“Home away from home!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
Orange County, California
“Home away from home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

I, actually, have been a timeshare owner at the Plaza Resort and Spa, Palm Springs, Calif. since 1984. I normally spend my use week in May following Mothers' Day. This year I went in October. This location is not upscale but I thoroughly enjoy my stay each and every year. I usually upgrade to a one-bedroom (the largest available) but this year I stayed in what I own, a mini suite. Of the two pools, I always spend my time at the "Quiet Pool" but both the main and quiet pools overlook the golf course and are extremely relaxing. I can't say anything negative about the Plaza. Check in is always a breeze. The location is perfectly situated between Palm Desert and Palm Springs. Shopping is close as well as the airport. The views are spectacular especially from the golf course side. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Request a golf course view room.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Southern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

We played in our 8th annual D.A. Memorial Ryder Cup golf event in Palm Springs Ca. We stayed at the Plaza Resort and Spa which is next door to Taquitz Golf Course. Palm Springs is a nice place to visit and play golf even in mid September, The resort is an older place but pretty well maintained. I would rather stay here then one of the hotels on the main strip of Palm Springs.

Room Tip: Ask for the 2nd or 3rd floor rooms facing the golf course. Nice views of the golf course and the mou...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Palm Desert, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

Really nice people on staff. Great room with private balcony and full kitchen and separate sitting area. Nice bbq areas by the cool pool, with misters. The golf course is good for beginner players and priced right. Awesome courses just a few miles away. Full tv channel line-up including the Golf Channel, Food Network, E, Comedy etc made for inside enjoyment in the 110 degree heat. Very nice, but a bit outdated, place with a nice staff.

Room Tip: golf side is a bit cooler.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
North Hollywood, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

The best of everything starting with the staff and the ease of making the reservation. We reserved two rooms the Studio and the one Bedroom suite. Quiet place to stay the pool was perfect the mist in the shade was awesome the new BBQ grills were terrific the kids enjoyed the variety of DVD's. All in all we had a great time and will be going back for sure.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Anaheim, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

We made a reservation at The Plaza months before our trip, taking time to select where we wanted to stay from numerous options. One week before the trip, we got a call that our reservation was canceled and that we would be transferred to another facility. Not "would" we transfer, but this was done without our permission and despite a confirmed reservation. The initial explanation was that there were plumbing problems, but when I challenged that on the basis that it was a week away and surely that would be resolved, that explanation was retracted, but no other was offered. Needless to say, you cannot book a room here and be sure that you will stay at The Plaza.

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Anaheim, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

Made a reservation 3 months ago to stay at this hotel, and were notified that we were kicked out of the hotel and being moved to another hotel with lesser accommodations. They canceled our reservation without telling us, and wait until we called to try and find an alternate booking. We got stuck further away from our destination, in a crappier hotel. Unfortunately, the whole area is completely booked up, so getting bumped because they got a better deal really screwed us. DON"T MAKE A RESERVATION AT THIS HOTEL - IT IS NOT GUARANTEED - THEY EVEN CHARGED OUR CREDIT CARD FOR THE FULL AMOUNT!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

Plaza Resort and Spa is not a hotel; It's a time-share. So if you want a modern hotel with all the amenities, this is not the place for you. However, that being said, I had a wonderful stay. The room was actually a suite, two rooms. A small kitchen, dining table and living room area with pull-out sofa (which I didn't use) and TV. The other room was the bedroom and bathroom. Both rooms were spacious and had balconeys. The bed was very comfortable. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The resort has three floors and offers rooms facing either the golf course or tennis courts. I asked for a quiet room facing the tennis courts and my room on the third floor was very quiet. The only thing I heard was the occasional door closing. The hotel has tennis courts, fitness center and swimming pool (which I didn't have time to use) and two hot tubs. They also provide towels and bathrobe if you ask. They also have free DVDs to loan and a book exchange in the lobby.

A couple of important things to note:

1) internet is an extra fee about $5 per day
2) there is not daily maid service, but you can exchange towels at the front desk
3) they take a $100 deposit for incidentals and remove from your credit card day after you leave

With all that in mind, I highly recommend the Plaza Resort and Spa.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Been to Plaza Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!