“If you like no power in your room and 300 high school kids, stay here. Nightmare trip.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Palm Springs Resort

You added Hilton Palm Springs Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Palm Springs Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   400 East Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs, CA 92262-6605   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast & Wi-Fi Package
Ranked #30 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
Southern CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

I am at this hotel right now, it is Tuesday June 21, 5PM.

Upon arrival last night, we checked in and unpacked all of our stuff. While unpacking a note was slipped under our door to say there would be no power in the rooms for part of the day. Great, they could have tole me that before I checked in, or when I called to confirm the stay both times. They could have also told me that there was a group of high school students (300) having a 3 day event here. But, of course not a word was said.

It was loud and noisy, and at 11 PM it was still going on all over the hotel. When we went to lay down, I found tons of long black hair on the bed, and blood stains. Yes, blood stains. I called the front desk, and they could have cared less. I went down to the front desk to ask them to clean it up and to talk to the manager, and I was told the manager would get back to me. I asked the managers name, and the girl I was talking to looked to her left and said his name is Daniel. Well well, there was Daniel. Sat there the whole time without saying anything. I talked about the large group of loud kids, the bed and the power. Sorry is what I got. I demanded that the bed be changed, and I needed it now. We waited around, it was about an hour when it was finally done.

This morning, I called and asked to speak with the Hotel Manager. I was told "Cherry" was the hotel manager. I spoke to her. I asked for a refund for today, or to be moved to another hotel. I was refused both. I was given a standard hotel breakfast coupon and waived my parking fee.
I was also offered another night to come back, and I declined. I don't travel this far for just one night and that didn't save this trip. We should have been moved, because its only fair and just. They refused to pay for it.

Today since we couldn't stay in the room because of the power outage, we spent the afternoon by the pool, with a couple hundred kids. They went unchecked, and uncontrolled. I ended up screaming at some kid, for smacking me in the face because they were acting so wild. The water was hideously cloudy and it was obvious that no one was leaving to use the restroom. The pool is VERY small for the amount of guests it was servicing.

In conclusion:

The Hilton does not feel it needs to inform its guests of anything that is going on at the hotel, so that they may decide for themselves. 300 kids with a couple Chaperones at this hotel = spring break

Since I paid through a third party vendor they would not move us, I do not see what difference that makes.

I did get a good deal, but I should be treated the same as anyone else.

I should have been notified about the power outage, so again I could decide for myself.

The bed issue was just disgusting.

Hilton dropped the ball and this Resort is FAR from the 4 star resort it totes itself to be.
It was wrong what they did by not moving us, and by not informing us, and treating us different because we got a good deal. I didnt even begin to talk about the ripped wallpaper, the dirty carpet, the cabinets that are falling off the hinges and the stained furniture. Those things are nothing compared to the above.

Room Tip: Ask for a groud floor.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
HiltonPS, Rooms Director at Hilton Palm Springs Resort, responded to this review, July 12, 2011
I apologize that you encountered some issues during your stay. I know that you spoke with two of our managers addressing these issues and had been extended several courtesies including a future offer should you return. All items noted have been fully investigated and I am thankful that even though we were given last minute notice of an emergency power outtage by the electricity company (including several surrounding blocks) this outtage never actually occurred. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Korean first
Woodland Hills, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

Recently stayed at the palm springs Hilton hotel across from spa casino and within two minutes of opening the sheets I found a living adult 5mm bed bug screamed and urgently called the front desk whom showed up 30 minutes later with a twin cot after discovering two younger staged bugs within the headboard??? actually thought I would stay in the same room eventually told us that we could have another room which since it was already 1030pm and the neighboring properties had been fully booked had to be forced now I have thrown out all my clothes and hoping none somehow hitch a ride back to my home. Very Horrible experience and the customer service was just as bad. Would have rather stayed at a vagabond inn in Compton.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
HiltonPS, Rooms Director at Hilton Palm Springs Resort, responded to this review, June 29, 2011
I apologize that you encountered a pest issue in your room. While this must have been disconcerting, I assure you that you did not have any bed bugs in your room. I hope you return to us in the future. Please contact me directly and I will handle your details personally. We look forward to seeing you again.
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

