“WoW” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shanghai Reds

Shanghai Reds
235 South Indian Canyon Drive, Inside Fisherman's Market & Grill Restaurant Complex, Palm Springs, CA
Menu
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Vaughan, Canada
“WoW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Well, I don't do reviews, that is, up until now! I have used trip advisor, and had quite a few amazing recommendations. But this one, was so good, I had to join the Tripadvisor community to share my experience here, and in future. I had to walk by the location twice, before I asked for directions, but we found it. And what a gem this place is. Never judge a book by its cover, but you should always read the inside cover! And Tripadvisor was right on the money! We started with the fried artichoke's, delicious! Then we had the fish tacos! Amazing! That was more than enough, but I had to sacrifice myself to an additional dish! Just to make sure this place is for real! I wasn't disappointed! I had the fish pasta, and the cook was three feet away from me. I watched, and was impressed with the efficiency of such a small location, with the enormous flavor! Don't let the looks fool you! This is a definite must try!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Winter Park, Colorado
“great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

This is hands down the best place to go in Palm Springs if you are looking for a relaxed atmosphere, super friendly service, and awesome seafood! The fish tacos are off the hook-as is pretty much everything else I've tried here.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vancouver, Canada
“Best shrimp tacos - hands down”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

We were staying across the street and we were drawn to explore and find where the great live music was coming from... ( Stevie ray Vaughn style). Wandered in through the side door.....Decided on a drink and a late night snack of shrimp tacos . OMG. So fabulous! The music was pure listening pleasure. The band has been playing here for eight yrs. Friday and Saturday nights. What a fabulous find on our last night in PS.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seal Beach, United States
“We felt adventurous!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

This restaurant was difficult to find because we didn't realize that it is on the same lot as the fish restaurant which is closer to the street. When we walked in, we were a bit worried (but felt adventurous) because it looked like a dive in some sketchy part of a wharf area in a seaside town, certainly not in the middle of Palm Springs. There were not too many tables indoors where we decided to sit because of the heat. So, we perched on high table for two. We noticed that there were several tables of various sizes outside. Looking around, we felt like we were in a movie set. We were further reassured when we saw the chefs producing dishes that smelled great and must have been delicious since they were eaten quickly. I had a seafood risotto that tasted great and my wife had the fish tacos that were highly recommended by the front desk at the Hilton Hotel nearby. We would certainly return for more good food in a fun atmosphere with friendly wait staff and patrons.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Very good fish tacos...service excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Right off the main street at the back of the fish market. Very good food, and yes beer. Relaxing and shaded. Staff is helpful and nice. Worth the stop while in Palm Springs

Visited July 2014