“LOVED IT!!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vista Grande Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Vista Grande Resort
You added Vista Grande Resort to your Saves list
574 Warm Sands Drive, Palm Springs, CA 92264 (Formerly Atrium Mirage Vista Grande Resort)   |
Announcement
Inclusive Resort
pa
“LOVED IT!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2007

My friend had stayed @ InExile the year before and said this was lush and wanted to stay @ Vista Grande the next year. We arrived with a little confusion @ the front desk. My friend stayed on the main property while I stayed across the street. We met great guys there and BOYS 3pm is the witching hour. That's when everyone got up and was looking for............................ We would recommend you rent a car, we had wonderful burgers @ Grill-A-Burger and had fun shopping. The place was clean and comfortable. The property overal could use some work but who cares we don't own it. We recommended this place to lots of people when we got back and we would go again. If you want the Ritz Carlton then pay the money and go there. I find some of the reviews funny to read. Its a clothing optional place, what do you think goes on there, HUH? The guys walking around @ night is somewhat worrisome but we were immediately told not to invite them in & we didn't (regardless of how hot they looked)

• Liked — 2 pools, 2 hot tubs, dry sauna and they are redoing the wet sauna
  • Disliked — I don't have any complaints. You get what you pay for and I was happy with my room
  • Tips/Secrets — stay away from the street boys
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
San Francisco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2007

I have stayed at and visited the Vista Grande a number of times. It has a lush and wonderful garden and grounds and is popular with locals who can came in during the day. As a result, the resort has a very cruisey atmosphere, where you can easily make new friends. While the management takes care of the grounds they have let the rooms go to pot. The rooms are badly in need of renovation. At the very least, they could use a good coat of paint and new furniture. The beds are ancient and sleeping on them are like sleeping on bags of oatmeal. The owner badly needs to take some of the profit that he is making on the resort and use it to renovate the rooms. Unfortunately, some of the other cruisey resorts (e.g., Inn Exile, Camp Palm Springs, etc.) have so-so rooms too. If you want a nice resort and don't care about the energy level, then you should stay at Santiago, Hacienda, Century Palm Springs or Terrazzo.

• Stayed December 2006
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Truro, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2006

We arrived there with no reservation but we knew the place for staying at their pool the year before.

The place was desolated. In 4 days we stayed there, 4 rooms at the most were rented and the place is huge. We felt very alone but thank god they allow people from town to spend time there in the afternoon. Otherwise it would be very boring since you go there for you know what :-)

The owner is very greedy. We were a party of three and we paid $250.00/night + extra cost for the third person. They would never give you a discount because the place is empty.

The room we had was OK but nothing special for that price. You really pay for what you want to do at that place and apparently it works!

Ther facilities are really nice: 2 pools, steam room, outdoor hot tub, lush gardens. They did a good job.

Of course we will go there again because it is the only happening place at Warm Sands but we don't stay there for the comfort of the room.

• Stayed December 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2006

My partner and I stayed at the Vista Grande for six days over White Party weekend and it really wasn't as great as it seemed. At check in the host was great, he gave us a tour of the resort and general information on the weekend. We were also able to make arragnements with our checkout being that our flight didn't leave until 7:30pm while checkout was at 12:30pm. White Party weekend is huge, we stayed on a waiting list for this resort and expected it to be full of people. Throughout the six days it never filled up. Most times it was quiet with six guests at most hanging poolside. After day one (thursday) and into day three we became more familiar with the area, began making friends and having a good time. To have friends over at the resort was a major issue. This is when our stay went from "okay" to "we should have stayed somewhere else". The front desk was a major hassle, and very unaccomidating when it came to having a guest over. The friendliness we saw at checking had left with the night breeze. We were treated as if we were no longer guests, having to show ID, given rules to follow. The resort quickly turned into a college dormitory. On the last day of our stay, we awoke to a call from the front desk reminding us what time checkout was. We informed the caller that arrangements were made because of our late flight out, but we told that the agreement was no longer and we were to be out of the room immediately. Would we reccomend this resort to others? Absolutely not. There are other resorts in which to stay in the Warm Sands area, that have to be better at customer service than the Vista Grande. Would we reccomend this resort for those who are members of AARP? Absolutely, as it seemed that demographic was the more welcomed and attended to.

