“Palm Spring's Hidden Gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Desert Riviera Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Palm Springs
Desert Riviera Hotel
You added Desert Riviera Hotel to your Saves list
610 E Palm Canyon Dr, Palm Springs, CA 92264   |
Ranked #1 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
San Diego, California
“Palm Spring's Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I actually hope too many people DON'T read this, because I have a feeling I may have a hard time reserving a room when I want to return to this hotel with my husband! Majority of guests are repeat guests here, and that fact alone speaks for itself when it comes to quality, cleanliness and personal attention. For these owners, it's not about making a dollar off every bottle of water, or bag of M&M's - it's about meeting travelers, sharing stories, and genuinely ensuring their guests have the best experience possible. The property is run by a close-knit family who is welcoming and friendly. The layout of the hotel is inviting, the rooms surround a beautiful pool and garden - encouraging guests to socialize and relax. I had a lovely experience, Judy was great with recommending restaurants and things to do around town. I am already planning my trip back! Thank you Judy, Larry and Jay for being fantastic hosts - and Barry and Terry, it was a great pleasure to meet you both.
Love, Julie and Marilyn

Room Tip: Rooms have a kitchenette! Bring your wine and cheese!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed at the Desert Riviera in August, in the middle of a heat wave (even for them). I can't think of a better place to be. It was immaculately clean, calm, and cool.
First of all, the service was beyond great. Judy, Steve (?), their daughter whose name I didn't catch, and Lucy the niece were welcoming and accomodating. Lucy met us with a couple of glasses of Chardonnay ready, very welcome after a drive from LA. They have menus for a ton of restaurants right in their lobby and are ready to help with anything.
Our room was spotless and cool. I really appreciated the tile floors--I can't stand hotel carpet (gross) especially in hot places. It was a big room with a separate kitchenette, an eating area with a tulip table, and a well separated and decently sized bathroom with a shower (no tub but who cares).
Our room opened up to the beautiful, never full pool, and garden. I loved swimming at night smelling the lovely jasmine that was in front of our room, and watching the hummingbirds by day. It's amazing how cool the courtyard/pool area was, because as soon as we stepped out I felt assaulted by heat.
The hotel pool area is not a "scene" --it's really low-key and relaxed and quiet, which is exactly what we wanted. If we wanted a scene, we could head uptown and check out the stores and restaurants and more, and then come back to peace and quiet at the hotel.
My husband and I both heartily recommend this place. Amazing.

Room Tip: I think rooms 1-7, and then 9-10 open onto the pool area.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

It's an amazing experience to stay here. The subtle beauty and attention to detail made me feel like I was entering another world. Both indoors and outdoors, the aesthetics and cleanliness are really uplifting. Somehow they've achieved a unique blend of respectful privacy and welcoming friendliness, and you feel you're staying someplace very special. The pool and surrounding gardens are beautiful enough be a movie set, and at night votive candles sparkle throughout the patio. It seemed more like I was staying at a friend's place than at a hotel, and I can't say I've ever felt that way about a hotel before!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

It’s been a great experience staying in Desert Riviera, with great artwork and nice spacious rooms... I would recommend it best for frequent travelers and value for money. The food quality is too good with a variety of south Indian and north Indian blend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We arrived late in the evening on a Friday night. The hotel was nice enough to leave the lights on for us. We were greeted with hot coffee in the lobby and a basket of goodies in our room. There are also cold drinks in the fridge. You feel welcome right away. The room is very clean and spacious. The layout feels more like a studio apartment than a hotel room which makes you feel instantly relaxed and at home. The pool area is gorgeously set in a way that you can mingle with other guests or find your own private space. You can swim any time you want ......because it's ADULTS only!!!! Yay!!!! That is the best part. The courtyard is beautiful with greenery, flowers, and hummingbirds. When we checked out we booked our next stay. I'm looking forward to going back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Orange, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

It has the most beautiful lush surroundings around. Everything was so clean and the gardens were meticulous. The room was spacious and decorated so nice with the mid century feel. That is what I look for in a room. My sister and I loved it. Can't wait to go back ASAP!
Nancy and Jane

Room Tip: We stayed in room #10. It was on the end and had a large window onto a private garden area. So Nice!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

These guys set the standard for the rest and relaxation. Wonderful people! What a great place to relax and enjoy! Rooms come with a blender and they even little umbrellas for your drinks. We love the summer in Palm Springs - the pool is cool and the evenings are great.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Desert Riviera Hotel? Share your experiences!