“Nice, but dirty pool and misleading promotional pictures” 3 of 5 stars

Ivy Palm Spa and Resort
2.0 of 5 Resort   |   2000 N Palm Canyon Dr, Palm Springs, CA 92262   |
Ranked #60 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
New York City, New York
“Nice, but dirty pool and misleading promotional pictures”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Ivy Palm resort was nice, but there was a sad overall feeling about it. The pools were dirty, the lounge chairs were broken, moldy and stained which makes you worrying you might catch a fungus if you put any bare skin on it. It really felt more like Palm Springs for the under-privileged than a resort. Not a fan. The breakfast was minimal but staff was adorable!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Read a few reviews on this property ,some were not so good. Let me tell you, the service is as good as any Hotel of this type or even better! Anything we called the front desk for was taken care of right away, and they were quite busy. I had left some medication behind and (Michelle) told me she would personally mail it for me. Now that's service!! The pools were large , the room clean and VERY cool (as it was 100 that day and humid) . Thank you Ivy Palm staff for a pleasant experience. Fran and Bobbi San Diego, CA

Room Tip: We both have problems walking. Asked for downstairs . Parking near door (ask for room opposite pool)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stayed here enroute to San Diego. Hotel was nice but the room I was in needed updating badly. Front desk clerk was uninterested. I would try somewhere else next trip through this area.Not bad but not great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Simi Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is a quaint, pet friendly hotel. When I called to book the room, I spoke with the friendliest, most courteous lady. This is a Mom & Pop owned Hotel and I will definitely be back many times. The room was clean and the air conditioner was already on and the room was cool! Hot day. Also, the bed was very comfortable. We enjoyed the continental breakfast, which had a variety of goodies :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We came here last minute and we were able to get a few rooms even though they were sold out:) how ?? Rihanna, the wonderful employee founds us some great rooms . We were glad we stayed here and we will definetely be back here again . We were leaving at our normal checkout time but extended our stay till 6:) . Great pool , great staff and great rooms . What more can you ask for :) Thanks to Rihanna and the staff at ivy palm resort we will b back !!!

• Stayed July 2013
Buckinghamshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

It's a very pretty little hotel. My room was112 on the ground floor.The room was clean with a comfortable bed. One thing which I found very annoying was that the wash basin isn't in the bathroom.It's just outside the door, but the bathroom light switch turns on both lights which disturbed me up when my partner went there.
The hotel didnt seem very busy and I only saw 2 other families, therefore the pools were empty when i arrived and it was great to take the plunge after a long hot journey. There are 2 pools and a jaccuzi with plenty of beds and chairs around.
I only stayed one night so can't comment on all the facilties. I was very disappointed with the continental breakfast which was coffee or warm juice and a cake.However, I suppose the fact that any breakfast is included with the price was a bonus.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Good/decent room, good location, BUT terrible customer service from the hotel manager - rude and not accommodating. She had an attitude when I informed her that I didn't know there was an additional $10/per night per person for a room with more than two people. No one said this to us when we checked-in and when I told her this she had a mean attitude and I was close to saying we were going to leave the hotel AND the continental breakfast is TERRIBLE! Stale packaged breakfast pastries, barely any cereal, barely any fruit, and no milk AND the manager was so demanding to us to see a voucher for the breakfast when there really isn't any breakfast!

AND the pool was dirty with bugs and leaves in it and the pool lights didn't work in some of the pools and they literally kick you out at the dot of 10:00 PM.

I wouldn't stay there again and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone! Don't go, I'm sure there are better hotel deals closer to downtown.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Ivy Palm Spa and Resort? Share your experiences!