The pool is small and not updated. The restaurant overpriced and nothing special. The rooms are comfortable and big. The front desk staff was friendly. Price over the top but my biggest disappointment was with the Elements Spa. I booked a body scrub, a manicure and an eyebrow waxing. The girl who did my eyebrow waxing was not very friendly and ended up burning me in 5 different spots around my eyes. Next day I looked like I was in a boxing match with burns all over the area around my eyes. I do waxing all the time and this has never happened. I called the spa and sent photos and they said they were sorry but couldn’t reimburse me the treatment fee I paid because it would not fair with the other estheticians who did a good job. She offered to give me a spa voucher or a room voucher for a next stay. I chose the room voucher but has never received anything a month later. I emailed the Spa and got no response. This is unacceptable for a high end spa and hotel like the Hilton. I understand mistakes happen but that is when you take care of your customer so reviews like that don’t get in the web. I saved the bad review until now that nothing has been done to make up for my bad treatment.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
I apologize for the situation you encountered and subsequent confusion. The spa did not charge you for the waxing service and I know you have been in recent contact with the Spa Director. We have not encountered any issues before with our spa treatments and are happy to have been given the opportunity to turn this around for you. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

Great location in the heart of everything. Big pool and pool terrace and lucky for me not crowded during my stay. All the staff I met were kind and helpful, especially at the pool – THANK YOU. Large, comfortable rooms and nice to walk right out to the garden and pool. Two blocks to the Thursday night Street Party. We would definitely recommend and return.

Room Tip: Stay Mon to Fri
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
I am happy to hear that you had such a great experience. Thank you for sharing! We hope to see you again soon.
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

I stayed in the Hilton for 5 nights. What a wonderful place. Rooms were great, staff was outstanding, and that interior courtyard/pool area is spectacular. How beautiful and well manicured the grounds were. Can't wait to go back! Everyone looking for a place in Palm Springs to stay should stay here.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for the amazing review! We hope to see you again soon.
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

Yes, this is an older hotel but everything in Palm Springs is older. The staff was EXCELLENT! We did have a few issues that were resolved in less than 5 minutes! We stayed over Memorial Day Weekend and had the best time. The Sunday Brunch was outstanding, the Saturday BBQ was so-so. Because the hotel was full, they had contract Security Guards to keep things under control. Two of the nicest women, knew the hotel rules, enforced the hotel rules but still interacted with the guests. All in all a great weekend with great staff and service but I have always found that Hilton hotels and staff are the best!

Room Tip: The best rooms are bottom floor overlooking pool
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
We really appreciate your feedback. I am happy to hear that you had such a positive experience and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Southampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011 via mobile

A nice hotel in a great location. We have been coming here for 10 years or more and have recommended to friends and family who have also stayed and enjoyed. The grounds are well kept. The staff generally helpful. We always chose a alcove room (aka jnr suite) for the added space and convenience. So we had no surprises when we arrived at 3:15. Our allotted room was not ready. We were offered alternatives with no views. We were in the room by 4:25 though. The staff were apologetic. The room was as expected but I have to say, a little tired maybe? Some mould around the tub. A few hairs that didn't belong. Nothing serious. The old school CRT TV worked but it's a dinosaur in this age. The pool was cloudy and oily after a weekend party we hear but all was made good the next day. Hattie took wonderful care of us around the pool - as always. Always happy. So we had a nice 5 days. We will be back to PS. We will certainly want to come to the Hilton again. We'll take a close look at the alternatives though.

• Stayed May 2011
Thank you for making Hilton Palm Springs your choice each time you visit the desert. We appreciate your continued loyalty and I assure you that your comments are greatly valued. Please contact me directly when booking your next stay, I will personally handle the details and ensure a fantastic experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Been to Hilton Palm Springs Resort? Share your experiences!