“really lovely setting” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Parker Palm Springs

Save Saved
You added Parker Palm Springs to your Saves list
Parker Palm Springs
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   4200 E Palm Canyon Dr, Palm Springs, CA 92264 (Formerly Le Meridien)   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
$159 (USD)
Ranked #18 of 69 hotels in Palm Springs
Oakland, California
“really lovely setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

this is my second stay at the parker. the rooms are spacious, and were in good condition. the staff were extremely friendly. the grounds were fabulous. we hopped out to the jacuzzi every night from our patio. there were towels there.

i would definitely come again.

the downsides are that you have to use the valet to park your car. this gets a bit annoying. also, in the rooms, they have generous bottles of shampoo and conditioner, but a tiny bottle of lotion. the maids did not replace the lotion until after 3 days - with a note. it seems that they did notice this. also, as noted by other reviewers, what is up with no trash cans in the room?

other than these annoying nits, place was great.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
ParkerPalmSprings, General Manager at Parker Palm Springs, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear OaktownChica,

We are more than pleased to read you enjoy the Parker so much.

Yes, we have Valet parking only....who really needs to perform such pedestrian duties like parking yourself when there are so many other more rewarding experiences to enjoy while at the Estate. Leave it to the team of speedy porters to handle...they love driving and running.

Trash cans? We have one in every room. We keep it in the bathroom so it doesn't detract from the Jonathan Adler design. By the way, the trash cans are Jonathan Adler design also!

Hope to welcome you back in the very near future.

1,084 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Manhattan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

I've stayed here many times and every time they exceed my expectations! The perfect decor, ultra friendly bar, delish brunch spot Norma's, endless lounge spaces....I feel like a movie start as soon as I enter the property and get immediately into vacation mode even when I'm there on business! Wonderful job to the entire staff!

Room Tip: I prefer the South Building as it's closer to the gym and lobby / bar. However the North buildi...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear NYCTraveler31,

Movie stars love it here because we treat them like everyone else; everyone else loves it here because we treat them like movie stars....Service that is natural and genuine appeals to all.

We love this place too.

Best Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

I love the Parker Palm Springs. I'm what one would call a devotee! It's always great, from the rooms, to the spa, to the hotel staff. If something isn't right, they make it right posthaste! I couldn't recommend a hotel more highly in Palm Springs!

Room Tip: Away from the main lobby and the adult pool! :) But all rooms are quite great.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Beth R,

We like "Perfection" but we always strive to improve on that. Thank you for your loyalty and appreciation of what The Parker offers.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warmest Regards,

1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Check-in procedure is ridiculous. Was made to wait til 4pm with my bags by the pool before a room was ready. I find it hard to believe that on a Sunday afternoon at 3pm, between the dead zone of Thanksgiving and New Year's, there was not a single room prepared and ready for guests. When I asked what was going on, I was told that they have "a guaranteed check-in time of 4pm," - as if that's a bragging point. The sun sets just before 5pm in December - I'd like to get in my room, get changed, and get to the pool BEFORE sunset. Especially after spending an entire day traveling. And when I asked if it was possible to have a late check-out considering I was made to wait for several hours to check-in, I was flatly denied without hesitation. There is no shortage of hotels in Palm Springs, and in my experience most don't keep their guests waiting til dusk for a room. Also, reading through the comments, I see I was not the only one forced to wait around. My first and last time staying here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

The Parker Palm Springs seems to be trading on its image and reputation, as my recent stay there was somewhat lacking in the opulence dept. The setting is beautiful, the grounds are immaculate, and the kitchy 50's/60's era decor is neat. The restaurant is fantastic, and the staff were all highly accommodating and friendly.

It's the rooms and maid service that are lacking. My room LOOKED very stylish, but didn't have a single comfortable chair. There's no wastebasket in the room, aside from a woven receptacle that may or may not have been the wastebasket, but which I used as such (it was not emptied by the housekeeping either). Housekeeping also left me with a half-opened bottle of mineral water (didn't replace it), and didn't bother to refresh the glasses either, instead just putting the half-full glass of water back on the tray. One would think they'd at least have emptied it...

The bathroom was in serious need of a redo, with chipped and skewed cabinet doors, cracked mirrors, peeling wallpaper, loose shower plumbing, and tile that should have been torn out & redone years ago. I was a guest here on a press junket, but if I had to spend my own money on a Palm Springs resort, it wouldn't be at this one.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

secluded, lots of staff, very nice spa.........Very interesting grounds which are fun to walk.......lots of young couples and small children.........interesting 60/70s decor..............the rooms show quite a bit of wear

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
West Hollywood, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I love the setting of this hotel and always have. This was my second visit. I needed a room in Palm Springs at the last minute so went on a hotel web site where I could see everything available. I have heard that hotels tend to save the worst rooms for third party web sites and maybe that was the problem this time although there was no discount on the price. I asked for a king bedded quiet room and was given a room with two beds right near a stairway. In fairness when I complained they offered to move me but I was too tired. There were no slippers in the room nor were any provided on request and the towels were very very worn. Upon check in no one showed me to my room and it was dark out, in another building and not easy to find. The two meals I had at Norma's Restaurant were not at all good. On there other hand the grounds are very nice. The room was very large. The gym was nice but nothing spectacular. There is nothing within walking distance of this hotel so you do have to drive.

I am looking forward to the reopening of the Ritz Carlton in Rancho Mirage 2014. They used to be in Rancho Mirage many years ago at the same site where they are re opening although it was owned by others since and they know how to do it right, the Parker doesn't come close.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Been to Parker Palm Springs? Share your experiences!