“A Lovely Hotel in a Great Location” 5 of 5 stars

Andreas Hotel & Spa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   227 N. Indian Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, CA 92262   |
Ranked #12 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
Portland ME
“A Lovely Hotel in a Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2009

An extended group of us stayed at this hotel for my son's wedding in March. My son and his bride had arranged beforehand for us to take over the entire place. The staff was great to work with and couldn't have been more friendly and accomodating once we all arrived. The place was perfect for this type of gathering, from the pretty pool and hot tub to the many accomodating spaces for catching up with relatives and friends. The pool area is open 24 hours, so that we could come back from wedding events and luxuriate in the hot tub, cool off in the pool, unknot our muscles, and enjoy some quiet conversation under the stars. The breakfast room is bright and spacious. The second level has an outdoor fireplace and well-placed tables and chairs, along with pleasant nooks where anyone who wants can get away from the fray and still be outside in the balmy weather. My husband and I went for the king room, and ours was spacious and beautifully appointed. The bathroom was spectacular with tiles, a jacuzzi, and a gorgeous walk-in shower with glass doors. The location of the hotel is great, right in downtown Palm Springs within easy walking distance of restaurants and bars and the Palm Springs Museum, well worth seeing. There's also a large casino right across the street. All in all, this is a fun and wonderful hotel, and I would certainly go back there on my own, or with a group.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

This hotel is a little gem among all the big,cold hotels in Palm Springs. The staff is friendly and personable. There is a continental breakfast every morning. The King rooms are the best, ours had a jacuzzi bathtub and a shower, king bed, mini refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker. The hotel is within walking distance of all the shops. Our last night here, we were able to walk to the Street Fair, it was fabulous.

Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
los angeles,california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

This is our second trip and all of us loved it. Perfect location, staff very professional and helpful. Service is excellent. Whenever I want to spend some time in Palm Springs, Andreas is the first place I'll consider staying.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

What a great place, we just loved it! They even had a doggy bed and treats ready for our dog. It's a perfect boutique hotel, very quiet, clean, great location and the service was amazing. Everyone was so helpful and friendly. We will definitely be back! I can't believe the review below because we love to travel and we've been stuck in some horrible hotel rooms for double the price.

Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

I spent just a brief weekend at the Andreas Hotel and Spa, and was greeted Thursday evening by Geoffrey, the concierge, when I checked in. He had great recommendations of the local eateries, nightlife, etc. The hotel is in the heart of downtown Palm Springs, so you are able to walk to the shopping, eating locales w/minimal effort. The hotel is quiet, clean and a gem. I am trying to get my tennis friends to commit to a return trip to the Andreas next March for the Indian Wells tennis tournament.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

This is our second year attending Andreas. The rooms are nice. We enjoy the pool. And the enviroment is always good. We are also able to walk conveniently to great restaurants and shopping. Of course the stay would not be complete without the couples massage.

chicago, il
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2009

My husband didn't want me to write this but I feel I have to. I thought we were at the wrong place when we arrived as from the side entrance, you see it looks like it's part of a strip mall. There are other stores or something attached to it. While the outside of the property looks nice and the landscaping is pretty, the rooms are yucky! inside! I'm not even a picky person but who would want to even spend a minute in the smelly rooms! There's one tiny window that you really can't leave open because people walk by it, and the decor is dated and dark. There was one small chair that was too small to be comfortable, and there was this little dangerous stool by the desk that had 4 metal things sticking up from the sides. They were like metal scroll things on all four corners. If you sat down on the side of the stool, you'd be in for a serious injury to your privates. No kidding! Luckily, my husband warned me before I sat down as I wouldn't have noticed them as I was about to make a phone call for work.

I'm not sure what the smell was in the room, but it smelled like insense. It was really bad though. The maid didn't seem to understand when I asked her if there were any other rooms that didn't have that smell to them. It sounded like all the rooms had that smell. My husband thought it might be carpet cleaner powder stuff. I don't know...That smell really drove me crazy. If smells don't bother you then maybe you'd be fine.

There was an old tube tv that we didn't watch because we didn't want to spend time in the dark room. Luckily, they let us check out after a night. I heard someone else complaining too that they weren't happy and I heard the front desk person commenting to someone else that the guest wasn't happy...

I think if you are not picky on the appearance or smell of the room and just want a room to sleep in, it's fine and above average for just crashing. But again, not for lounging in and relaxing as you'd feel kind of like you were in a dark cave. I am baffled by all the nice reviews of this place! The pool looked peaceful and clean too as there wasn't anyone in it. Again, we are used to staying at cleaner more chick places with a more modern feel to them (W, Embassy Suites that have been updated, Westins, Hyatt Places, etc.) so this was not what we expected. But hey, the price was inexpensive and at least there was breakfast which is always a great thing. I think if they just updated the rooms to brighten them up with new bedding with washable duvet covers after each guest and lost the yucky comforters and carpeting, they'd be in good shape...(and also they'd need to lose those dangerous stools).

Finally, one other thing that I thought was very nice about the hotel is that they allowed dogs (even though we didn't bring one). It's always fun to see cute dogs and cool that they allowed furry friends.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Andreas Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!