“Unorganized and tried to rip us off!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs

You added Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs to your Saves list
Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   150 South Indian Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, CA 92262 (Formerly Zoso Hotel)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
BOOK DIRECT - LOWEST RATE
Ranked #46 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
“Unorganized and tried to rip us off!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

We had booked a suite a month before and when we got here they told us they upgraded us to another room. The room they gave us was a down grade from the original and they were charging us the same price? We waited for 2 hours for them to give us the right room. Don't stay here!!

• Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Staff was great! Very accommodating. Matt was so helpful and kind!!! The negative was the restaurant. It won't last long in California! I saw few people in that restaurant. The menu is very limiting was not inclusive for vegetarians and gluten free diners. It actually was quite depressing. We drank in the restaurant but nothing looked appealing on the menu. There are many lovely restaurants in the area to choose from.

• Stayed December 2014
Love_All_PS, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Hi there, thank you so much for taking the time to post! We've let our restaurant team know and they are always adding new and interesting things to the menu... hopefully some items that will be Vegan and Gluten free! Hope you have a wonderful holiday!
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I travelled to Palm Springs for the first time to attend my friend's wedding. He and his partner had a room block at The Hard Rock, a Cabaret Night event, and a Pool Party event all at this hotel. The room was comfortable and well maintained. The events that were held at the hotel were also well done and lots of fun. The rental car desk in the lobby was a bit of a disappointment with disappearing staff but we took advantage of the hotel's shuttle and rented a car from the airport after having wasted time on a rental car desk agent who vanished.
Our room was paid by the wedding couple for three of our four nights and I found an amazing deal on line which allowed us to extend our stay to rest after the eventful wedding weekend.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
We are so glad we could make your visit memorable! We hope you come back and see us again soon!
CALGARY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

great hotel would stay again staff is great close to shopping and resteraunts nice pool airport is 10 minies away have to try the burger resteraunt across street very clean and comfortable this hotel has resort fees check before booking

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Love_All_PS, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hello Joe!
Thanks for taking the time to post! Hope to see you back here soon!
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was visiting Palm Springs with a friend for the first time and someone told me to stay at the Hard Rock because it was new and right in downtown. I booked a King room online and paid in advance. We arrived and had some trouble getting to the valet as the hotel was having the trees trimmed and no one was available to guide us in until the tree trimmer came down and directed us. All the valets were great thought once we got it. We checked in with Gabe whom was very nice and pleasant. When we got to our room though it was a two queen room instead of the King we had booked. We called down to the front desk. Shawna said she would move us and brought the key to us and actually upgraded us to a pool view room; I thought great customer service! We unpacked and settle and wanted to use the fridge to place some OJ we had purchased. Upon opening the fridge we found left overs wrapped in tin foil. I have to be honest...this had me now questioning the cleanliness of the whole room. We found a hotel staff member in the hall and let them know...his main concern seemed to be to check the mini bar more than there were left overs that should have been found. We returned to the hotel around 10:30pm hungry as most restaurants in PS were already closed. We tried to use the wifi to find something to eat, but wifi in the room did not work at all. The hotel suggested we order from a pizzeria close by that would deliver. We order 8 wings and small pizza. When they arrived they charged $40.00. We checked the menu and turns out they over charged us by $15.00, but were nice enough to come back with our money once we called and explained the situation. Now we are ready to sleep. We didn't notice when we checked in (because we didn't nap), but the King bed had the worst dip in the middle of it. We would both lay on each side and literally roll into the middle. We couldn't lay in the middle together because we both just sagged into each other. We ended up putting pillows in the center to counter the dip, but we definitely lost sleep and the romanticism of the trip. Upon checking out we were told that we were given a $25.00 food credit because of the food mix up (supposedly, we were supposed to be notified the night before). We decided to take advantage and eat breakfast at the hotel. The guy at the door said breakfast was amazing. It wasn't amazing, it wasn't even good and my friend sent his whole breakfast back. The eggs were under cooked and runny. The potatoes were too salty. The best part was the coffee and toast! Jesse, the waiter was so sweet though and offered to get us anything else he could. He really did go out of his way to make the situation better. Then he let Mikey Low, the food & beverage manager, know of our situation. Mikey came over and talked to us for a long time...all of of sudden he said "wait, are you room 323"? We said, "yeah"? Turns out he went up to inspect the fridge for us and make sure there was nothing else in there. Mikey was great and took care of our whole food bill for us.
Let me say: some many things were a miss here, but the staff at the Hard Rock Palm Springs went out of their way to correct things and make the trip as best for us as they could. Thank you Mikey, Shawna and Jesse - you excel at your customer service, friendliness and willingness to be a not so great situation turn into nothing but laughs!!!! This trip will be forever remembered as 323. We would come back, but maybe just not to room 323.

Room Tip: Get a pool view room on the same side as 323 so you can see the pool and the mountains!
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Our family spent Thanksgiving at the Hard Rock, and the entire visit was awesome! The location is great and walking distance to everything. The weather was perfect to enjoy the lovely pool. Kyle and his staff were amazing... They were super friendly and provided superior customer service. We had a meal at their restaurant ... The staff were attentive and so personal and the food was yummy. We highly recommend the hotel and look forward to our next visit

• Stayed November 2014
Love_All_PS, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Glad you had a wonderful time! Come back again soon!
Covina, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My trip to Palm Springs starting off very rough. I had a terrible experience with Expedia. I ended up on the phone with them for 3 hours. I spoke to 7 different people, left on hold, hung up on, blind transferred, etc. At the end of it they were unable to find me accomadations for Friday night so I had to find something on my own. However, on Saturday I arrived at the Hard Rock. I accidently parked in what I thougt was self parking but turned out to be the underground "valet only" garage (valet is included in the resort fee). I was a little lost when I ran into Kyle. Kyle is an agent at the front desk and just happened to be in the parking garage. He asked if he could help me as I apparently looked lost. He kindly informed me that I parked my car in the valet area but offerred to drive me back up to the entrance to the hotel. He helped me with my bags and also checked me in. I told him about my terrible experience with Expedia and he was able to check me in early and also upgraded my room to a beautiful pool/mountain view room! He definitely help turn a bad trip into a great one.

Kyle was awesome but he wasn't the only one who provided great service. Chantel at the front desk was also very helpful when my bags were misplaced. Also, I had dinner at the restaurant/bar in the hotel called Simons on both Friday and Saturday. Chrissy the bartender was awesome! She was very friendly and has a great sense of humor. Jacob the restaurant manager was also very friendly and accomodating. I was traveling alone but the staff here made me feel very welcomed and I enjoyed every minute of my stay here. They definitely helped make my trip 100% better after a rough start. Anytime I go back to Palm Springs I will without a doubt be staying at the Hard Rock.

Room Tip: If possible get a room with a pool/mountain view unless you like to sleep in really late on the week...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Love_All_PS, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Jennifer, thank you so much for taking the time to post about your stay (sorry it wasn't tip-top from the beginning) but we're glad we could right some of the wrongs and make sure you had a great time! Come back again soon!

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs? Share your experiences!