your feedback. Also, our in-room coffee program is going to be changing very soon, look for Coffee Bean in the near future! I hope we see you again soon.
Sierra Madre, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The young latina manager that helped us check-in Friday 5/24/2013 was awesome! (I refer to her race to help identify her for recognition as I don't remember her name). As we had our dogs with us, she very kindly had a bellman show an alternate room that turned out to be perfect! A young male that was working with her was also efficient and helpful working with others.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you so much for the personal "shout-out" to one of our managers. Claudia is an exceptional team member and has been part of our Hilton Palm Springs family for over 7 years. I will pass on your kind words to both her and our General Manager. We truly appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Pleased by the quality of our poolside room and comfortable bed. Don't bother with breakfast here as far better restaurants are within walking distance. Free street parking is abundant and saves you up to $22 a night.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Been to Hilton Palm Springs Resort? Share your experiences!