“Turned out to be our favorite” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Copleys On Palm Canyon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 262 restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Betweem Alejo & Tamarisk
Description: Copley’s on Palm Canyon is an award-winning restaurant serving upscale American cuisine infused with traces of tropical and European flavors. Located in part of the former Cary Grant estate, guests may experience a sense of nostalgia while dining outside on the patio with stunning mountain views or enjoying the inviting atmosphere indoors. Executive Chef Andrew Copley has an extensive 20-year culinary background at five-star restaurants and hotels across the world and is known for innovative dishes.
Austin, Texas
“Turned out to be our favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Coming off our dinner at Spencer'e the night before, we did not expect to be wowed. Reservation @ 7pm, and given our choice of romantic tables by the maître d. He really made us feel welcome and frequently checked on us and all the quests. The surrounding were nice, but not Spencer's, but more on that latter. Our waiter, Jason Z was fantastic. Great recommendation for food. Let us try some wines before ordering and he nailed the the food/wine pairings. The food, apps are fantastic, eclectic and beautiful. The entree's also the best in the valley. Great presentation and the great food, are often tough to find, but the chef here knows what he is doing. Now the desserts, wow again. Too beautiful to eat, but okay, lets get real. Now back to the ambiance. When the suns up, it quaint and nice. After dark, you are sitting in the most beautiful garden party setting with the very best food found in Palm Springs. A Real treat, even for well travelled people like ourselves. One of our favorites in the world, thanks to Jason, the Chef and the Matre D.

Visited June 2013

83% Recommend
Fullerton, California
“Perfect Setting, Imperfect Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

My Partner and I enjoy finding those hidden gems..restaurants that leave you wanting for the next time, but satisfied enough to tie the bridge of time between visits. We were in Palm Springs for the weekend, looking for such a place and after having enormous luck with Matchbox thought we'd continue our adventures at Copley's.

We pulled up to Valet (the only option in the small front lot) and entered into a stunning setting...but not before watching the young valet tear off in my car into a dirt parking lot on the side. I don't like Valet given a history of bad luck and felt a trickle of sweat on my brow as the wannabe Indy driver took my very new ride for a spin.

Anyway, I digress...back to the restaurant. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful environment..seriously. We walked into a courtyard that had tons of personality and ambiance. We were prepared to fall for this place on location alone.

We didn't have a reservation and the outdoor area (which is the bulk of the seating) had many tables available, but sadly we were told that we had to wait an hour or sit inside. We were hungry and figured with an outside as nice as this the inside would be equally charming.

We were taken to a fairly large room that only had a couple tables (we guessed that many tables during great weather are moved outside) and were sat with a delightful view of the restroom.

Thankfully our table was next to a window that we opened into the courtyard allowing us to focus on more than just the restroom traffic.

Our waiter eventually arrived..we ordered a bottle of wine, a wedge salad and a specialty salad (can't remember what it was)...warm delicious bread was brought to the table and we sat and watched the outdoor tables remain empty for the next 30 minutes. Wine open, salads served, my partner dug into his wedge salad only to find it warm with limp lettuce. WT.....? We went through the bread and drank wine and then....waited....and waited....and waited. We were not offered more bread and just sat wondering if we had been forgotten.

At the price point we were going to pay, I decided after my first glass of wine to find the Manager. We asked if our table was going to receive further service. He was very apologetic and said he would come to our table to discuss. So, I went back and waited some more. When the Manager finally made his way over he apologized again. We were kind of done at that point so we asked for our entrees to be cancelled and requested the check.

Instead of applying the basic principles of service recovery, we walked out of there with a $50 dollar bill and nothing to show for it. Yes, the Manager comped the salads, but we think it would have been more meaningful to have moved us outside immediately with other comps to make up for the poor experience.

Unfortunately, we will not be back given there are so many other options to choose from. I mentioned Matchbox...Trios is also amazing.

Anyway, I hope for others sake it was just an off night.

Happy Eating!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Palm Springs, California
“Lovely setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Situated off the street, the patio is more like a beautiful private lawn (sadly complete with flies!)
We went during Restaurant Week. We found their menu choices very pleasing for this event, where some places skimp. My husband had the first course ravioli and as another reviewer said, his plate was radiating heat and was untouchable. Seriously! It did taste great though. I had the off menu offering of cold leek soup which was delicious. We each had fish entrees, salmon(medium) and halibut. Both nice servings. My husband had a generous glass of sparkling wine and I opted for a virgin version of a cucumber bar drink which they deeply discounted (nice touch!) I love their dessert of homemade basil ice cream with lavender pound cake. So creative!
Our waiter was exceptional
In early summer the outdoors can be lovely on the patio under fans. Our under the trees if there is an evening breeze. We were bothered by flies because our table did not have any air circulating around it, I think

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Mateo, California
“Absolutely delicious and beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

what a lovely restaurant, loved sitting outside for dinner. The food was really good, not one of those places with big plates and nothing on them, you leave full and satisfied!

Visited May 2013
Boston, MA
“It was just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were there for restaurant week which was a bargain at $38 for three courses. My first course - mushroom ravioli - was great both in taste and presentation. But it is served in a bowl that is so hot you can't touch it and throws a lot of heat off which is not enjoyable when sitting outside in over 100 temp. I had the nightly special of ahi tuna and it was unimaginable with a lot of fat in the tuna which I hate. Desserts were good but nothing special. Our waitress was weak and not attentive - the person who did the waters was way better than the main server. The place is cool in that it was Cary Grants guest house but I would not return here.

• Visited June 2013