• Stayed April 2006
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2006

Hello,
I went for few 4 nights in Palms Springs and I wanted to stay at a gay clothing optional resort. As mentionned by many, the gardens and the spa are fantastic especially at night. The rooms though are very old and they smell the humidity.The breakfast was very simple and actually boring: donuts ....
You meet a lot of people but for the better value I preferred Inn Exile with some studios with beautiful and the crowd is more hype.

Also tried Warm Sands Villas but it was very quiet. The breakfast was fresh with a great freshly grapefruit juice.
Enjoy !

• Stayed January 2006
Greensboro, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2005

What an exciting and unconventional way to vacation. This place is about trying new things.

Each room has it's own character from the style of entry door, decor, shape, size and location. However, they all seem to have a tropical theme. It is true that our room could have used a little cosmetic "pick-me-up". There were some issues with the carpeting, bath floor vinyl and paint. From peering into the windows of other vacant rooms, it seemed that many rooms did not have these little "issues." We were ok with it since we had asked for an inexpensive room. Cleanliness was fine. The important stuff was fine (shower, toilet, linens). The staff might consider a monthly "deep clean" between guests where they actually move furniture & vaccum behind things. Everything in our room worked except one dresser drawer.

The amenities and grounds were WONDERFUL! The cool misters are best around the pool in the Avalon section. However, the lounge chairs are most comfortable around the other pool. The dim lighting throughout the resort at night is awsome. The space has been used exceptionally well for guest enjoyment as well as funtionality for the staff. All walkways are well maintained and kept clear for safe and comfortable travel in sandals or bare feet. The resort should tell people about all the unique environments around the resort. Social butterflies will appreciate hanging around the pools, day or night. Couples might enjoy romantic moments in one of the secluded benches. The adventurers can find pleasant spaces to relax, all over.

The staff was friendly and helpful. There seemed to be someone at the front desk 24/7. Housekeeping never came to our room too early. It seems they give you time to wake up slowly and head to the pool or off to the casino, before making your room. The resort participates in an environmental program where they only change out towels and linens every 3rd day, unless requested otherwise. However, they provide a fresh pool towel, daily. I really liked this environment-friendly feature.

Overall, I have to say the resort exceeded my expectations. Of course, I could never stay anywhere for more than a night and not find at least some areas where things could be improved. What can I say? I work in real estate management. I think this resort offers a great value.

• Stayed August 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2005

Me and my boyfriend really didn't have a problem with the room decor of our suite because it was in the Mirage which seems to be of all 4 properties of the resorts the most expensive and most recently decorated. We had several occasions to visit rooms of all the other properties including the separate Atrium. The three areas of concern I would have with decor and cleanliness in rooms other than the Mirage would be in those instances where the bathrooms were not rennovated to the same standard as the sleeping quarters as well as those rooms that had converted cooking areas. Sometimes the areas between the cabinets and appliances and behind the refrigerators would be dirty with dust and debris. In one of the rooms I drop something onto the carpet and had to retrieve it from under the bed and found a few dead roaches. I didn't say anything to my host because it wasn't my room. Maybe he didn't realize this since he wore glasses.

I found it very nice to meet so many locals that would lounge about the pools mostly on the weekend waiting to make new friends and I would suggest that in order to get permission to do so take a tour of the property especially if you have friends visiting and you want to do something for the day. Thats how I originally came to know the resort. The place somewhat clears out during dinner time after which when the returnees figuire out what they want to do before going to bed or staying up for the bars and clubs to close down at 2 A.M. I just reason that I went there to celebrate and did so. Hope you can too.

• Stayed June 2005

Been to Vista Grande Resort? Share your experiences!