“Old” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sakura Japanese Bed and Breakfast Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Sakura Japanese Bed and Breakfast Inn
1677 North Via Miraleste, Palm Springs, CA 92262   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #22 of 29 Palm Springs B&B and Inns
Hender
“Old”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Had junk visible, junk cars in limited parking, old old tv. Nice pool. No real menu for breakfast. Noisy window air conditioner. Not a good experience. Only ones there and manager not there when we arrived. The ground's are old and in need of fix up.

• Stayed May 2013

11 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Whittier, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My wife and I needed to get away for a few days following a tough summer, stressful fall, and constant thoughts about a upcoming sugery. We found Sakura Bed and Breakfast online in Palm Springs and decided to book a room for 3 nights. The place is located right in Palm Springs and is close to everything but when you walk in you're in Japan! Our host George is a sweet man and made the best Japanese style breakfast every morning. The place felt like our home right away, we felt so relaxed we slept so much it was shameful! It was a little too chilly for the pool but the jacuzzi was great after a day at Joshua Tree and we even won a little at the Spa casino! Everything was affordable and cozy. We plan to look into B&B's from now on first as the experience was so satisfying, no checking in like a machine, no strange people in and around the room, and no other guests! (maybe another couple but they seem to be seeking solitude as well!). We plan to return for New Years Eve and hear George play some jazz at a local hotspot! we found a dear innkeeper that made us feel special and that now is priceless!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Idyllwild, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Sakura Bed & Breakfast host George Cebra, greeting us with delicious Iced Green Tea upon our arrival, went out of his way to make our stay most comfortable… we felt like we were in another land as he catered to us, treating us as if we were a couple from the “Life-styles of the Rich and Famous”. Staying here provided a most pleasant, out-of-the-ordinary “ cultural experience. We enjoyed the amenities that were situated amongst the beautiful, manicured Japanese Gardens. These included a nice-sized pool to keep cool as the sun shone from the morning until it hid behind the mountain, where we could watch it set from our comfortable double lounge, perfect for us, the romantic couple who loves to sun-worship. I enjoyed the soothing sounds of the attractive large water fountain gently trickling by the pool. The sparkling clean hot tub was brand new with different therapeutic jets if desired… it really hit the spot, soothing our back muscles. It was situated in a secluded area, surrounded by bamboo. George served us one breakfast and one lunch, both nutritious and delicious during our 2 night stay, with authentic eating dishes complete with chopsticks, in the gardens quaint eating area on a round table under a straw umbrella. Breakfast was offered as American or Japanese. We chose Japanese so that we could fully experience this adventure. George had peaceful Japanese music playing in the background to add to the ambience. We stepped inside our spacious room just off the garden, decorated in lovely Japanese Style, complete with mini-fridge, TV, DVD player futon bed and private bath. If you should decide to soak in this lovely experience and all that George and his lovely Bed & Breakfast has to offer, I am sure you will be as pleased as we were. I highly recommend Sakura for your next stay in the Desert. You will leave refreshed and satisfied!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary, AB
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

Japanese breakfast served poolside every morning started our days off perfectly. George Cebra is a knowledgeable and worldly host who made our stay in Palm Springs that much better. The rooms were comfortable and spacious. The welcome iced green tea on our arrival was an especially nice touch. I can't wait to go back...

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
San Marcos
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2007

This was the perfect little quite get a way for my family and I. George is quite the host. We had the pool to ourselves, the room and gardens were clean and delightful. I enjoyed the breakfast by the poolside, and the iced green tea when we arrived. It was nice having someone to call for directions. George made us feel comfortable and welcome. We were inspired by his gardens.

• Liked — The Japanesse Gardens, all the bamboo, and the music
  • Disliked — no fancy towels or bath items - but it wasn't important to me
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sacramento, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2007

I actually did not get an opportunity to stay at the Sakura Inn--unfortunately, my plans were cancelled, and so I called, ten days in advance of our reservation, and cancelled as well. I was told by George that my $145 deposit would be sent to me shortly. Three weeks and at least twenty calls later, I had neither received my deposit, nor had I received a response back.

I highly discourage anyone from booking with the Sakura Inn.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2003

My fiancee and I stayed here with another couple and were very much looking forward to the "Japanese" serenity. We didn't find it here.
Although the rooms were large, they were very cluttered, with dusty old magazines and poorly decorated. The backyard was very messy and in disrepair, including the jacuzzi. The owner/innkeeper was nice enough, but didn't know when to stop talking and leave his guests to their own conversation/vacation. I would not recommend this place, mostly because it is advertised as something it is definitely not.

Been to Sakura Japanese Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!