“OMG no way again” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #58 of 70 Hotels in Palm Springs
Chula Vista, California
“OMG no way again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I just stayed there and our room was clean except the bathroom shower it had a lot of hair on the walls and it was not mine. The bed was a box spring with a pad on top of it. The breakfast was really bad, my mom and I just got coffee and bananas. The room was very outdated, and smelt musty. One of the days we came back to our room really late and when we got there the maid left the shower on all day, it was like a sauna in our room which made it smell worst. So needless to say I will not be going back there at all. But on a good note the people that worked the front desk were very nice and polite.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Maria A, General Manager at Ivy Palm Spa and Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Jacqueline C.
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your recent stay at the Ivy Palm Resort
& Spa. We appreciate your kind words about the exceptional service you received from the front desk staff and I will be sure to pass on your positive feedback to them. However, I am sorry for the issues you experienced with housekeeping and our continental breakfast wasn't up to par. Our goal is to provide excellent guest service to all our guests and I am saddened we fell short of your expectations. I have already addressed the shower issue with the housekeeping staff and hopefully we can do much better in the future. Please keep in mind we have so many exciting new things happening at the hotel which include new mattresses, furniture & televisions, remodeling lobby, restructuring the breakfast menu/location & our poolside will get all new custom made cushions to lay out and soak up that sizzling sunshine that Palm Springs is best known for! Please know its guests like yourself who share honest reviews of their experience staying at our hotel that help us know the exact areas we need to work on the most. I hope you will give the Ivy Palm Resort & Spa a second chance in the future as I welcome the opportunity to do what I can to make it up to you. Take Care.

Maria Angelo, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2015

To start with there was no wifi access and I was attending a tech conference. My room had a musty smell to it. There were two of us sharing a room so we had only two towels. This might have been ok except the bath towels are not the size of normal bath towels.
The breakfast in the morning is barely a continental breakfast. The apples had multiple bruises. I have no idea about the bananas because I was down there at 7am and the bananas were all gone. The breakfast opens at 6:30.
The pool area was very nice. The group I was with was able to sit out there and talk. It was much more comfortable out there than in the musty room with the hard bed.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Maria A, Guest Relations Manager at Ivy Palm Spa and Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Ellen G
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. I am happy that you were able to sit outside, enjoy the beautiful Palm Springs weather and spend time with your friends. Your input, and the feedback from all our guests, is vitally important so we know the exact areas we need to improve on. We strive to provide excellent service so our guests are comfortable during their stay with us. I apologize if we fell short of your expectations. I am happy to say that our hotel has begun remodeling our guest rooms by adding new furniture, mattresses, fresh paint and flooring! I hope you will give us a second chance and stay with us again in the future so you can enjoy all the improvements to the hotel! We would love to have you! All the best.

Warm Regards, Michelle, Guest Relations
Boise
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2015

If I just needed a room to sleep in, this hotel/motel would be ok. It was clean, but somewhat outdated. There were several internet servers visible, but none that I could connect to with signal (and I was told "that room has the best internet"). When I called the desk, the guy was supportive and honest, saying, "I'm so sorry, we are full, to be honest we've had problems for a couple of days because of the bandwidth being used up." I couldn't even find the internet server he was recommending for my room.

Oh...the bed....it was a box spring with a 2" pad on top, honestly! I like a firm bed and slept ok, but it was a little shocking when I sat on it lol. My room faced the street, traffic noise was loud, but I wore ear plugs so I didn't hear it. If the town wasn't full due to a convention, I'd leave.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
BoiseLisaD
Thank you for your valuable feedback and I do apologize that your stay with us here at the Ivy Palm Resort & Spa was not satisfactory. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission and it saddens me that we fell short. I am excited to tell you that we have recently upgraded our internet which has dramatically increased the speed and made it possible for our guests to connect with ease from anywhere in the hotel. Our guest rooms are also getting a much needed update with new mattresses, furniture, fresh paint and flooring! I do hope you will give us another chance to experience the many enhancements made to our hotel as we would love to have you! Kind Regards.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2015

The bed was so hard it was like sleeping on cement. The free WiFi was only available if you in the lobby or at the pool area. Room 132 was not ones that were updated. Still had the old style TV and the plugs in won't hold anything . The breakfast was standard cereal toast and fruit. On the plus side the receptionist was very pleasant and the grounds and pools are nicely laid out. The restaurant down the street Billy Reeds was very excellent food and service. I probably wouldn't stay here again unless they get a decent bed and update the room

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Strodes,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Ivy Palm Resort & Spa. We are very pleased that you enjoyed the facilities in our hotel and the surrounding area. Management and staff take great pride in providing our guests with the best possible service. I am saddened to hear that the bed in your room was too firm. I understand how important it is to get a good night's sleep and that starts with a comfortable mattress. We are happy to say that our guest rooms are currently being updated with new mattresses, furniture, televisions, fresh paint and flooring! These are much needed updates and we are excited to have you return to our hotel and experience them! Again, thank you for choosing Ivy Palm Resort & Spa.
Happy Travels! Michelle, Guest Relations
Stockton, California, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2015

The resort has 2 pools and 2 hot tubs and the rooms and grounds were really well kept.
But the furnishings and rooms are somewhat outdated including the TV. However, the clerk said the whole complex will be completely remodeled.
Average night was $90, weekend $130 and includes free continental breakfast.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Rich I
Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. It's great to hear that you had a pleasant stay at the Ivy Palm Resort & Spa and that you were able to enjoy our 2 pools and 2 jacuzzi's! I'm happy to say we have started to remodel all our guest rooms with new furniture, paint, mattresses and flooring! We look forward to your next visit so you can experience all the new and exciting changes to the hotel! Thank you again for your positive comments.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2015

A really good value and good quality option in Palm Springs. The rooms are clean (if a little outdated), the pools and jacuzzis are lovely and the staff are very friendly. The guest laundry is useful and the wifi is ok. It's a short drive or 20min walk to where the majority of bars and restaurants are. All in all we were extremely pleased with this hotel and since we booked midweek we got a bargain price too!

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
JOV1234
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that. We are happy our hotel and staff met all your needs during your stay. There are many exciting changes happening to improve our property and make it even better for our guests! Our rooms will be updated with new flooring, mattresses, furniture and televisions, the hotel lobby area will get a total makeover with new paint, flooring and seating and this summer, we have a new location and menu for our continental breakfast! We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

All the best,
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2015

We reserved 3 rooms. 1 room with 2 double beds and 2 rooms with King size. Room 118 is at the end facing the pool has been updated with a big screen tv and wood floor (not real wood I think). This is a very nice room. The other 2 rooms 253 and 255 where also facing the pool but not updated. It had gross carpeting and older shutters. It smelled also.

They offered continental breakfast which was decent. We enjoyed our short stay here and we will stay again as long as the price stay decent.

Stayed February 2015
shawie09,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We truly value the opinions of each of our hotel guests and we apologize that your expectations were not met while you stayed in Rooms 253 and 255. Both Management and Staff at the Ivy Palm Resort & Spa strive for excellent guest service at all times and it saddens me to hear that with you, we fell short.
We do have some good news though! Recently, we have begun updating all our guest rooms you know better than anyone, our rooms are in need of a makeover! Guest rooms are getting new furniture, mattresses, fresh paint, flooring and flat screen TV's in each room! I hope you will give the Ivy Palm Resort & Spa another chance in the near future as we would love for you to be bale to experience all the wonderful things that we're doing to make a good thing....
even better! We hope to see you soon for some fun in the sun!
Michelle, Guest Relations

Been to Ivy Palm Spa and Resort? Share your experiences!