“We will go there again.” 5 of 5 stars

760-327-1196
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Coyote Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #80 of 281 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Alejo
Falisolle, Belgium
“We will go there again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2006

This is really a very good restaurant in Palm Springs.
Nice decoration. A lot of outside tables, but in mid-July in Palm Springs, it is better to stay inside with A/C, even in the evening.
A convenient free parking is available just behind the restaurant.
Entrees are really good and large for the price.
Of course, can be a little bit spicy, but it is Mexican food.
We loved the Margharitas.
Service is nice and friendly. But gratuity of 18% is automatically added on the bill.
We will definetively go there on our next trip to the States. (planned for next year).

Weston, Florida
“Great Margaritas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2006

I loved my Raspberry Margarita! I had just regular old chicken tacos because I wanted something "lite"...the portions are HUGE for the prices. Even the tacos came with lots of beans and rice, plus the salsa and big pieces of chicken. My colleague had the fish tacos which were again, huge in portion. I'm glad we stopped here!

Los Angeles
“Going Downhill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2005

I take at least two trips a year from Los Angeles to Palm Springs and make it a custom to stop by Blue Coyote for dinner enroute to my hotel.

Again, for the third year in a row, the hostess/host would not seat me and my boyfriend out front. Their reason - it is only for tables of four. At first this seemed ok but for the third year in a row, as we ate our meals we watched that area and it was empty with the exception of three tables of TWO who had been seated prior to us arriving.

Food has also gone downhill . . . and the wonderful Mango daquiries are now watery as they use the warm, watery leftovers from the blender again.

Grass Valley, California
“Loved the Blue Coyote!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2005

The Blue Coyote was recommended by friends but the online reviews were not very good, so we hesitated a little before going there. Sure glad we trusted our friends!! The food was outstanding and the portions were huge. The black beans that came with most meals were delicious, my husbands fish tacos had two very large pieces of grilled mahi-mahi that he is still talking about, and the mango margarita was the best in my search for the perfect one(so far). This restaurant has many little areas to sit that are cool and/or romantic. We liked it so much, we will drive the 1 1/2 hour drive to Palm Springs even if we are not spending the night.

“Blue Coyote Grill was Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2005

We ate at the Blue Coyote Grill on March 8th - got there early and were seated in the Courtyard in the front. Very attenditve wait staff and friednly, too. Food was excellent. My husband is a non-Mexican food eater and just loved the SW salmon - with the SW sauce on it! No refried beans here - which was a welcome change. I had the triple enchiladas - with each having a diffent type of filling and tortilla. Very tasty and filling. Variety of Mexican beers was excellent, too. I'd go back in an instant!