“Excellent!! Want to go back!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Desert Riviera Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Palm Springs
Desert Riviera Hotel
Save Saved
You added Desert Riviera Hotel to your Saves list
610 E Palm Canyon Dr, Palm Springs, CA 92264   |
Ranked #2 of 69 Hotels in Palm Springs
“Excellent!! Want to go back!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I stayed here in June 2011 (only just started writing TA reviews!) with 3 friends and we booked the only double room they had which was clean, comfy and well equipped (goodie basket was much appreciated!)
We had just come from Vegas so was looking forward to a bit of R&R and we certainly found it!
We were greeted with either a cold beer or glass of wine, then treated to a limo ride to go and get more beers to have around the pool area and then supplied with information around take outs and breakfast eateries.
We only stayed one night as we were already booked to carry on to San Diego but we wished that we had stayed longer.
We didnt leave straight after check out, they allowed us to stay and sun bathe and use a room in the back to freshen up before our journey which we were thankful for.
The hotel offers free wifi and free long distance phone calls which was a nice touch.

The owners are amazing, its like a home away from home!!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I want to go so bad...!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stayed here in August of 2012 for only two nights, but it was by far the best hotel experience I have ever had. When we checked in we were immediately offered an ice cold beer (perfect since it was the middle of a heat wave!). Our room was the smallest one, but it was still amazing! It was beautifully decorated and included a full complimentary gift basket of goodies. The pool was the best part. It was very quiet and relaxing and we happily took advantage of the complimentary sunscreen. The pool was even more special at night where little candle-type lights were carefully placed everywhere. I could not find fault with this hotel if I wanted. The service was amazing, the staff were lovely, and the property looks like it is out of a magazine. The price is also extremely reasonable and I hope they continue to keep it that way so I can plan to return soon.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is my favorite place to stay in PS hands down. It's a charming property with comfortable, immaculate rooms and a fabulous pool that's always the perfect temperature. The owners are amazing and do everything they can to make you feel like a welcome guest in their home. They provide so many complimentary extras for you like bikes, sunscreen, snacks, drinks, a grill to cook on, DVDs, books, etc. and all at a very reasonable price. The only caveat I would give is it's off of a main street so there can be a little bit of street noise. It doesn't bother me but I know some people can be sensitive to that. Even with that small issue, I walk away from my weekends there relaxed and dying to book my next stay. I occasionally try other hotels but this is the one I keep coming back to.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Dec 08, 2012 Had a great stay for one night in the VIP room off the lobby. Judy was a wonderful hostess. Loved that snacks, water, sodas were complimentary in the room. This is service the way it should be. Nice fire pit and candles around the pool at night made it so relaxing. Went to the Palm Springs Follies, it was a great show.
We'll certainly return!

• Stayed December 2012
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This hotel really does live up to all the expectations we had after reading previous reviews.
The attention to detail is quite remarkable and Larry makes you most welcome on arrival. Judy is a star and so hospitable. Everything just works together to make this the ideal place for relaxing from the immaculate rooms and grounds to the lovely heated pool. It is all beautifully lit in the evening and the fire pit is a great setting for meeting other guests.
We adjusted our plans and stayed for an extra night and are already planning a return visit.

Mountlake Terr., WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

After spending 3 weeks at the Desert Riviera my husband and I highly recommend it. Everything was first class all the way. We will most definitely go back again, for hopefully a month.
The pool area including the fire pit were unbelievable.
Last but not least Judi, Patti, Larry, Jay and Traci couldn't have been better hosts.
Loved the new limo!!!
Mac and Helen, Seattle, WA

Oud-Turnhout, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I had a few hotels on my mind for my trip to Palm Springs but I'm glad i stayed here. Good vibe, friendly staff. Firepit and pool at night are nice. Rooms are very clean.
Lost my camera memory stick at the place and it was returned after a day or two, cool.
There's some traffic during the day but it didn't bother me, normally I'm very sensitive with noise. I extended my stay with two more days. There's a lot to see: beautiful mid-century houses, Indian Canyons, Aerial Tramway & Jacinto Mountains, Joshua Tree Parks,...
Good vegetarian restaurants too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Desert Riviera Hotel? Share your experiences!