“Family Reunion” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #49 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
“Family Reunion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Had a great time staying at extended stay in Palm Springs. Been staying at this location since the early 2000s.Worked in Desert Hot Springs n always frequented this establishment....Will be visiting you'all again. ....:)

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Palm Springs - Airport, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you were happy with your stay and that you would be back soon. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

On July 5,2014, reservation for Steven Murray,party of 4, Suite W/2 brs + sofa. This room had absolutely nothing in it accept for 2 beds w/worn out ugly spreads, no sofa. Not even 1 cup,dish, nothing. When we asked for these standard things, it was "oh, the maids had too much to do". And they did not bother to replenish anything, nor offer, we had to ask for everything, Clean sheet, towels, everything 1 at a time. As the mother of this family,I made the reservation because I've stayed at many Extended Stays across the country with good results. I was ashamed of this room and for $130 they got nothing for a bad experience. I ask for a refund and an apology to Steven Murray @ SJMurray1962@gmail.com.I live in Palm Springs and unless some action is taken I will never recommend this hotel again. Not only was it bad service, it was no service. Barbara Brownlow

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Palm Springs - Airport, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Barbara - We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We are very sorry for your experience. We apologize that we were not able to accommodate your room request. We will be working to improve our reservation process so that your experience is not repeated. We also apologize that you were not notified of our "customize your kitchen" options at check-in. We sanitize the kitchen items and keep them in sealed containers before delivering them to our guest in order to provide a better experience for our guests. We will be reviewing your feedback with our front desk staff to make sure our guests are properly informed of our available amenities during check-in.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. We hope that you will contact us directly, at PSA@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

It looked nice when we pulled up. I think the outside of the building has been remodedl. But as soon as we entered the slow and unfriendly staff started our negative experience. The room smelled like cigarettes, the bathroom looked dirty but we were told it was just stained, and they have a problem with homeless people in the area trying to get into the hotel constantly and leaving their grocery cart with their belongings at the back entrance door and near the pool area.

Room Tip: I guess you get what you pay for. We got a good deal because we were there for a high school basket...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Killarney, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We stayed here on the way to Arizona and on the way back. The staff was so nice, especially Frederick. The hotel was clean and the beds were very comfortable. We appreciated the kitchen as we had a cooler and wanted to put things in a refrigerator so they wouldn't spoil. The hotel was super quiet at night. I am a frequent traveler and appreciate the value and consistency of Extended Stay. I always look for them wherever I go.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
sylmar
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

where do I begin?!? we were in Palm Springs this passed Meomorial Day weekend for my step sons baseball tournment. We decided to stay at this hotel because it would be close to the baseball fields and we thought it would be very convenient to have a mini kitchen and would save some money on eating out all weekend. WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!
The hotel LOOKS very nice from the outside. We arrive at 10am from a 3 hr drive .We went to the front desk to check In and we were "greeted" by Regina . we were told that there were no rooms availble and to come back at 1pm to see if there was anything available. we said ok and figured we grab some breakfast and take a drive around Palm Spring and checkout our surroundings. we got back to hotel at 1pm .Regina seemed bothered that we were back and were told that there still were no rooms availble. we were than told to COME BACK again at 3pm because thats when our check in time was.. uhh ok why werent we told this the first time we showed up.. my step son had to be at the fields by 3pm which meant we had to drive around palm springs for 3 hrs in 104 degree weather ( such an inconvenience).
we checked in finally at about 630pm. we stayed on the 3rd floor and the minute the elevator door opened ..it smelled sooo bad!! it smelled like cigarettes.. dog (pet friendly hotel) and food cooking! thats one nasty combination! !
we went into our room and it looked just like we expected from the website but the smell of cigarettes was even stronger in there! everything smelled..bed sheets blankets EVERYTHING!!! BLAH!
We decided to go swimming and noticed there were no towels by the pool so I went to the front desked and wait a good 10mins for someone to come. Finally Fredrick came and I asked him if I could have some towels for the pool.. his reply was "dont you have any in your room?" I didnt want to bother with him anymore and went to my room and grabbed our towels..once we were done in the pool i made sure to stop by the front desk to get some fresh dry towels. . we waited 15 mins while fredrick checked in 2 families. we didnt mind waiting but never once in those 15 mims did I see fredrick make eye contact or even smile.. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! he truly hated his job..
We went back to our room to which we were greeted w a fishy smell.. someone was cooking fish.. we learned that night that the walls are paper thin we heard our neighbor snor all night and his alarm clock go off at 630am. theres no room service. .no blow dryer..and if you need anything you have to go down stairs and request it from the grumpy unfriendly front desk!!
I can honestly say i had a better experience at super 8 motel than I did here.
I obviously can go on and on but I think you get the picture. .
so if your willing to pay for horrible customer service. .smelly rooms with paper thin walls.. and no room service .. this is the place for you! !
WE WILL NOT STAY HERE AGAIN! !

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
San Fernando, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

First of all let me start by saying Ive stayed in some not so clean hotels but none had this smell I couldnt describe. From the outisde the hotel looked fantastic, but the smell as soon as you walk in the elevator was BAD! Plus this hotel only has the one elevator. Even our room had a smell to it, kinda of a musty smell when we first walked in. As for the staff they could use a couple of classes in customer service. I expected better from the hotel, this would make a good " Undercover Boss" episode. LIke I said its a nice looking hotel just needs some cleaning, deordorizers, and some customer service.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I needed a place to stay for a week while on business in Palm Springs. I liked the location of this hotel and the price seemed reasonable. When I arrived the staff was very helpful and courteous. The hotel grounds are very clean and I found my room to be clean and adequate. The rooms have small kitchens so that made warming food convenient. They also have a nice pool area. The hotel provides a free breakfast with about 6 or 7 items. Nothing elaborate but I like fruit and cereal for breakfast so it suited me just fine. I also like to walk in the mornings and this area is a nice place to walk. There are views of the mountains and the street is not too busy. All in all this is a good place to stay in a convenient location that doesnt break the bank.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Palm Springs - Airport? Share your experiences!