“Best Chili Verde I've ever had...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #67 of 271 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night
Description: Since opening in the Spring of 1985, El Mirasol Cocinca Mexicana has built a reputation for consistently serving piping hot plates of artfully prepared Mexican regional cuisine and tangy, flavorful Margaritas. Both El Mirasol locations feature a singular focus on wholesome, fresh food with house specialties like Chicharron en Salsa, our rich aromatic Mole Sauce and hand made Corn Tortillas made fresh daily. Expand your Mexican food horizons with regional selections like Shrimp, Scallops or Chicken in Pipian Sauce, Spinach Enchiladas in Chile Verde or enjoy traditional favorites like Carnitas, Carne Asada and Chiles Rellenos. The Castaneda family welcomes a chance to serve you at either of their award winning El Mirasol locations, or we can provide catering for your event from small to large at your home, your event venue or host it at our very own Los Arboles Hotel!
San Clemente, California
“Best Chili Verde I've ever had...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We fell in for a late lunch, and was pleasantly surprised. The weather was great, so we ate on the patio out front. The waiter was friendly and attentive, and my wife adored the enchiladas (and normally she's not a huge Mexican food fan). Great time, and the Negra Modelos were very cold, just like Mom used to pour <sniff>.

Visited February 2013

UK
“perfect neighbourhood Mexican--vibey and delish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have driven past this place a thousand times. was always put off by the 1980s feel fo teh logo. I know, picky, much?

Anyway, we went midweek and it wa spacked w friendly locals. We got seated v quickly and joined the throng of bday parties and the like--not a plcee for a quiet meal. It was super fun!

Our waitress happiyl recommended thigns without tomatoes for allergic me. The margaritas are huge and deliicous and I had frozen and on the rocks. So tasty. Then i had this chicken dish with a saiuce made from ground up pumpkin seed.s it was spicy but not too hot and umami and the texture was like mole (mole-ay, not the small animal that digs up your lawn) only a bit mealier. I think it was called Pepito.

We had fun, it was delicious and we were made to feel welcome. We will be back!

Visited January 2013
LosArbolesPS, Owner at El Mirasol, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Hola Scribbler and thanks for the kind words. Your call on the logo was spot on ... designed when we opened in ... 1985. The dish you ordered was Chicken in Pipian Sauce ... my wife's family recipe. Never heard the flavor called Umami before but I think that is a excellent way to describe it!

Appreciate the support and we hope to see you back soon.

¡Gracias!
Quakertown, Pa
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had different experiences here. He had chilli rellenos and thought they were very good. I had a burrito that was only OK.
The margaritas were down to two choices .strawberry or plain...and I found the menu very limited.
The prices were good... Very inexpensive.
Atmosphere ...nothing special.
I wouldn't choose to go there again.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
LosArbolesPS, Owner at El Mirasol, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Hi Kay ... sorry to hear we disappointed. We certainly have our misfires just like any restaurant and welcome constructive criticism. If you have time to send me a message with details about your order and the date and time of your visit that would be very helpful. Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback.
“Favorite Mexican ANYWHERE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I crave this place...
My first and most frequent stop whenever I am in the valley
Never been disappointed with their clean, fresh and tasty selections
Spinach enchiladas to die for

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Las Vegas, Nevada
“For Delicious High-Quality Mexican, El Mirasol Can't Be Beat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The title says it all. El Mirasol is the most amazing Mexican dining establishment we have ever tried (and we've tried hundreds). Extra delicious are the seafood offerings, the carnitas, their chiles rellanos, their flautas, and their mole and mole piping selections. The service is fast, courteous, and efficient and the margaritas and from scratch pina coladas are amazing. For an exceptionally wonderful Mexican cuisine dining experience, do not miss out on El Mirasol,!

• Visited November 2012