“Not the same in a bad way” 3 of 5 stars

760-416-8664
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Falls Prime Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #102 of 271 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Tahquitz Canyon & Arenas
Newport Beach
“Not the same in a bad way”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

We always stop at the Falls when we are in Palm Springs, usually for Happy Hour. Aware they changed ownership some time ago, we noticed on the past few visits the service wasn't great. Thisbtimebthe service was awful and the food was bad enough to send it back. We ordered a bottle of wine that took 10 minutes to get. The baked oysters were not cooked and had a bad smell. The bartender spent her time running down an older couple claiming they left without paying. Literally, left the bar and ran outside, leaving nobody tending bar. Meanwhile, these poor folks left ther credit card receipt in the billfold and the manager scooped it up and didn't tell the bartender. The same manager came over to discuss the bad oysters. The couple Nextel to us said their was bas as well. The manager blamed the purveyors and actually stuck her finger in the oyster to check if it was cold...like I said. The Falls won't be seeing us again and they probably don't really care.

Zurich, Switzerland
“Smelly Meat”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

I went this week to the falls with my wife and my parents.
Their petite filet and rib eye was ok, but my filet was already smelling badly, so I gave it back.
The server apologized and told me that a new plate is being prepared, but it will last about 5 minutes.
After 5 inutes he came and said it will last a little bit longer, since i wanted my filet 'medium'.
It took another 15! minutes until the new plate arrived.
So I eagerly cut the filet apart und smelled on it... And this one even smelled worse than the first one.
I also returned this to the waiter and said they should not try again to make a new plate.
Two tries in 20 minutes was enough and my hunger was gone any way.
If you really want a good piece of meat go to the "LG's"...

Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Food was out of thos world, staff were veey efficient and polite. The views of the Thursday evening street market were great from the balcony table we had. Cost a bit but worth every penny (cent). Oh and dont forget to try a steaming cocktail.

Visited September 2012
North Vancouver, Canada
“Great deck!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

We really enjoyed our meal! The food was very good except that it didn't come all at the same time. We had to slow down eating our steaks because the veggies still hadn't arrived. I ordered off the pre-fixe menu and was very happy!
The martinis were very nice and had dry ice in them. When delivered they were bubbling and smoking! It was interesting!
The desserts were excellent! I had the mud pie and all I can say is "Wow"!
At the end when we got our bill we opened up the little leather case that it was delivered in and it was backlit! A very cool little touch.
Will we go back? Yes!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Dinner on a balcony”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We decided to go here based on a friends recommendations that raved about the martinis and the location. It was our anniversary so our hotel was able to book our own private balcony. I must say that was the coolest part of this place. Our own space outside to overlook palm springs and enjoy our meal.

The food was good but it is pretty pricey. You have to try one of their martini's. I went with the one recommended by our waiter which was a pear one and it was delicious. To top it off they put dry ice in it and it definitly ups the beauty of it by 10. This would not be the top of the list of the places we tried but I would still recommend it if you want something a little more romantic and alone or if you are a lover of martini's.

• Visited October 2012