“Room upgrades and renovations!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vista Grande Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Vista Grande Resort
You added Vista Grande Resort to your Saves list
574 Warm Sands Drive, Palm Springs, CA 92264 (Formerly Atrium Mirage Vista Grande Resort)   |
Offers & Announcements
Stay 2 - Get Third Free
West Hollywood
“Room upgrades and renovations!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

The old Vista Grande is getting some upgrades and renovations. I stayed for a few days after New Years and was very happily surprised. Still the same friendly staff, I always feel welcomed and at home. Glad the place is getting some work on it.

Room Tip: I really liked 58 by the pool in front. Had never stayed in that room before, and it was all newly f...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This year has been life changing for me. Because of my insecurities (probably internalized homophobia) of being nude publicly in a private space and the taboo stigma that I believed to be a reality, my mind and eyes to exploring the clothing optional resorts of Palm Springs had been shut.

Due to an abrupt career change, I was directed to bring my business to Palm Springs once a month. Since this change, I have had the opportunity to explore many of the resorts and I can't express enough how content I have become since opening my mind.

The Vista Grande Resort has become my home away from home. Because I come here for work, I need to be in an environment that is quiet and comfortable. The resort rooms are similar in the sense that each one has been tastefully designed. However, none of them are the same... so it's always a new experience I love that each time I have stayed at Vista Grande, I am pleasantly surprised by the furniture, art, and layout of the living space.

The quiet is nice... however the fun is just footsteps away from my door. There is always something to do; a cool tropical waterfall next to a large physically and emotionally therapeutic jacuzzi, a massive steam-room and cozy sauna, large heated pools, and a simple walk around the resort is always fun because of the beautiful scenery.

I am mild by nature when it comes to sexuality... and I have enjoyed the mild while staying at the Vista Grande. The atmosphere has provided a space for me to comfortably step out of my comfort zone into the wild and I am loving my new freedom.

The staff is great and I couldn't be more pleased with the service and attention to my personal requests.

I'm so glad I found this place... this paradise, my home away from home.

Room Tip: Personally, I like being close to the waterfall. But you really can't get a bad room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
West Hollywood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I’ve known Bob the owner for years. The grounds look great right now. It is always the same place – the same visitors. It is always nice to visit and see the same people. I always know what to expect. For whatever reason I find it the most relaxing. I can unwind, and actually swim! I hardly ever get out into the grounds at other locations, but here I feel comfortable enough to do so. For whatever reason – I just like the place, and love staying in the old-hotel part. It is like home to me.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Melbourne Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

My mate and I stayed at the Mirage over the easter long weekend last year and returned at the same time for a longer stay this year. We really like coming back to this hotel in Palm Springs. The staff are so friendly and helpful, the other guests are really friendly. We seem to make new friends each time we go back.
The Mirage is quite a large hotel with 2 large swimming pools (one heated, one cold), a very big hot tub, waterfall, steamroom, sauna, and lots of areas to get away to for either socialising with the other guests or to get away from some quiet time.
The rooms are old but very well kept. They were cleaned very well every day. The hotel itself is very easily accessible with plenty of parking and just a few minutes drive down the road from Palm Springs airport. After our long flight from Australia we couldn't wait to relax by the swimming pool.
I'm sure we will be visiting the Mirage again next year. It's a perfect place for a relaxing vacation.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room in the Avalon section. The rooms there surround the large pool where most...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Greensboro, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

We just returned from another excellent Memorial Day weekend at Vista Grande. Bob & Robert seem to have the right management team in place. We had specifically good experiences with Mike, James and Mark during our stay. They guys put on a perfect breakfast spread each morning of muffins, cereals, lots of fresh fruit, juice, coffee, & milk. The resort hosted a cook-out/picnic on Sunday to celebrate the holiday weekend.

Since our visit last year, all the lounge cushions have been replaced around the Avalon pool and there seemed to be more lounge chairs and regular tables and chairs in that area. At least two new outdoor seating areas have been created (that I saw) with outdoor sofas and lounge chairs have been added by the large hot tub.

Room enhancements included new bath vanity tops and sinks, and tile floors. There also appeared to be a new kitchen sink (or it was just really well maintained). Daily housekeeping did a great job.

As always, I do have a few suggestions I may write to the owners with, but I would never want to discourage anyone from trying Vista Grande. It's a fun place!

Room Tip: Try to stay on the "main" property. The Atrium is right across the street, but you will fe...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

I've always stayed here through my twenties , it's a great get away spot for men to unwind relax swim and just have great relaxed time escape weekend. They have four properties to enjoy . Great pools and the morning doves are always there to start the day . Great steam room , hot tubs ,cold dipping pool and three big pools to choose from. Always different guests to socialize with and get to know. Friendly staff alwyas up to recommend local spots to eat and visit. Great place to unwind from busy day to day life. Rooms do need new beds , otherwise good place to stay.

Stayed January 2012
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Promising improvements are being made to what is already the most lush resort of this type in Palm Springs. Rooms have/are being renovated (new paint/tile floors and old carpeting removed), additional plantings and new landscaping behind the signature waterfall. Can't wait to see how it looks next year when I return. Robert and his staff are very attentive to the needs of their guests, their safety, and the cleanliness of the property.

Room Tip: Best rooms surround the Avalon pool.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to Vista Grande Resort? Share your experiences!