“not a real Hard Rock hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs

Save Saved
You added Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs to your Saves list
Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   150 South Indian Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, CA 92262 (Formerly Zoso Hotel)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
BOOK DIRECT - LOWEST RATE
Ranked #42 of 69 hotels in Palm Springs
Palm Springs
“not a real Hard Rock hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I have stayed at Hard Rock hotels in other locations and the one in Palm Springs does not live up to the hype. There are several problems with this hotel. It looks like a mediocre hotel was purchased, some Hard Rock trade dress added on and now its called a Hard Rock hotel. This is not a real hard Rock Hotel. We reserved 2 rooms with a patio to the pool and requested "early " check-in at 1pm. We got there at 2pm and our rooms were not ready. They made us wait until 3:30pm to get our rooms. We waited at the lobby bar and patiently watched a game until they called us. There was nobody behind the bar to serve us so we had to constantly go to the restaurant and order a drink and walk back each time.

At 3:30 they finally called us to say the rooms are ready. They gave us one patio room and a second room which was incorrect. I had to call the manager to get this fixed and they had screwed up booking so there was no second patio room available.

The room I stayed in was their most expensive room but it was not impressive at all. I could have just stayed at Best Western and gotten the same type of room. Sure it had some Hard Rock decorations but that's about it.

The mattress was old and was not comfortable. The pillows were small and also not comfortable. It was an overall very disappointing experience. So disappointing that I had to write this review. Save your money and stay anywhere but Hard Rock in Palm Springs. Other Hard Rock Hotels are nice but not the one in Palm Springs

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

348 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Santa Monica
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

If you are planning to be drunk all weekend long and don't care about a filthy pool, poor service and no amenities come and party at the hard rock hotel. Otherwise stay away from this place specially if you come with your family.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We had the best trip because Kyle took care of every little problem there was during our trip. It is really important to have a competent staff in the hospitality industry, and HRH Palm Springs really impressed us with their attentive team of managers and well trained employees. I'll be going back in two weeks to have another great experience. -Ed

Stayed July 2014
Love_All_PS, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Edwin, thank you for your review and taking the time to give a shout out to Kyle! We think he rocks as well and we'll let him know you said so!
See you soon!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Overall the hotel is beautiful. They have a great restaurant called Sessions with wonderful food. The pool is nice and on the weekends they have a live DJ. The only thing less than wonderful is their spa. They don't have any spa amenities; only treatment rooms.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Hi Kimberlee,
Thanks for taking the time to share your review! Sorry we don't have the room for a sauna and other amenities, but the ones we do have are spectacular! Hope you enjoyed one of the amazing massages by our therapists!
Aiguaviva, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I think that the global experience is irregular, there are very good points but there are another that need to be improved, specially at weekends.
The Good:
Location is perfect and can't be beaten, it's very central and plenty of restaurants around.
Rooms were also very clean, spacious and very nice decorated and I didn't saw problems on cleanliness on the hotel as other reviews said.

The Bad:
We stay three days, one at Saturday night and then Saturday and Monday night. The Saturday there were a lot of people and the hotel was overwhelmed. The pool was full, it was impossible to get and umbrella (that's very important in Palm Springs summer), and after asking for an hour to 5 different people I wasn't able to get a towel. There was also a lot of drunk people.
After Saturday night and specially the Monday the service improved as the hotel was not so overwhelmed.
Another minor problem were that Fridge wasn't usable because is full of beverages that you can remove because there's automatic computerized minibar. Our electronic keys were reset every day and we have to go to reception to reactivate it.

Room Tip: Be careful specially at weekends. If you want a quietly room ask for one as far as possible from the...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Lujop!
We are so thrilled to have a guest from Spain staying with us! I'm sorry the pool party was not your scene; for sure it can be overwhelming if you are looking for quiet solitude! Please come back mid-week when it is quieter. And don't forget there is now a Hard Rock in Ibiza! Hope to see you again soon!
Palm Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Excellent! Very accommodating. We walked in off the street after a huge disappointment from a nearby hotel. Clean! Got great rates and early check in. Needless to say we immediately checked out of the 'roach hotel' and into the HR. They definitely made our trip a 'winner'. Thanks HR. Will definitely stay with you again!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Cohen Girls you are welcome back any time! Glad we could rock your stay!
Murrieta, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This hotel is similar to the chain's restaurants - all image and bluster, but not so much on the delivery.

I chose this hotel because I have stayed at this location before Hard Rock took it over a year or so ago. First, the location can't be beat; you are right in downtown Palm Springs - that's the good news. Let me break this down by category:

Housekeeping: It is true what other have said about cleanliness - the property is not kept very clean. I find this amazing, because they just spent a gwap of money refurbishing it after buying the former Hotel Zoso. Why they don't take care of their investment I do not know. The elevators were unclean, the floors needed vacuuming, room service trays needed picking up etcetera. The lobby seemed clean, but they can do so much better.

Fees: This was irritating to say the least. I don't think there should be an add-on of about 50% of the room rate to my bill to cover fees and taxes. Taxes are inevitable - I get that. But why a $35 per day resort fee for nothing? There are no tennis courts, no health club that I ever saw, not even a daily newspaper. They do have WiFi, but that costs them nothing. Also, they have mandatory valet parking, and they charged me additional daily parking because I drove separately - 2 cars = $$. Really ridiculous.

Rooms: The rooms were pretty nice overall. However, you can't really use the fridge because it is stuffed with various liquor that they want you to buy. I managed to make a small slot to put in some homemade salsa that I brought from home, and upon checkout, they wanted to charge me for minibar consumption because the fridge "sensed" that I had taken items out. TV was limited also, but I don't go on vacation to watch TV anyway.

Pool: For a place like this, I was very disappointed in the pool area. Palm Springs in summer gets up to around 110F in the shade, so it is important to have shade. There wasn't much of it to be had. Not nearly enough umbrella and misters. We didn't stay very long out there because we couldn't get an umbrella, even though we got out to the pool pretty early. Also, they sell pool passes for $20 to all comers. Anyone who wants to come into the pool area (evidently some people think this would be fun) are allowed to come in and take up space that I am paying for as a guest. I've never heard of this before, and I am not cool with it at all. Why should my limited pool space be taken by non-guests? This is a bad, money grubbing policy.

Bar: The lobby bar is pretty nice overall. They do have a roped off "VIP" section that can't be used by us common paying guests. I imagine it is reserved for those who offer large tips or fees. This is ridiculous, because it is a lobby bar - not a Las Vegas nightclub. They had a DJ each night, who was not particularly good. Couldn't figure out what he was trying to do; not house, not electronica, not hip hop, but something different, mixing a bunch of oldies. Experimentation of some kind.

Overall, we had a good time, but I would not come here again.

Room Tip: The best rooms are the ground floor facing the pool, because you get the pool environment, and have...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Hi Bartman!
Sounds like we didn't do a very good job of rocking your stay, and I'm so sorry about that! I would recommend a mid-week stay... it's much more chill. And the rooms are cheaper too, but the downtown is still super fun. Thursdays are particularly cool because of Village Fest, our little street festival they hold the next block over. Hope you give us another try!

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs? Share your experiences!