“A Must” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Puerto Vallarta
“A Must”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Five stars to me says there is little room for improvement and this place deserves all five. Try the lamb chops or the oysters Rockefeller or the clam chowder or anything else and you won't be disappointed. Sitting at the bar and watching the chefs/owners in action is my favorite.

“Great food, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

The pasta and seafood is to die for! Fresh ingredients, perfectly cooked, inventive recipes.
The menu is not huge, but they combine what there is in clever ways. Nice wine list with some californian ones that went well with the food, especially the Joel Gott sauvignon blanc.
The owners work in the open kitchen, you can watch them juggling pots and pans if you take a seat by the bar.
Combine all that with quick and attentive service and reasonable prices and you have a winner!
We explored lots of restaurants during our two weeks in Palm Springs, but Ruben & Ozzy´s is on top of our list, no discussion.

Visited December 2013
Los Angeles, California
“I cant say enough”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

My fiance' and I had dinner here on a monday night. In that the seating looked rather sparse, we had some concerns but took two seats at the counter/bar.

This is, by far, the best meal we have ever had in PS. There is a perfect mex/creole/pasta fusion thing going on here that is "off the hook". I would imagine it will not be long before Guy Fieri finds this place and it will be all over.

Boston clam chowder that was so good (and my entire family is from Mass, so its not like I havent had the best) that I can honestly say I have never had it anywhere on the west coast even close. One of the secrets to authentic clam chowder is being able to infuse the "sea" into it. This is usually done by creating your own clam broth, which I am almost sure these guys are doing. Its one of those, "here...you want to know what chowder is SUPPOSED to taste like?" kind of things...

I also had a couple of fish tacos that were the best I have had since Ensenada and they were probably better. The real "trip" here was that they were using simple Cod but you would think it was Cabazon or Seabass.

We then had a "Reuben Special" that had what was like an Alfredo sauce on the pasta but a red sauce on the seafood. Once you start playing with the mixture on your plate, you end up with pure "deliciousness"!!

The place was packed on a monday night. go early, you will LOVE IT!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
boston
“Great seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Had the steamed clams and
Raw tuna salad. Food was great and served quick and hot. Perfect place for a casual meal. Good value and friendly staff.

Anchorage, Alaska
“What a find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

My wife and I stumbled on Reuben and Ozzy's while exploring Palm Springs. The atmosphere is very casual with seating inside or out. The menu has a wide range of offerings but, as you might expect from the name of the restaurant, focuses on seafood. I had the cioppino. They make the tomato base from scratch and I must say it was amazing, and the complimentary toasted garlic didn't hurt. My rife had their fish tacos. Very tasty. Reuben and Ozzy do the cooking. It's amazing to watch. And the smells are mouth watering. We can't wait to go back. Oh, one more thing, the prices are very reasonable. An excellent choice for a great meal in Palm Springs.

• Visited November 2013